Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

RiceSkate

Rinkside
Virtue and Moir must be seething right now! I can't wait to read what the Canadian media will write about this!

Jayhawk

Spectator
I'm not sure if having them on is fair to the others on the show since there is so much overlap between ice dancing and ballroom dancing. I would have preferred if they would have had a special competition with only ice dancers. Maybe a shortened version at the end of the regular DWTS season- - possibly including Virtue/Moir, Belbin/Agosto, and Davis/White matched up with the professionals on the show. That would have been fun.

Dutchie

Rinkside
Good for them! I haven't watched Dancing with the Stars but I will this season!! Good luck to both of them! It will be interesting to see who goes farther, Meryl or Charlie.

KJGL

Rinkside
I'm not sure if having them on is fair to the others on the show since there is so much overlap between ice dancing and ballroom dancing. I would have preferred if they would have had a special competition with only ice dancers. Maybe a shortened version at the end of the regular DWTS season- - possibly including Virtue/Moir, Belbin/Agosto, and Davis/White matched up with the professionals on the show. That would have been fun.

They won't be the biggest ringers ever on the show and their experience won't guarantee them the win. Corbin Bleu was on last season and he came in 2nd.

KJGL

Rinkside
Whoa, Meryl is partnered with Maks! Maks must be over the moon--supposedly he's always been miffed that Derek gets the best partners (which isn't really true, it's just reportedly how Maks has always felt about it).

Charlie is partnered with Sharna Burgess, a relatively new pro (3rd season) who made a hit with viewers with her partnering of Andy Dick. She did a really great job with him.

catija

Rinkside
Good for them! I haven't watched Dancing with the Stars but I will this season!! Good luck to both of them! It will be interesting to see who goes farther, Meryl or Charlie.

prob charlie. his personality is more bubbly and approachable. course he's not bad looking either :)

KJGL

Rinkside
prob charlie. his personality is more bubbly and approachable. course he's not bad looking either :)

The pros have fan bases, too, and Maks's is huge. That, plus he hasn't been on the show for the past two seasons, so his fans are going to be revved.

Matt K

On the Ice

If Virtue/Moir went on this show, they would outdance and slay their competitors (including D/W and B/A). But DWTS is really (should be) for beginners and it's not great dancing. It's a bit mockish. After seeing D/W's lack of dance ability on the ice, it'll be interesting to see their dancing (or lack of) dancing abilities on the floor.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
They'll probably nail all the ballroom dances, but the Latin dances... I'm not so sure. It will be a stiff competition for sure.

RiceSkate

Rinkside
If Virtue/Moir went on this show, they would outdance and slay their competitors (including D/W and B/A). But DWTS is really (should be) for beginners and it's not great dancing. It's a bit mockish. After seeing D/W's lack of dance ability on the ice, it'll be interesting to see their dancing (or lack of) dancing abilities on the floor.

Tessa would stumble every dance and we would see her be insecure and glare at the other dancers saying they're all civil with one another. Scott will say his dance partner was never there for him the whole season and blame the loss on everyone but himself.

KJGL

Rinkside

If Virtue and Moir were on DWTS and did what they did on their reality show--throw shadow on their competitors--DWTS fans would eliminate them the first week.

SkateToronto

On the Ice
Virtue and Moir must be seething right now! I can't wait to read what the Canadian media will write about this!

Why would they be "seething"? It shouldn't be any surprise D&W were picked given they're they just won the olympic gold medal and they're Americans.

noskates

Record Breaker
Interesting. I'm not a fan of Maks, however, and it seems like he would be too tall for Meryl. I think Charlie has the best chance because of his personality (and hair)

KJGL

Rinkside
What does this mean for my SOI tickets?!!!!

If this follows Evan's season, Maks and Sharna will travel on tour with Meryl and Charlie so they can rehearse on the road. Then they'll fly back and forth for DWTS (which I think is still Monday night).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Of course. Too bad Voir didn't create the world! They could have done it in FIVE days...

Oy. Give it a rest.