Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stars On Ice 2014 American Cast Announced

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    That's Yuzuru Hanyu!

(The caption under the photo definitely says so.)
    Thx, and so sorry. His hair looks so different to me, and on the city pages that show the thumbnail faces of all skaters, I obviously did not recognize him.
    (And I did not realize that if I waited long enough, a bigger version would show up in the rotation of photos on the home page.)

Rinkside
    I just attended the Stars on Ice 2014 show in Orlando, FL yesterday, and it was all shades of awesome!

Jason Brown and Polina Edmunds were the guest performers. Of course we got to see Riverdance and Can't Touch This from Jason. Polina Edmunds did a very nice routine to Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. She really showed a lot of showmanship and pizzazz. I hope for good things for her skating in the future.

There was a group routine with the ladies and with the men. The guy's routine was more fun with lots of dancing and hamming for the crowd. The two ladies behind us could not say enough times "How cute is Charlie White!"
    The ladies did a very interesting contemporary routine with a barre. It was quite enchanting which I think was the desired effect. The only part that made me nervous was when the other ladies lifted Meryl overhead. All I could think was, "Don't drop Meryl. She's got Dancing with the Stars tomorrow, and she still has to skate Scheherazade tonight!" Nevertheless, the trick went off flawlessly. Meryl was safe and all is well.

The other skaters performed the routines as listed on the SOI program (listed under music on the website). Suffice to say that everyone performed really well. Sure there were some saved landings here and some two-footed landings there, but nobody hit the ice and the performances were not "watered down." No need to go into detail because this show happened to be the one that was filmed for television broadcast! I did not know that until the show began and Scott Hamilton came out and made the announcement. I think the show will air April 13th on NBC.

Of course, they allowed the skaters to repeat some of the elements with shaky landings, so with the magic of television editing, the performances should be flawless.

I am certainly glad that we made the trip to see the show live. I doubt they will air all of the performances on television, so I certainly feel that it is worth it to see the show if you are anywhere near the tour stops.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you, CrystalClear for the lovely review! I hope SOI really sells lots of tickets this year!

I second Doris' thanks, CrystalClear! I'm looking forward to going myself in May!

And welcome to Golden Skate, post often and post long!

Down With It
    A few pics from the show I attended (Newark, NJ on 4/9):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/844024...7644190132115/

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thanks, R.D.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2