Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I knew they could move up on the podium after the FD :)

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thank God!! Hallelujah!!

Congratulations to Maddie & Evan for the Silver at 4cc!!

Watched it twice, so light and airy, flawless, this FD is turning into a masterpiece to Rachmaninov. I noticed a few more details and twicking of the choreography to fit rightly to the music. I notice also for the first time the pause to the drum beat right in the middle at 2:50 (icenetwork version) which I wasn't aware before. This piece of music is so hard to choreograph to and difficult to skate to. They believed in their program!! Just glorious!!

To climb from 4th to 2nd demonstrates their strong skating skills and the packaging of this whole FD. Papadakis/Cizeron did climb from 5th in the Short to 1st after the Free Dance at last year's worlds. There is definitely every chance to medal at worlds.

Well done Maddie & Evan!!

Astrid56

Final Flight
Thrilled to see them finishing second after a lackluster SD. Can't wait to see them compete in Boston. I hope they are able to correct their problem/issue with step-sequences but with this Rach music, I don't know - it's hard to dance to it, :scratch3: . I also hope that they have finally decided on what FD version to use :laugh: ... I like the latest version. This has been a challenging season for them and I hope that they'll be wise in choosing their music for the next season. Anyway, I have a feeling this World competition in March will be very exciting.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
It was a nice performance, good on them to come back like that, must have been so hard to pull themselves together esp. with this challenging FD. This music is really hard to interpret and it's getting better. Worlds will be insane.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
So proud of these two after the disappointment of Nats and the disastrous SD here. They put out their best FD performance of the year, and if only they can solve the level issue with the step sequences, this program should be very competitive at Worlds as it seems like it will be peaking at the right time.

I'm a little more concerned with their SD at this point - they've got to hit those pattern steps consistently, so hopefully that's a big focus for them over the next few weeks.

But overall, what an inspiring performance and finish for them, it will really boost their confidence for Worlds. I'm so happy for them; they really showed their fighting spirit.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Belatedly coming here to say how proud I am of our Maddie and Evan. They were heroic at 4CC. They had to overcome huge emotional hurdles and two big setbacks to come back with such a magical free dance. Congratulations. We love you both. And on to Worlds.

And happy belated birthday to Evan. Does he look too thin to anyone else? My mom instincts are working overtime.:slink: He's a strong man, no doubt of that.

Astrid56

Final Flight
Yeah, he is just very tall and lanky. Of course, he looks more like he has aged a bit so the lankiness looks more pronounced. I think he's also worried about their 'standing' having struggled so much this season trying to 'perfect' their SD and FD.

icekiwi

On the Ice
All the best to Maddie & Evan at Worlds!!!

Rach it baby!!!

p/s Any Maddie & Evan fans at Boston right now?

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thank you, Doris!

There is only a small group of us here at GS Forum who are maddeningly cheering for Maddie & Evan.

Please remember to post report on Maddie & Evan's SP and their practices when you see them 'live', thanks.

I am very nervous right now and I am not even sitted at the venue waiting for that last Ice Dance SD group. When Maddie & Evan finish their SD, please yell out cheers :cheer2: and clap as loud as you can for me and everyone here, thanks, Doris!! Let's Rach!

Last edited: