Does this mean Abbott is done? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Does this mean Abbott is done?

louisa05

Final Flight
I am thrilled for Jeremy and so proud that he and Max got the third spot back.

If you haven't seen U.S. Figure Skating's picture of the three spots on Twitter, go check it out. Too cute!

mintx

On the Ice
I'd love to see Jeremy go out on a high note. Its time to heal is back and think about his future. I can't blame him for thinking What If, but realistically its time.

BlackPack

Medalist
Realistically, he just skated nearly his very best and he still is some 30 odd points away from a medal.

This. The judges don't support him anymore. Now, if Yuz or Javier or even D10 skated the same program, they'd all medal. Abbott should be pleased with himself and the Japanese crowd appropriately appreciated his efforts. Not to mention at Nationals he'll have to get past Jason Brown, Joshua Harris, and even Max, who's inconsistent, but still a contender.

I hope he just kisses Mao's &&& and skates in her Japanese shows. The Japanese (women) love him.

noskates

Record Breaker
I'm just glad, if this is his last competitive skate, that he laid down a good one and has that memory. Regardless of what anyone has ever thought of him, this is a young man who has spent hours trying to perfect his craft and he has a lot of talent. Just goes to show how much competition is a mental game as well as a physical one.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am thrilled for Jeremy and so proud that he and Max got the third spot back.

If you haven't seen U.S. Figure Skating's picture of the three spots on Twitter, go check it out. Too cute!

I'd love to see Jeremy go out on a high note. Its time to heal is back and think about his future. I can't blame him for thinking What If, but realistically its time.

I'm just glad, if this is his last competitive skate, that he laid down a good one and has that memory. Regardless of what anyone has ever thought of him, this is a young man who has spent hours trying to perfect his craft and he has a lot of talent. Just goes to show how much competition is a mental game as well as a physical one.

:agree:

CPWest

Rinkside
love Jeremy's skating skills and artistic performances, but i hope he is retiring on a high note. will miss him dearly!

he co-choregraphed his own programs the last few seasons. truly hope he will be working as a choregrapher as he has got the talents!

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Realistically, he just skated nearly his very best and he still is some 30 odd points away from a medal.

He didn't medal which is what he wanted. The fall on the quad cost him.
I'm ready to see him go and I know he will do a ton of shows so he won't disappear from his fans, but as far as competition, nah, move on Jeremy, it's time.