Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michael Christian Martinez inspires FS in his Country

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Custom Title
    ^So happy! Congratulations Michael! Continue working hard and hopefully I can see you at Pyeongchang in 2018 in medal contention!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    normal fans will be a great addition
    but new potential rabid and bots are not
    Yeah, rabid fans who are obsessed with a skater are the absolute worst.

I'm thrilled that MCM is garnering popularity of FS in his country! And he's a fun skater to watch.

Custom Title
    Thrilled for his great results for Philippines. Not a bad looker this kid either. Has pin up potential in a few years maybe even rival Hanyu?, BBC raved about him and he has a big fan in Robin Cousins.

The more minority countries do well in this sport the more healthy it thrives. Brazilians do celebrate their athletes too, and they have Isadora Williams also upcoming who I was lucky to have seen live and enjoyed her Memoir of a Geisha program.

Tripping on the Podium
    Congratulations to Michael! Let's focus on positive things first, like his getting recognition in the Philippines and hopefully, more support from the government. I think our country needs a new Manny Pacquiao hahaha XD Kidding aside, I hope he comes back next season more healed up with a more polished and competitive program (and maybe a quad!).

Custom Title
    Well done MCM!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    Congratulations to Michael! Let's focus on positive things first, like his getting recognition in the Philippines and hopefully, more support from the government. I think our country needs a new Manny Pacquiao hahaha XD Kidding aside, I hope he comes back next season more healed up with a more polished and competitive program (and maybe a quad!).
    ITA, he also needs to have a better program that he could connect with and so with the audience, one which music he could get lost in and feel while performing.

There are indeed many rabid fans here in the country who are more into asking for fan signs than his athletic welfare (eg. training time, etc.) but I guess we have to deal with that at the moment as fans like them might be temporarily okay to keep the interest coming, most especially with training funds for MCM still being a problem.

Custom Title
    MCM has so much potential, consider his situation, for me his talent is much more than most of world class level skater at his age, it such a shame that he has funding issue.

As for fan, I'm a bit sad to say that I found many of his fan start to like him only because of his look, he is really cute though.

Custom Title
    It will be a long running battle to come up with enough money to train full-time in the US. They should try to keep his few months training each year for now and spend more money on his new programs. At least in the philippines skaters get the ice time before and after the business hours, more so than some other countries.

I hope he keeps his focus on healing his injuries, since his career has been shadowed from too many injuries for such a young age.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post

As for fan, I'm a bit sad to say that I found many of his fan start to like him only because of his look, he is really cute though.
    really ? so shallow
    well as they say looks are part of success in figure skating

Custom Title
    Get well Michael and I hope you push through with your planned competition in Dubai next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKG_1IO7pzo

with michael's success i hope figure skating will have the coverage here..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    really ? so shallow
    Says the one who goes gaga for Gold's "perfect blonde Hollywood looks".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    Get well Michael and I hope you push through with your planned competition in Dubai next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKG_1IO7pzo
    What competition is this kabayan?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    What competition is this kabayan?
    Michael mentioned it in the video foruiz. Didn't know of it myself until I watched the video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast