Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

Banned
    Gracie Gold skating to Frozen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKdMG-NiU4

the perfect quintessential blonde Ice Princess

so now anyone skating to Frozen
    will now be associated with Gracie ?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie Gold skating to Frozen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKdMG-NiU4

the perfect quintessential blonde Ice Princess

so now anyone skating to Frozen
    will now be associated with Gracie ?
    I doubt it. I liked a few of her movements where she mimicked Elsa's hand motions, but I found that she repeated almost the exact same step/movement sequence two times, in almost the same part of the rink and direction. I was really hoping for more variety. Maybe she is the perfect exterior image for Elsa but the program itself could be better. I think if someone else skates to Frozen in his/her own way, it will not be associated with her.

Custom Title
    What's up with those double axels?

Banned
    Something about the way Gracie turns on the ice---its like she's whipping her body around. It looks so labored. I hope she improves her skating skills a bit over the summer. Cute performance though overall. I love how she's lip syncing the song at the end haha.1

Tripping on the Podium
    Actually you all are wrong... It wasn't Gracie. Yuna Kim was the first to skate to Let It Go AND not only she skate the song but she SINGS it http://youtu.be/6tZaMLObLCI

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleToe View Post
    Actually you all are wrong... It wasn't Gracie. Yuna Kim was the first to skate to Let It Go AND not only she skate the song but she SINGS it http://youtu.be/6tZaMLObLCI
    Her voice is cute, too. And her skating is syncing with the music.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleToe View Post
    She does sing it, but they are using clips from her "Imagine" exhibition, which is beautiful. She would make a great Elsa even though she isn't blonde. *restraints herself from gushing about the sheer angelic quality of skating in that video*

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    I doubt it. I liked a few of her movements where she mimicked Elsa's hand motions, but I found that she repeated almost the exact same step/movement sequence two times, in almost the same part of the rink and direction. I was really hoping for more variety. Maybe she is the perfect exterior image for Elsa but the program itself could be better. I think if someone else skates to Frozen in his/her own way, it will not be associated with her.
    I have a feeling that this program was thrown together very hastily between Worlds and the start of the tour. It sure looks that way to me.

I'm not at all worried about the quality of jumps at this point. It's been a long hard season and she hasn't stopped or rested yet. Yeesh.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    She does sing it, but they are using clips from her "Imagine" exhibition, which is beautiful. She would make a great Elsa even though she isn't blonde. *restraints herself from gushing about the sheer angelic quality of skating in that video*
    Oh gush away! That video makes me want to see Kim to a rendition of it. Although, Kim can turn most types of music into something special.

The only problem I have with his song is I dislike it. Don't really get the hype over Frozen. maybe it's just my taste but I prefer Tangled. If there is anyone who would skate to Tangled's "I see the light"...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The only problem I have with his song is I dislike it. Don't really get the hype over Frozen. maybe it's just my taste but I prefer Tangled. If there is anyone who would skate to Tangled's "I see the light"...
    A lot of kids like it and it won the Oscar for best animated movie and best song. And a lot of people are doing covers and the like. So it'll be popular for the next few months.

why so many people obsessed w/ frozen's let it go?? in korea the song and the movie is very popular.. i just don't get it..

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    A lot of kids like it and it won the Oscar for best animated movie and best song. And a lot of people are doing covers and the like. So it'll be popular for the next few months.
    I mean, I don't even think it's a good song. I think it's cliche' and kind of melodrama which is not my taste. I like Tangled, though. I would love to see people skate to "I see the light".

Banned
    I think its popular because its a 'girl power' anthem, which is a first in a Disney movie kind of. Its basically a rewrite of the song the same singer (Idina Menzel) performed in Wicked, Defying Gravity. Like it is literally the same arc of, 'Oh I am a witch who has just discovered her power! Now I am going to go realize my true potential and be an outcast! And PS: I don't care watchu thaink!! *snap snap* People just eat that crap up. With regards to figure skating OBVIOUSLY it is perfect---because it is an ice princess song. Plus, everyone says Gracie Gold is icey and has no connection with the audience haha. So it works in this ironic kind of way.

On the Ice
    I can't see Gracie's costume because the video is blocked in my country, but I saw Yuna's and it's boring, she has a cute voice tho n.n

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast