Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh my!!! Danicia's not my favorite but I certainly don't wish her any ill and hope she will be able to continue :( Broken ribs are INCREDIBLY painful and can interfere with breathing (not in a life threatening way but in a now wanting to breathe deeply way because of the pain)...I sure hope she will be okay!!!

KKonas

Medalist
www.puredwts.com has a new interesting interview with Sharna Burgess, who discusses working with Charlie, and hints that for the paso this Monday, he will have his hair slicked back but not to "hate her for making this decision."

I enjoyed seeing him with his hair slicked back because it showed that he can express a different personality than he usually does. Meryl is obviously a good actress, but Charlie doesn't normally seem to enter different characters as completely. This kind of visual transformation shows that he has it in him, so it adds to his possibilities.

Aww, I feel sorry for Danica! :( To work so hard and then get injured....Plus, I hear broken ribs are really really painful...

On a lighter note! An interview with Meryl and Charlie while on ice that includes DWTS info (apparently - I can't turn on the volume at the moment...)
http://video-embed.mlive.com/servic...AAAAQBxUr7k~,PsMaWpexSO0gBGbwp0HC65I60alsnUQ1

And! A team "Loca" video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152344456656740&saved&linkId=8073747

And! Team "Vida" https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152344467736740&set=vb.8214706739&type=3&theater

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Oh for serious? Why is Amy so doom and gloom? I'm in love it's so hard!

I had the same thought. I like Amy but... Her packages seem to be nothing but her complaining about one thing or another. I liked the dance though and her dress was really pretty too.

Oh for serious? Why is Amy so doom and gloom? I'm in love it's so hard!

Agreed, but wow, her rumba seems to defy gravity. And did you notice how seriously Carrie Anne takes Amy's chances? She pointed out that Derek had to be careful in his choreography not to give Amy moves that might make it impossible for her to keep her feet on the floor. Clearly she respects Amy's potential, and she respects Derek's choreographic ingenuity for this most challenging (and challenged) of contestants.

Edit: And now, watching Peta dancing in a costume that is basically underwear, it makes me kind of happy that Candace is out there insisting on things like turtlenecks and sleeves. Vive la difference!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Agreed, but wow, her rumba seems to defy gravity. And did you notice how seriously Carrie Anne takes Amy's chances? She pointed out that Derek had to be careful in his choreography not to give Amy moves that might make it impossible for her to keep her feet on the floor. Clearly she respects Amy's potential, and she respects Derek's choreographic ingenuity for this most challenging (and challenged) of contestants.

Yeah I agree with all of that but her package really bothered me. I know the producers are editing it that way but she seems so upset half the time and this time it's over something that should in fact be a happy thing. She has an amazing guy in her life and okay, you haven't been able to see him much this year cry me a river Olympian.

I had the same thought. I like Amy but... Her packages seem to be nothing but her complaining about one thing or another. I liked the dance though and her dress was really pretty too.

:agree: I wish they'd start presenting her challenges differently. The doom and gloom is getting old, for me.

Also - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the song James got!! (It bring back fond memories.) Lucky guy!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah okay James and Peeta's package =super annoying too. Why do they keep trying to make it like they are dating? God help me.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Was the lingerie necessary is the real question here.

And I thought Meryl and Maks' package was edited to make them look romantically involved. Peta and James' is like a thousand times worse.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Was the lingerie necessary is the real question here.

And I thought Meryl and Maks' package was edited to make them look romantically involved. Peta and James' is like a thousand times worse.

Yes. To me this is actually inappropriate in terms of her costume, and I'm fairly liberal about this sort of thing. It is literally lingerie for the bedroom and this is a family show.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Amy is AMAZING!! And I love Derek - he really does such a great job with his choreography. Very sexy rumba - "the vertical expression of a horizontal desire". But enough with the tears, Amy - please! Even I'm tired of them, and I'm an Amy fan!

Olympia, you just cited one of the reasons I do not like Peta. She wears some of her costumes down to there, and then you see her pulling it down further when they're waiting for scores, etc. I'm no prude and don't have a problem with the costumes at all - but don't be a pig.

Yeah okay James and Peeta's package =super annoying too. Why do they keep trying to make it like they are dating? God help me.

Can't wait to see what Meryl and Maks' looks like tonight at this rate.... :popcorn:

And the thing about the way they portray James and Peeta that bothers me is that they're not selling a romance. I could handle a fake-y romance. I feel like they're selling a tawdry one night stand - and I'm a pretty liberal youngin' but I do recognize that this is technically a family show.
EDIT: I guess it's more the way that Peeta continually acts around and about him that makes me a little uncomfortable. And then when you pair it with the outfits she shimmies farther down throughout the night, I'm just a little like - :rolleye:

And I thought that Danica did awesome!!! :) Amy could take a leaf out of her book - so positive despite the newly broken rib.

tulosai

Record Breaker
can't wait to see what meryl and maks' looks like tonight at this rate.... :popcorn:

And the thing about the way they portray james and peeta that bothers me is that they're not selling a romance. I could handle a fake-y romance. I feel like they're selling a tawdry one night stand - and i'm a pretty liberal youngin' but i do recognize that this is technically a family show.

And i thought that danica did awesome!!! :) amy could take a leaf out of her book - so positive despite the newly broken rib.

agree!!