Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Lol yea. Do they have a 2nd rate Canadian version they can get on?

lol why do you sound so salty for no reason damn... pretty sure v/m aren't burning up with jealousy over this one

i'd rather d/w went to worlds but dwts is fun too. i wonder what evan's schedule was like when he was juggling dwts and soi all at once?

justathoughtabl

Spectator
Even if you believe D&W are lacking in the "dance" part of ice dancing, they have a lot of advantages-- they're in great shape, they're used to performing, they're used to very hard work and discipline. And I bet if they plan to continue ice dancing in some capacity, they're viewing this as a learning experience.
I've never watched DWTS regularly, but this should be fun. I'm going to tune in.

dcnative

On the Ice
I don't watch the show because it's really a popularity contest. However, it will be interesting to see how ice dancing translates to regular dancing. Meryl and Charlie are used to being expressive with their upper bodies but their foot placement is very different on ice skating. I hope they do well and get a lot of $$$.

Matt K

On the Ice
DWTS is for beginners, those with no dance training. Aside from the cheesetastic production and vibe (which I don't really mind), it's quite mockish and not about showcasing exceptional dance talent. It's a popularity contest, which is okay too, those are always fun. The best dancers don't necessarily win. Weaker dance teams are more likely to win, but I guess D/W know all about that in their competitive careers as ice dancers :laugh:.

Now that D/W are going to be dancing on the floor, I'm glad we won't be seeing their shallow edges and toe picking steps running on the ice. That said, Charlie is by far the weakest ice dancer out of the team (and among the top 3 men in ice dance) so it will be interesting how he fares with his partner. I want to see some passion and commitment, and better leg lines and unison, which is probably easier on the floor than on the ice when they actually have to be on edges.

Whatever they do, I hope D/W start actually enjoying their performance. Over these last seasons, especially this current one they don't look like they enjoy ice dancing together. True, they don't have that IT factor nor charisma, so hopefully their superior partners bring something sparkly out of them. Both D/W have very limited range of movement as shown in their ice dancing careers, maybe the professionals on the show will help improve these things.

KJGL

Rinkside
After 17 years, I bet it will feel weird for Meryl and Charlie to be in hold with different partners.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Whoa, Meryl is partnered with Maks! Maks must be over the moon--supposedly he's always been miffed that Derek gets the best partners (which isn't really true, it's just reportedly how Maks has always felt about it).

Charlie is partnered with Sharna Burgess, a relatively new pro (3rd season) who made a hit with viewers with her partnering of Andy Dick. She did a really great job with him.

Yeah, but just when Maks finally gets a good partner they're going to have to switch partners mid-season, which figures.

caitie

Medalist
Both teams were fabulous and are most likely done competing, can't we all just get along~~~.

Anyway, I'm so excited! I enjoyed Evan on DWTS four years ago. I had heard Meryl wouldn't be with Derek, but I gasped when I realized she was with Maks. I didn't even consider him because I figured he would be too tall, but they looked fine on GMA so I guess not? I'm interested to see how ther personalities work together! I hope the partner switch thing is just for an episode...

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
When Dorothy Hamill competed, Tristan went to the Stars on Ice shows with her. It was so fun to see him in the audience......so therefore I hope we will see Maks !! He finally gets a good partner. And his fan base will surely propel him to the top this time.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Yeah, but just when Maks finally gets a good partner they're going to have to switch partners mid-season, which figures.

maks is kind of a tool, i would've liked to see her with mark or derek

or what?

I'm askin' nice, but to make that accusation is not cool.

lol i'm kidding

(but no seriously, you often say very similar things in very similar ways often right after each other)

Matt K

On the Ice
If Virtue and Moir were on DWTS and did what they did on their reality show--throw shadow on their competitors--DWTS fans would eliminate them the first week.

I think this is exactly what DWTS's aim is. It is not a show about talent, or dancing pedigree, it's a popularity contest. Yes, popularity contest. Which says to me that D/W won't last long :slink: I wonder if Nene Leakes will make it to the finals :laugh:.

You don't need to be good dancers, heck you don't even need to have any natural ability at all. It does take stamina every week though. All these things mirrors D/W's own ice dancing career.

tulosai

Record Breaker
maks is kind of a tool, i would've liked to see her with mark or derek

He can be obnoxious but I think USUALLY his frustration is that his partners seem to be 'just trying to have fun' and he actually wants them to excel and be competitive. The one exception was Hope Solo, but she was so over the top competitive and crazy on the show that they just ended up bringing out the worst in each other to an extreme and borderline psychopathic level. I actually wonder if, given a partner with some real talent who also works hard, he might come across differently.

caitie

Medalist
He can be obnoxious but I think USUALLY his frustration is that his partners seem to be 'just trying to have fun' and he actually wants them to excel and be competitive. The one exception was Hope Solo, but she was so over the top competitive and crazy on the show that they just ended up bringing out the worst in each other to an extreme and borderline psychopathic level. I actually wonder if, given a partner with some real talent who also works hard, he might come across differently.

Oh man, I forgot about how he manhandled her in that practice when he got mad she wasn't doing something right...

Hikaru

Final Flight
DWTS is for beginners, those with no dance training. Aside from the cheesetastic production and vibe (which I don't really mind), it's quite mockish and not about showcasing exceptional dance talent. It's a popularity contest, which is okay too, those are always fun. The best dancers don't necessarily win. Weaker dance teams are more likely to win, but I guess D/W know all about that in their competitive careers as ice dancers :laugh:.

Now that D/W are going to be dancing on the floor, I'm glad we won't be seeing their shallow edges and toe picking steps running on the ice. That said, Charlie is by far the weakest ice dancer out of the team (and among the top 3 men in ice dance) so it will be interesting how he fares with his partner. I want to see some passion and commitment, and better leg lines and unison, which is probably easier on the floor than on the ice when they actually have to be on edges.

Whatever they do, I hope D/W start actually enjoying their performance. Over these last seasons, especially this current one they don't look like they enjoy ice dancing together. True, they don't have that IT factor nor charisma, so hopefully their superior partners bring something sparkly out of them. Both D/W have very limited range of movement as shown in their ice dancing careers, maybe the professionals on the show will help improve these things.

what did D/W do to you? killed your puppy or something?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
calling it now, the snowboarder with no legs is gonna take it out. that plus being paired with derek is a ride to the trophy

RiceSkate

Rinkside
Dancing with the Stars is only on one day a week now so I don't think this will interfere with Stars on Ice. It will just be the rehearsal time they have to work around. I expect alot of fluff pieces about them being on tour which will create more buzz about SOI.