Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Worlds on TV?

  1. #1
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35

    Question Worlds on TV?

    Hi all. Since it seems next to impossible (at least for me!) to find tv coverage info, I'm hoping someone here has an inside line on what US channel(s) will be covering Worlds! Currently I'm paying an extra fee monthly to Direct TV to get Universal Sports. I was finally able to get them (Univ. Sp) to give me the schedule for Europeans about a day before it began, and did very much enjoy their coverage. So I'm hoping they will carry full coverage of Worlds. But, if they aren't going to, I'd very much like to quit paying for the channel, sooner rather than later, lol!
    So, anybody here have the skinny?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Missing D&G GF2445's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,705
    After all the greaat success of skating in Sochi, NBC are only give a couple of hours of coverage two weeks after the event! Saitama Super Cemtre can sit 30,000 spectators and more and the crowd and the stmosphere is gong to be so much better than Sochi! I heard that CBC is out so really there is not much left- hopefully eurosport is going to dish out something great! Or Russian TV

  3. #3
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,812
    I do know that Icenetwork will have Worlds coverage, but it will be long after the event, after NBC has broadcast whatever it is going to broadcast.

  4. #4
    Tripping on the Podium slutskayafann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    71
    I always watch Eurosport Russian coverage from the internet. Copy right police don't close it.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    344
    People....we'll be watching random Latvian feeds again. Let's just get ready for it

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    After all the greaat success of skating in Sochi, NBC are only give a couple of hours of coverage two weeks after the event! Saitama Super Cemtre can sit 30,000 spectators and more and the crowd and the stmosphere is gong to be so much better than Sochi! I heard that CBC is out so really there is not much left- hopefully eurosport is going to dish out something great! Or Russian TV
    In what way is CBC out? Do you mean it isn't available to watch from where you are in Australia? I'm assuming there will be Worlds coverage here on Canadian t.v., as there always has been before. And if CBC gave a couple hours coverage to a lesser event like 4 Continents, I would assume they would do some for a bigger event like Worlds.

    I notice they have a couple dates listed for Junior Worlds, so hopefully that means they will put something up for Senior Worlds soon:

    http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/fig...ing/broadcast/

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Metro DC
    Posts
    203
    Latvian feed? If anyone finds it please post the link. Thanks to Latvian TV last year I was able to catch quite a bit of Worlds (but thank goodness Eurosport?? picked up Ice Dance since all I could understand from the Latvian commentators was: "oy yoi yoi" & "oops" :>)

  8. #8
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35
    GOOD NEWS, BOYS AND GIRLS!!

    After 3 requests, I've finally heard back from Universal Sports. They say that they will indeed be broadcasting Worlds, 3/26-3/29!!! YAY! They didn't give me the schedule beyond saying that, but said it will be up on their web site by tomorrow. If they actually get their act together to do that, I'll come back and share here.

  9. #9
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,806
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/fig...ing/broadcast/

    Schedule for Junior Worlds and Worlds. Pairs SP for the Worlds seems to be missing, but I think that's the unidentified March 25 broadcast, since isn't the Pairs SP always before the opening ceremony? Unless the March 25 slot is some sort of pre-show.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/fig...ing/broadcast/

    Schedule for Junior Worlds and Worlds. Pairs SP for the Worlds seems to be missing, but I think that's the unidentified March 25 broadcast, since isn't the Pairs SP always before the opening ceremony? Unless the March 25 slot is some sort of pre-show.
    Thanks for the update.

    As I responded to someone above, I would have been surprised if CBC didn't do any Worlds coverage. We've always gotten Worlds coverage in Canada before. And if CBC decided to stop doing it, I'd say it would be time to give the t.v. rights back to CTV!

    Btw, the Pairs Short seems to be listed at the link for Wed. March 26.

  11. #11
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Thanks for the update.

    As I responded to someone above, I would have been surprised if CBC didn't do any Worlds coverage. We've always gotten Worlds coverage in Canada before. And if CBC decided to stop doing it, I'd say it would be time to give the t.v. rights back to CTV!

    Btw, the Pairs Short seems to be listed at the link for Wed. March 26.
    Oh yeah, I see Pairs Short on the tv listings, but not online. Hmm.

  12. #12
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Thanks for the update.

    As I responded to someone above, I would have been surprised if CBC didn't do any Worlds coverage. We've always gotten Worlds coverage in Canada before. And if CBC decided to stop doing it, I'd say it would be time to give the t.v. rights back to CTV!

    Btw, the Pairs Short seems to be listed at the link for Wed. March 26.
    Please don't wish the figure skating rights on CTV. I don't get CTV, but I do get CBC in my cable package. As long as NBC continues to put worlds on Universal Sports (which you have to buy a separate sports package in order to get the channel right now. or rather that's how it works for Time Warner *sigh*), I need CBC.

    Yes, I realize how incredibly whiny this whole post sounds.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by ramurphy2005 View Post
    Please don't wish the figure skating rights on CTV. I don't get CTV, but I do get CBC in my cable package. As long as NBC continues to put worlds on Universal Sports (which you have to buy a separate sports package in order to get the channel right now. or rather that's how it works for Time Warner *sigh*), I need CBC.

    Yes, I realize how incredibly whiny this whole post sounds.
    As a Canadian, I am pleased that CBC is available to people living in the states that border Canada.

    I was just saying that IF the day came where CBC stopped giving us good coverage of Worlds, it might be time for those of us up here to get CTV to take the broadcast rights back. CTV was the main figure skating network for about 40 years, but now it just does Skate Canada & Canadian Nationals. CBC does the rest of the Grand Prix, the 4 Continents and the Worlds.

  14. #14
    Kisdom Title TMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by meem View Post
    Latvian feed? If anyone finds it please post the link. Thanks to Latvian TV last year I was able to catch quite a bit of Worlds (but thank goodness Eurosport?? picked up Ice Dance since all I could understand from the Latvian commentators was: "oy yoi yoi" & "oops" :>)
    I'd also be very interested in the links & very very grateful

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    815
    CBC Broadcast Schedule: 2014 ISU World Figure Skating Championships

    http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •