Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

Custom Title
    I hope Yuna can skate to it at one of her shows! She could make a mighty fierce ice queen.

Custom Title
    People have already put her other programs to the music. She'd be great, of course. But it's definitely "louder" than her usual exhibition programs.

Custom Title
    What I would like to see is some inventive Frozen programs. Everyone will make a beeline for Let It Go, there's a chance a pair could do In Summer or Love Is An Open Door, but the actual score itself is beautiful, and I love it. I wonder if anyone will dare - or if everyone will play it safe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    What I would like to see is some inventive Frozen programs. Everyone will make a beeline for Let It Go, there's a chance a pair could do In Summer or Love Is An Open Door, but the actual score itself is beautiful, and I love it. I wonder if anyone will dare - or if everyone will play it safe.
    I mean, the score was written for the ice. My boyfriend and I were joking about "Frozen on Ice" while the credits rolled. I'm sure we will be seeing lots of it, in different permutations, for years to come.

It's just...who's going to be first!? And now that lyrics are allowed, will someone dare sneak it into competition?

Custom Title
    Considering it just won the Oscar and John Travolta bungled up the performer's name completely and it's now trending on Twitter, expect the skaters to fight over who does it next year.

BTW, I'm imagining how much fun it would be to get all the skaters together and watch the Oscars the weekend after the Olympics. In pajamas, eating anything and everything they weren't allowed to have during training. I imagine copious amounts of champagne and cake. Wouldn't you want to attend THAT party???

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Considering it just won the Oscar and John Travolta bungled up the performer's name completely and it's now trending on Twitter, expect the skaters to fight over who does it next year.

BTW, I'm imagining how much fun it would be to get all the skaters together and watch the Oscars the weekend after the Olympics. In pajamas, eating anything and everything they weren't allowed to have during training. I imagine copious amounts of champagne and cake. Wouldn't you want to attend THAT party???
    Haha, unless you're going to Worlds!

Both Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani cut the party short:

Maia Shibutani
    ‏@MaiaShibutani
    Enjoy the rest of the show everyone! It's been fun, but I'm off to bed. Training in the morning! #Oscars2014
    6:44 PM - 2 Mar 2014

Alex Shibutani
    ‏@AlexShibutani
    And on that note, I'm off to bed so I can wake up tomorrow in pursuit of my own dreams. Enjoy the rest of the show! #Oscars
    7:24 PM - 2 Mar 2014

The times are PST, so they signed off at 9:44 and 10:24 respectively.

Also, I hope who ever skates to it does not experience the name butchering that Idina Menzel experienced last night.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    How rude. US Junior National Champion is absolutely nothing to sneeze at.
    Amber Glenn was on fire @ US Nationals!

Custom Title
    If Mao continues, Lori should make her skate to this for her exhibition. It'll be a subliminal message regarding her triple axel .

Custom Title
    Obviously Adele Dazeem.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    Obviously Adele Dazeem.
    You beat me to this. :P

am i the only one who doesn't like the song??

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    am i the only one who doesn't like the song??
    I didn't care about it AT ALL at first, but it has grown on me.

Custom Title
    I start hating this song since I saw the Academy Awards last night.

Idina Menzel!!

Rinkside
    I find the song nothing special. there have been more Disney songs infinately better and I seriously doubt that was the best song this year
    Idina's voice and tone are really bad too...nasal and shouty! hehe, sorry for all the trashing!

I totally see Sotnikova waving good-bye to the judges while mouthing the words 'let it go' and getting high 9's in PCS for skating with fire and heart a la Lipinski, lol.

Nah but I think it'll be Gracie. She's been packed all princessy so it'd make sense (although her evil glare reminds me much more of Maleficent, rofl!)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast