Critiques from Peizerat about French federation after Sochi (in French) | Golden Skate

Critiques from Peizerat about French federation after Sochi (in French)

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
So, Peizerat wants to become the head of the French federation and Didier Gailhaguet wants to become the head of ISU? Great plans... :eek:
But what did Candeloro say?

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Candeloro often makes sexist remarks during his commentary, and he and his colleagues are usually very chatty.
In this interview, Peizerat states that Candeloro follows his channel's policy, that aims to entertain the audience. He (Peizerat) thinks that an educational approach would benefit figure skating more, and being silent during athletes' performances would be the right way of enhancing them.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Candeloro often makes sexist remarks during his commentary, and he and his colleagues are usually very chatty.
In this interview, Peizerat states that Candeloro follows his channel's policy, that aims to entertain the audience. He (Peizerat) thinks that an educational approach would benefit figure skating more, and being silent during athletes' performances would be the right way of enhancing them.

The best of luck for Peizerat. For many of us, this would mean the coveted programs without commentary :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm all for any or all of the three Ps (Peizerat, Preaubert and Pechalat) taking over the FFSG. They're smart, well-educated (I believe all three went to graduate school to study management), have relatively recent experience in the sport and could do good things for French skating.

Matt K

On the Ice
Education does not really matter in that kind of a position. They all have the soft skills, but I wonder if any of them have any real experience in managing such an organization like the FFSG. Regardless, I hope the person who gets the job have a lot of connections.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Education does not really matter in that kind of a position. I am not saying they do not have the soft skills which they most likely do, but I wonder if any of them have any real experience in such an organization like the FFSG. Regardless, I hope the person who gets the job have a lot of connections.
Pechalat is an athlete representative and I think interned with the French Olympic committee. I believe Peizerat has experience in politics and sports management. Preaubert works in asset management and does some broadcasting.

It's not like Gailhaguet would be a tough act to follow. Though I have no idea who might be interested.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I'm all for any or all of the three Ps (Peizerat, Preaubert and Pechalat) taking over the FFSG. They're smart, well-educated (I believe all three went to graduate school to study management), have relatively recent experience in the sport and could do good things for French skating.

:agree: :clap:

I agree wholeheartedly