Sotnikova's win: what does it mean to young skaters aiming for the next Olympics? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sotnikova's win: what does it mean to young skaters aiming for the next Olympics?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Unless things change with judging/scoring, Adelina's win bodes ill for the Russian baby ballerinas like Yulia and Elena. It will be payback time.

I can't see the purpose in punishing a skater (any skater) for something they had no control over that happened at a previous competition. If that happens I think all of the judges will need to be put in time out for acting like a bunch of 10 year old school girls...

whatif

Medalist
Well they are naming a school after Adelina in Moscow. So I guess it does mean a lot.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Well they are naming a school after Adelina in Moscow. So I guess it does mean a lot.

Bless 'em. This is definitely better news than having heard about a skater sent to Siberia for not winning gold :biggrin: but this is where happiness ends.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I can't see the purpose in punishing a skater (any skater) for something they had no control over that happened at a previous competition. If that happens I think all of the judges will need to be put in time out for acting like a bunch of 10 year old school girls...

So judges should be put in time out for scoring against Russian skaters unfairly (it if happens), when they have scored in favor of them unfairly across all disciplines atleast 60% of the time since the 60s now. OK. :laugh: If the world was truly fair Russian skaters in every discipline would be underscored for the next 30 years minimum to compensate for the amount of BS and corrupt wins they have gained since their emergence as a power 50 years ago. Not that I hope for that as that would make the sport an even bigger mess than it is, but nobody will feel sympathy for any underscored Russian skater, that is for sure.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Mature people should feel sympathy for them. Blaming a person for something they had nothing to do with is childish and misguided and will do nothing but add to what's wrong with this crappy sport.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
So judges should be put in time out for scoring against Russian skaters unfairly (it if happens), when they have scored in favor of them unfairly across all disciplines atleast 60% of the time since the 60s now. OK. :laugh: If the world was truly fair Russian skaters in every discipline would be underscored for the next 30 years minimum to compensate for the amount of BS and corrupt wins they have gained since their emergence as a power 50 years ago. Not that I hope for that as that would make the sport an even bigger mess than it is, but nobody will feel sympathy for any underscored Russian skater, that is for sure.

So why not underscore every Canadian for the Chan scores ?. Or every American for Hughes in 2002 ?.
Do you even watch skating ?
Don't bother with an answer as I know any comment from you will be more hate both towards me & "Big, Bad, Russia"