Jr. Age Requirements for 2014/15 | Golden Skate

Jr. Age Requirements for 2014/15

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Most skaters are beginning to prepare for the 2014/15 season and their seems to be some confusion about the age requirements for Junior Pairs and Junior Ice Dance. Does anyone have a definitive link for the age requirement or does this still need to be approved by the ISU?
Thank You

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Most skaters are beginning to prepare for the 2014/15 season and their seems to be some confusion about the age requirements for Junior Pairs and Junior Ice Dance. Does anyone have a definitive link for the age requirement or does this still need to be approved by the ISU?
Thank You

Can anyone advise what are the ages for Junior Pairs and Junior Dance for 2014/15 Season?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rule 108 of the Constitution and General regulations for isu competitions goes into effect this July1st. The change was adopted at the 2012 Congress. It is now the devil finding stuff on isu.org, especially on a tablet, but I'll give it a shot.

Looks like not yet 19 by July 1st for ladies, not yet 20 by July 1st for men.

Down loadable here
http://www.isu.org/en/about-isu/isu-statues-constitution-and-regulations

It is possible that it will be appealed this year at the June Congress?

Last edited:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Thank You for the information
I can't believe it is so unclear because music is being cut and dance are being choreographed based on the old rule and some teams on the new rule. To appeal in June would seem unfair to the Teams that are working under the new requirement.

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
I looked at Rule 108 and it seems pretty clear to me. What would the appear be on or rationale behind it?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I had heard that some smaller feds are upset that it makes just that much harder to put together pairs and ice dance , something that is hard already. I very much doubt it would succeed.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is still affecting a lot of teams. Many are working overtime to get two programs just to be prepared. Ridiculous....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The recent ISU council voted to reinstate the previous age requirements, so at least the confusion should be over.

19 on July 1st for ladies, 22 for men, and you are too old.
18 on July 1st for ladies, 21 for men, and you can skate as a junior team still.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
terrible this should only apply to Ice Dance and Pairs

age limit for individuals should be lowered