Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"? | Golden Skate

Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

Exhibition? Competition? I KNOW I'm not the only one thinking about this. I'm hoping for someone at Stars on Ice to do it but it might be a bit soon.

I know this is a really serious topic.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
BORING. I want to talk about the famous skaters.

How rude. US Junior National Champion is absolutely nothing to sneeze at.

Anyway, she used the rubbish Demi Lovato cover, and I thought her interpretation was a bit skew-iff, but the fact remains she used it.

Perhaps the next question should be, who will be the first to use the totally kickas$ Idina Menzel original?

With the allowance of lyrics, I have a horribly sinking feeling that this is going to be the most overused piece of music in the world this year.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
How rude. US Junior National Champion is absolutely nothing to sneeze at.

Anyway, she used the rubbish Demi Lovato cover, and I thought her interpretation was a bit skew-iff, but the fact remains she used it.

Perhaps the next question should be, who will be the first to use the totally kickas$ Idina Menzel original?

With the allowance of lyrics, I have a horribly sinking feeling that this is going to be the most overused piece of music in the world this year.

Oh come on, I know that, I'm just joking around (note that i said this was a "very serious topic"), figured it would be nice to have some levity after the Olympics--and I am horrified she used the Demi Lovato cover. Idina Menzel is the Queen.

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
The song has been covered in every language, could you imagine an international competition where every skater skates to the version in their language :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The more pressing question is,who will skate to Olaf's In Summer song?

Sudden visions of Plushy trolling everyone in an exhibition to this.

Or Artur. He likes the troll programs.

First Skate

Rinkside
I think we need a pairs/dance version of 'Fixer Upper' as a comedic exhibition. I am now going to spend the rest of the day singing 'Frozen' songs. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think we need a pairs/dance version of 'Fixer Upper' as a comedic exhibition. I am now going to spend the rest of the day singing 'Frozen' songs. :)

Yes! Or "Love is an Open Door" (though actually that was my least favourite song of the movie).

On the extended soundtrack there is an "outtake" song called "More Than Just The Spare" which is freaking brilliant and needs to be done.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
The song has been covered in every language, could you imagine an international competition where every skater skates to the version in their language :laugh:

I think this would be amazing. We wouldn't have to worry about comparing different types of music!

(I do not actually think this would be amazing. But hilarious. It would be hilarious.)

jkun

Final Flight
I hope Yuna can skate to it at one of her shows! She could make a mighty fierce ice queen. :love:

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
People have already put her other programs to the music. She'd be great, of course. But it's definitely "louder" than her usual exhibition programs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What I would like to see is some inventive Frozen programs. Everyone will make a beeline for Let It Go, there's a chance a pair could do In Summer or Love Is An Open Door, but the actual score itself is beautiful, and I love it. I wonder if anyone will dare - or if everyone will play it safe.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
What I would like to see is some inventive Frozen programs. Everyone will make a beeline for Let It Go, there's a chance a pair could do In Summer or Love Is An Open Door, but the actual score itself is beautiful, and I love it. I wonder if anyone will dare - or if everyone will play it safe.

I mean, the score was written for the ice. My boyfriend and I were joking about "Frozen on Ice" while the credits rolled. I'm sure we will be seeing lots of it, in different permutations, for years to come.

It's just...who's going to be first!? And now that lyrics are allowed, will someone dare sneak it into competition?

anyanka

Record Breaker
Considering it just won the Oscar and John Travolta bungled up the performer's name completely and it's now trending on Twitter, expect the skaters to fight over who does it next year.

BTW, I'm imagining how much fun it would be to get all the skaters together and watch the Oscars the weekend after the Olympics. In pajamas, eating anything and everything they weren't allowed to have during training. I imagine copious amounts of champagne and cake. Wouldn't you want to attend THAT party???