Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stars on Ice - any chance new Russians will be there?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CezarMart View Post
    This is unfortunate. I can imagine thugs booing at her anywhere and I don't think there is anything we can do about it. Maybe throw popcorn and coke at them while they are doing it. But anyway, she has to face it. She made a very unpopular decision by deciding to dare to challenge Yuna, so she has to live with it now. I hope she will consolidate her gold at the Worlds and that will silence everybody and clear the path for her. I really want to see her.
    I think just getting on the podium will be enough to silence the critics, at least for the time being. She's got to overcome Mao, Caro and Yulia as well, so her competition will be tough. Mao will have major pressure to give a great farewell performance on home ice (if she does retire) and Yulia will be HUNGRY for a medal after she took herself out of contention in the ladies event.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Here is the schedule from the official website. The tour dates are overlapped among them.

Stars on Ice US: 4/4 - 5/18 http://www.starsonice.com/get-tickets.html

Stars on Ice Japan: 4/12 - 4/20 http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2014/
    Stars on Ice Canada: 4/25 - 5/15 http://www.starsonice.ca/get-tickets.html

It seems they are running two separate teams this year, one for US and the other for Canada/Japan. Most of the cast for the Canadian part is announced already, all of them Canadians. I guess the US tour will be mostly Americans, too.

Canadian tour: Chan, Virtue & Moir, Browning, Rochette, Buttle, Duhamel & Radford, Osmond, Weaver & Poje, and Sawyer.
    For those wondering about the SOI Japan cast, it seems to be the same for all three cities:

Buttle, Rochette, Arakawa, Oda, Mao Asada, Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Virtue/Moir, the Shibutanis, the Reeds, Takahashi/Kihara.

ETA: Kozuka, Chan, Pang/Tong, Fernandez, Hanyu, and Machida have been added to the SOI Japan cast.

Custom Title
    The US part of the cast has been announced as a news:
    http://www.starsonice.com/news.html?n_id=432

Davis & White, Wagner, Gold, Abbott, Brown, Castelli & Shnapir, Chock & Bates, Bradley, and Nagasu

Medalist
    Yeah I love that US cast. It was smart of them to include Nagasu. The team seemed to get along well in Sochi so that should make it easier to tour together.

I assume that Polina will guest star in CA.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    Yeah I love that US cast. It was smart of them to include Nagasu. The team seemed to get along well in Sochi so that should make it easier to tour together.

I assume that Polina will guest star in CA.
    Love the cast too- glad Chock/Bates got the tour despite not being part of the bronze medal club. Would have been happy to see Z/B get the opportunity to tour and make a little money but I'm not surprised they weren't included. Glad for Mirai- this was probably what USFS offered her in exchange for her PC statement regarding the selection.

I do think Jason on tour is the best thing that could happen to the fledgling show circuit in the US. And Marissa & Simon's Royals program also is an old school, well choreographed crowd pleaser- the way Champions on Ice programs used to be instead of the thrown together exhibition that most current skaters seems to have now.

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm so glad they included Nagasu. I've been wondering this whole year if she's been having financial issues. I even thought that maybe Rippon choreographed her exhibition because she couldn't afford a more established choreographer (although that turned out so well, maybe she just has an eye for talent!)

Too bad I don't live any where remotely near any of the stops :( I would love to see that exhibition program live.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    For those wondering about the SOI Japan cast, it seems to be the same for all three cities:

Buttle, Rochette, Arakawa, Oda, Mao Asada, Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Virtue/Moir, the Shibutanis, the Reeds, Takahashi/Kihara.

ETA: Kozuka, Chan, Pang/Tong, Fernandez, Hanyu, and Machida have been added to the SOI Japan cast.
    They addet Yuka Sato and Carolina Kostner

Banned
    the Reeds

On the Ice
    I went to the SOI show in Long Island NY 4 years ago. The skaters were pretty much all from North America. Pang and Tong was in the cast in the early announcement but they were not able to make it. I believe the new Russians are more likely to join the shows in Europe.

Custom Title
    SOI doesn't pay what it used to. Wasn't Weiss talking about that several years ago? That the pay was so low it wasn't worth the risk?

Custom Title
    I'm going to the Long Island show on Sunday. Today while checking out the SOI website I just realized Davis & White will be skating their Scheherazade program for one of their numbers. I'm very excited to see it in person!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It is a shortened, show version of Scheherazade.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    They take out the twizzles and replaced them with one of the lifts from Samson and Delilah, in terms of major changes.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    They addet Yuka Sato and Carolina Kostner
    Adelina has been added to the SOI Japan cast, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It is a shortened, show version of Scheherazade.
    Oh well, it is better than nothing I guess.
    The tour has skipped NY for several years. I am a little bummed that Sasha isn't touring with them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast