Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Considering it just won the Oscar and John Travolta bungled up the performer's name completely and it's now trending on Twitter, expect the skaters to fight over who does it next year.

BTW, I'm imagining how much fun it would be to get all the skaters together and watch the Oscars the weekend after the Olympics. In pajamas, eating anything and everything they weren't allowed to have during training. I imagine copious amounts of champagne and cake. Wouldn't you want to attend THAT party???

Haha, unless you're going to Worlds!

Both Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani cut the party short:

Maia Shibutani
‏@MaiaShibutani
Enjoy the rest of the show everyone! It's been fun, but I'm off to bed. Training in the morning! #Oscars2014
6:44 PM - 2 Mar 2014

Alex Shibutani
‏@AlexShibutani
And on that note, I'm off to bed so I can wake up tomorrow in pursuit of my own dreams. Enjoy the rest of the show! #Oscars
7:24 PM - 2 Mar 2014

The times are PST, so they signed off at 9:44 and 10:24 respectively. :)

Also, I hope who ever skates to it does not experience the name butchering that Idina Menzel experienced last night. ;)

BounceAround

On the Ice
If Mao continues, Lori should make her skate to this for her exhibition. It'll be a subliminal message regarding her triple axel :cool:.

robinhood

Rinkside
I find the song nothing special. there have been more Disney songs infinately better and I seriously doubt that was the best song this year
Idina's voice and tone are really bad too...nasal and shouty! hehe, sorry for all the trashing!

jcsamex

Rinkside
I totally see Sotnikova waving good-bye to the judges while mouthing the words 'let it go' and getting high 9's in PCS for skating with fire and heart a la Lipinski, lol.

Nah but I think it'll be Gracie. She's been packed all princessy so it'd make sense (although her evil glare reminds me much more of Maleficent, rofl!)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie. She already has the dress.

Looks like we got a winner! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/04/03/70805404

ICE CHIPS - U.S. champion Gracie Gold went from the world championships in Japan to Florida to prepare for SOI. Shortly before she went to worlds, Scott Brown spent a week with her in Los Angeles to get her exhibition program ready. She will be skating to the tremendously popular theme song from the Disney movie Frozen, "Let It Go." "I think it will be wonderful for the tour," Brown said. "It's fun for her and for the audience." Brown, who has worked with Gold for four years and persuaded Frank Carroll to be the skater's primary coach, believes the tour will provide a "great opportunity" for Gold to improve on her performance skills and ability to relate to audiences. "She's always been a good jumper, but there's always a balance when you're developing the technical and the artistry," Brown said. "She needs this experience."

desertskates

Medalist
This is slightly off topic, but the reason this song makes me want to smack my head into a wall is that all the little girls on my block like to congregate behind my patio and howl this tune at the tops of their lungs.
I knew it was bound to be overused in skating, but this compounds my disdain for the song.
:bang:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The only time I want to hear that song is when Adele Dazeem sings it live. :slink: