Worlds on TV? | Golden Skate

Worlds on TV?

YagsFan

On the Ice
Hi all. Since it seems next to impossible (at least for me!) to find tv coverage info, I'm hoping someone here has an inside line on what US channel(s) will be covering Worlds! Currently I'm paying an extra fee monthly to Direct TV to get Universal Sports. I was finally able to get them (Univ. Sp) to give me the schedule for Europeans about a day before it began, and did very much enjoy their coverage. So I'm hoping they will carry full coverage of Worlds. But, if they aren't going to, I'd very much like to quit paying for the channel, sooner rather than later, lol!
So, anybody here have the skinny?
Thanks!

GF2445

Record Breaker
After all the greaat success of skating in Sochi, NBC are only give a couple of hours of coverage two weeks after the event! Saitama Super Cemtre can sit 30,000 spectators and more and the crowd and the stmosphere is gong to be so much better than Sochi! I heard that CBC is out so really there is not much left- hopefully eurosport is going to dish out something great! Or Russian TV

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do know that Icenetwork will have Worlds coverage, but it will be long after the event, after NBC has broadcast whatever it is going to broadcast.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
After all the greaat success of skating in Sochi, NBC are only give a couple of hours of coverage two weeks after the event! Saitama Super Cemtre can sit 30,000 spectators and more and the crowd and the stmosphere is gong to be so much better than Sochi! I heard that CBC is out so really there is not much left- hopefully eurosport is going to dish out something great! Or Russian TV

In what way is CBC out? Do you mean it isn't available to watch from where you are in Australia? I'm assuming there will be Worlds coverage here on Canadian t.v., as there always has been before. And if CBC gave a couple hours coverage to a lesser event like 4 Continents, I would assume they would do some for a bigger event like Worlds.

I notice they have a couple dates listed for Junior Worlds, so hopefully that means they will put something up for Senior Worlds soon:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/figureskating/broadcast/

meem

On the Ice
Latvian feed? If anyone finds it please post the link. Thanks to Latvian TV last year I was able to catch quite a bit of Worlds (but thank goodness Eurosport?? picked up Ice Dance since all I could understand from the Latvian commentators was: "oy yoi yoi" & "oops" :>)

YagsFan

On the Ice
GOOD NEWS, BOYS AND GIRLS!!

After 3 requests, I've finally heard back from Universal Sports. They say that they will indeed be broadcasting Worlds, 3/26-3/29!!! YAY! They didn't give me the schedule beyond saying that, but said it will be up on their web site by tomorrow. If they actually get their act together to do that, I'll come back and share here.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/figureskating/broadcast/

Schedule for Junior Worlds and Worlds. Pairs SP for the Worlds seems to be missing, but I think that's the unidentified March 25 broadcast, since isn't the Pairs SP always before the opening ceremony? Unless the March 25 slot is some sort of pre-show.

Thanks for the update. :)

As I responded to someone above, I would have been surprised if CBC didn't do any Worlds coverage. We've always gotten Worlds coverage in Canada before. And if CBC decided to stop doing it, I'd say it would be time to give the t.v. rights back to CTV!

Btw, the Pairs Short seems to be listed at the link for Wed. March 26.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

As I responded to someone above, I would have been surprised if CBC didn't do any Worlds coverage. We've always gotten Worlds coverage in Canada before. And if CBC decided to stop doing it, I'd say it would be time to give the t.v. rights back to CTV!

Oh yeah, I see Pairs Short on the tv listings, but not online. Hmm.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States

Please don't wish the figure skating rights on CTV. I don't get CTV, but I do get CBC in my cable package. As long as NBC continues to put worlds on Universal Sports (which you have to buy a separate sports package in order to get the channel right now. or rather that's how it works for Time Warner *sigh*), I need CBC.

Yes, I realize how incredibly whiny this whole post sounds. :)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Please don't wish the figure skating rights on CTV. I don't get CTV, but I do get CBC in my cable package. As long as NBC continues to put worlds on Universal Sports (which you have to buy a separate sports package in order to get the channel right now. or rather that's how it works for Time Warner *sigh*), I need CBC.

Yes, I realize how incredibly whiny this whole post sounds. :)

As a Canadian, I am pleased that CBC is available to people living in the states that border Canada. :)

I was just saying that IF the day came where CBC stopped giving us good coverage of Worlds, it might be time for those of us up here to get CTV to take the broadcast rights back. ;) CTV was the main figure skating network for about 40 years, but now it just does Skate Canada & Canadian Nationals. CBC does the rest of the Grand Prix, the 4 Continents and the Worlds.

TMC

Record Breaker
Latvian feed? If anyone finds it please post the link. Thanks to Latvian TV last year I was able to catch quite a bit of Worlds (but thank goodness Eurosport?? picked up Ice Dance since all I could understand from the Latvian commentators was: "oy yoi yoi" & "oops" :>)

I'd also be very interested in the links & very very grateful :)