Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It can become a trademark for Gracie if she plans to do in competitions not jut in galas

Disney animated movie tracks aren't suitable for competition since Kulik and Malinina did them and even those were kitschy. For an exhibition it's totally fine but Gold would never (and should never) bring something like that to competition. Amodio's Fergalicious ridiculousness was more appropriate even. :laugh:

And please do not compare "Let It Go" from an animated movie to something as iconic and hauntingly timeless as Schindler's List.

Finally, role models don't have to be blonde. You're so obsessed. It's almost like if Gold were a brunette or redhead she'd immediately be worthless to you.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Disney animated movie tracks aren't suitable for competition since Kulik and Malinina did them and even those were kitschy. For an exhibition it's totally fine but Gold would never (and should never) bring something like that to competition. Amodio's Fergalicious ridiculousness was more appropriate even. :laugh:

And please do not compare "Let It Go" from an animated movie to something as iconic and hauntingly timeless as Schindler's List.

Finally, role models don't have to be blonde. You're so obsessed. It's almost like if Gold were a brunette or redhead she'd immediately be worthless to you.

I'm scared of how much I dread seeing Gracie's face now because I associate it with Sky_Fly's Avatar. :unsure:

tulosai

Record Breaker

The best part is Gracie ISN'T really blonde at least not the barbie bleached blonde she is now... to call her real, undyed hair color blonde would be generous, it's at best dirty blonde and her roots look darker now actually, which leads me to think her real hair color has darkened as she aged and at this point without hair dye she's solidly a brunette. So basically, to win skyfly's favor, all major skaters should just take bleach to their hair and GO FOR IT.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The best part is Gracie ISN'T really blonde at least not the barbie bleached blonde she is now... to call her real, undyed hair color blonde would be generous, it's at best dirty blonde and her roots look darker now actually, which leads me to think her real hair color has darkened as she aged and at this point without hair dye she's solidly a brunette. So basically, to win skyfly's favor, all major skaters should just take bleach to their hair and GO FOR IT.

TRUTH. http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/i.../GracieGold_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It is the truth. I've been a bleacher since I was Gracie's age, and you can't deny the roots. The thing that surprises me is that if you know you're about to be heavily photographed, why not get it touched up?
She'd be quite pretty with dark hair, I think.

I think she would be very pretty with dark hair. Her blondeness (fake or real) by no means defines her, so I don't understand why sky_fly constantly mentions it every time she alludes to Gracie.

As for getting it touched up, she's an athlete so I wouldn't expect the state of her hair to be perfect (I recall Gabby Douglass' horde of nasty complaints about her hair), but in terms of dye job... uh yeah... she probably should have got that fixed for the Olympics.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think she would be very pretty with dark hair. Her blondeness (fake or real) by no means defines her, so I don't understand why sky_fly constantly mentions it every time she alludes to Gracie.

because blonde suits Gracie better, its suits her skin tone, she is going for the pale look I think
and blonde suits better with her last name, Gold ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

desertskates

Medalist
Eh, young girls and hair. She's likely to change it a gajillion times over the coming years.
And any nitpicking I may have about her roots not being done is definitely negated by that blue dress :love:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Gracie and Anna are equally beautiful ;)

They're both beautiful. But not equally. But Anna, IMO (and in the opinion of several others here) is gorgeous and modelesque, whereas Gracie is simply pretty.

Anna could be a model with her gorgeous features and long limbs. I don't think I'm the first to say that, and I think most people would agree that Anna is prettier. But the point is, it doesn't really matter in the long run, as they're athletes first and foremost.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Gracie Gold skating to Frozen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKdMG-NiU4

the perfect quintessential blonde Ice Princess

so now anyone skating to Frozen
will now be associated with Gracie ? :)

I doubt it. I liked a few of her movements where she mimicked Elsa's hand motions, but I found that she repeated almost the exact same step/movement sequence two times, in almost the same part of the rink and direction. I was really hoping for more variety. Maybe she is the perfect exterior image for Elsa but the program itself could be better. I think if someone else skates to Frozen in his/her own way, it will not be associated with her.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Something about the way Gracie turns on the ice---its like she's whipping her body around. It looks so labored. I hope she improves her skating skills a bit over the summer. Cute performance though overall. I love how she's lip syncing the song at the end haha.1