Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question: Who will be the first to skate to "Let it Go"?

Quote Originally Posted by pamela View Post
    I can't see Gracie's costume because the video is blocked in my country, but I saw Yuna's and it's boring, she has a cute voice tho n.n
    First of all, Yuna was skating to the song "Imagine" by John Lennon - about world peace. I thought the dress was perfect for that, and far from boring. Meanwhile Gracie has a very fitting sparkly dress very much similar to the movie itself.

Banned
    Gracie's Sleeping Beauty costume was already pretty on point for a Let It Go exhibition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I mean, I don't even think it's a good song. I think it's cliche' and kind of melodrama which is not my taste. I like Tangled, though. I would love to see people skate to "I see the light".
    I'm not a fan of the song either. It sounds screechy, and personally I think Idina Menzel's voice doesn't "fit" Elsa's character. I've seen a lot more pleasant covers/renditions on Youtube.

I mean, it's not like it really matters that it won best song, seeing as how Three Six Mafia won for "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" a few years earlier, so you can't exactly take the category very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    Gracie's Sleeping Beauty costume was already pretty on point for a Let It Go exhibition.
    It was more on point for a Sleeping Beauty musical soundtrack, tbh.

This post seems pretty on-point for Disney comparisons:
    ...post/82144351768/theyoungprinceandprincess-disney-characters

Gracie as Aurora and Charlotte, and three other skaters you might recognize as Elsa? Sure why not?

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I'm not a fan of the song either. It sounds screechy, and personally I think Idina Menzel's voice doesn't "fit" Elsa's character. I've seen a lot more pleasant covers/renditions on Youtube.

I mean, it's not like it really matters that it won best song, seeing as how Three Six Mafia won for "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" a few years earlier, so you can't exactly take the category very seriously.
    I agree, but some winners were truly deserving. I love Ghibli's animation such as Spirited Away. Come to think of it, if only some skaters choose Joe Hishashi's music as background. It would bring something fresh.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I agree, but some winners were truly deserving. I love Ghibli's animation such as Spirited Away. Come to think of it, if only some skaters choose Joe Hishashi's music as background. It would bring something fresh.
    Actually, Kozuka used Fantasia for Nausicaa from Ghibli's Valley of the Wind as his Free Skate music for the 2011-12 season.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dasani View Post
    Actually, Kozuka used Fantasia for Nausicaa from Ghibli's Valley of the Wind as his Free Skate music for the 2011-12 season.
    link please...

Custom Title

Yuna's ice show will be presenting

Yuna will be presenting Frozen medley as her ice show opening including 'let it go'

They also said the closing ceremony would be "Time to Say Goodbye" - by Lucio Quarantotto & Francesco Sartori. The music will be played by the orchestra. So excited to see the grandeur of the ice show.

I think I will be crying during the closing ceremony.

Just in case if anyone is curious of Yuna's gala program, It's "Nessum Dorma" a song from musical Turandot. of course with the orchestra too.

I wish I could be there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dasani View Post
    Yeah, I remember that.

However, my inner anime otaku urges me to point out that - while we all consider Nausicaa to be a Ghibli movie... technically it is not, because it was produced before Studio Ghibli was officially formed :-D

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    ...It's not a very good song to skate to. Besides the theme, of course, but the music itself is kinda, not bad, not terribly good, just okay.
    And it's not that I don't like Disney songs, I love the sound track to Tarzan, Brave, Lion King etc, but 'Let it Go' doesn't seem to have much going for it in terms of crescendo or beats that would be good for a skater.

I loved Gracie's performance of it @ SOI last night! Her costume was gorgeous, too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cuon_alpinus View Post
    They also said the closing ceremony would be "Time to Say Goodbye" - by Lucio Quarantotto & Francesco Sartori. The music will be played by the orchestra.
    It looks like Yuna made her mind firmly to leave the competitive skating. I hope KSU won't press her in 2018, she's already done plenty for her country.

I already start to miss Yuna.

Custom Title
    I think Yuna's voice suit with Elza more than Adele Dazeem.

Banned
    Hi Guys.

Looks like Yuna Kim will be performing Let it Go in her ice show.
    http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/...40410160914058

Google Translate

'Figure Queen' Kim (24, All That Sports) Hot bye stage of active retirement and decorate a beautiful time of blessing 'Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart Air All That Skate 2014 "program was unveiled in the opening and finale.

Organizers of the ice shows All That Sports (CEO Park Mi Hee) is 4 to 6 May in Seoul Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium three days held in special ice rink 'Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart Air All That Skate 2014' program, the opening animation 'Winter Kingdom' the OST of 'let-Piece (Let it go)' medley, including the winter kingdom, Francesco Sartori finale of the program 'Time to Say Goodbye' to showcase said.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chalk5 View Post
    Hi Guys.

Looks like Yuna Kim will be performing Let it Go in her ice show.
    http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/...40410160914058
    she saw Gracie's SOI skate ?
    glad Yuna saw how amazing Gracie skated to it and following the trend !

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast