Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Stars on Ice - any chance new Russians will be there?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    I am a little bummed that Sasha isn't touring with them.
    I heard she went to school, looking for a career in the financial industry. I think she left for the next stage of life.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    I heard she went to school, looking for a career in the financial industry. I think she left for the next stage of life.
    I know, but I still miss my Sasha!

Custom Title
    I read recently that Sasha was engaged. She's probably busy planning her wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I read recently that Sasha was engaged. She's probably busy planning her wedding.
    I am impressed with Sasha, looks as she is studying a real career. And about her wedding, it is true? If her boyfriend is the guy of her photos in instagram he is super hot

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I believe that might have been an April fools prank, I haven't seen any confirmation about an engagement. Sasha hasn't posted anything that I can see.

Custom Title
    I just found out about Sotnikova's gala program in SOI in Japan. I think she will going to do this program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_uCFsN2C8Y

But after I saw the program it reminded me of Yuna's "all of me" performance. especially on certain step sequence and the ending. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gauEM8QCZ6M

I know a lot of skaters copy other's choreography including yuna, but this performance just doesn't seem good to me.

I also don't like the music for Sotnikova. I think she could have chosen better music to make the performance better.

What's ur opinions on this?

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    I just found out about Sotnikova's gala program in SOI in Japan. I think she will going to do this program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_uCFsN2C8Y

But after I saw the program it reminded me of Yuna's "all of me" performance. especially on certain step sequence and the ending. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gauEM8QCZ6M

I know a lot of skaters copy other's choreography including yuna, but this performance just doesn't seem good to me.

I also don't like the music for Sotnikova. I think she could have chosen better music to make the performance better.

What's ur opinions on this?
    Personally I don't think they are alike. I don't think she copied it. But yeah, Adelina's gala program is not a good one. The music is kinda omg. The choreography is not good at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Personally I don't think they are alike. I don't think she copied it. But yeah, Adelina's gala program is not a good one. The music is kinda omg. The choreography is not good at all.
    The surely ruined the original song 'come together' by beatles.

Custom Title
    So I went to the show last Saturday and I was really really positively surprised. I expected mostly the older generation of skaters with some current athletes, because hmmm..., to be honest, I respect their past accomplishment, but I really prefer the current youth rather than historical names. Especially when I pay money for it. And to my surprise the cast was practically the best what US has to offer today. Minus Jason Brown and the pairs. And plus Alissa Czisny. And a surprise appearance by Polina.
    So it was a really magical evening, including a standing ovation for Meryl and Charlie, who also played hosts of the show. I was looking for Max in the audience, but I don't think he comes to the shows.

The skaters delivered really the best performance they could, including an uncomfortable fall by Mirai and charming but technically weak skate by Alissa with a fall. I don't think Alissa likes jumping.
    Anyway, while the skaters were spectacular and gave their best, I cannot say the same about the public. The Rose Garden (sorry, Moda Center) was only half full. Or even less. Anemic, passive and with no energy. Even standing ovation at the end for Meryl and Charlie appeared forced and quickly died out.
    But what can you expect from an audience with average age of 80+? With my 50 yrs I was probably a young kid there. I tried to generate as much energy and support for the skaters as I could, but I had to clone myself 100 times to make any difference. I felt sorry for the skaters to give their best to such a dead audience.
    Anyway, the money was well spent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4