Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

ingofan1: In the past that would so not be true... This season, people seem pretty happy with their pros, so we'll see!

Olympia: I agree - her costume was flattering and let's be honest, age appropriate as well. Idc how much skin people show at any age, personally, but I feel like she covers herself up and the dresses are still flattering... Although her concern over him wearing or not wearing a shirt was a bit ridiculous, imo. I mean, does her husband go to the pool or the beach and keep on a shirt?

--> Also, of course Maks can play a womanizer, lol. And Charlie did fantastic, as usual! I thought he was better in character than usual (more emotion)....But, still not a wide range of expression.

Billy Dee Williams being safe is like Master P being safe. I guess they thought if two additional dancers were distracting everyone, we wouldn't notice he was standing still while his partner danced around him.

Literally... He was sitting in a chair in the group dance...And moved his position on the floor a grand total that I was able to count on one hand...
He seems sweet...But, I hope he doesn't stay on the show long...

EDIT: On a new note, Nene's shoes and facial expressions could've been more flattering. But she comes off likable enough and more mild tempered than on the Housewives. Also, seemed a bit slow for a jive ... But fun overall

ingofan1

Rinkside
What do all of you think of Maks as her partner. The skating lesson seems to think M&M are not clicking.

What do all of you think of Maks as her partner. The skating lesson seems to think M&M are not clicking.

I think they seem to get along as two people. I think they're fun to watch on the dance floor ... And I think Maks is trying to give her the best choregoraphy that he can. However, I do sot of wonder if perhaps they're strengths and weaknesses wouldn't be shown off and hidden (respectively) better with different partners. BUT, it's only week 2.....So I say give em more time! :D
I guess I'm just not sure about them. I do think they're fun...and genuinely seem like they have fun together

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Snowflake, next week we'll see nothing but smoke and his partner dancing around until the end of the song when the smoke clears and Billy strikes a pose.

Ingofan, I think they're fine together. He seems to be putting together choreography suited toward her strengths. I wonder what they're looking for - it's only week two.

Charlie was great, but I hate when the judges ding the dancer for something like breaking hold. How are the dancers (not the pro's) supposed to know the rules and they're not doing the choreography anyway. I love Len but he can be such a curmudgeon sometimes.

Plays: If you really think we'll get some smoke, then I hope there's a 'bang' and he goes out next week.

EDIT: Aww, man! The one real oddball of the season is voted off...bummer.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Plays: If you really think we'll get some smoke, then I hope there's a 'bang' and he goes out next week.

EDIT: Aww, man! The one real oddball of the season is voted off...bummer.

^:laugh:

I wish he had a different partner - I like Karina and will miss her the rest of the season.

Oh, Cody, the pants crotch halfway down the thigh isn't flattering and just makes you look goofy.

Wait, who did I call a curmudgeon? Me? I'll blame the snow they're predicting tonight. I don't think I'll get to garden and play in the dirt at all tbis year. I'll have to change my handle to PlaysInTheHouse.

^:laugh:

I wish he had a different partner - I like Karina and will miss her the rest of the season.

Oh, Cody, the pants crotch halfway down the thigh isn't flattering and just makes you look goofy.

Wait, who did I call a curmudgeon? Me? I'll blame the snow they're predicting tonight. I don't think I'll get to garden and play in the dirt at all tbis year. I'll have to change my handle to PlaysInTheHouse.

Ahahaha, LOVE IT!!!!! :laugh: And hated the one boy's Elvis hair

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I agree Billy Dee isn't moving much ... but seriously he's far from the only one. It seems to me many of Derek's dances in the past, even with very athletic and talented partners, have been a lot like that. Not nearly as bad but still pretty noticeable when you watch his dances and just check how much floor is being used by the celeb -- he does a lot of the work and dances around his partner, who just poses in place. But yes, Billy Dee is quite limited. But he's such a good sport about it and isn't blind to what he has to work with -- so I can watch him.

Overall I think this is a very talented cast! Meryl, Charlie, Candace, Danica, James surprised this week, Amy, and several others are all very strong. I don't remember liking so many dances/celeb dancers in a single season before. Each elimination is going to be sad from the get-go, starting with Diana, who was a very good sport.

I agree Billy Dee isn't moving much ... but seriously he's far from the only one. It seems to me many of Derek's dances in the past, even with very athletic and talented partners, have been a lot like that. Not nearly as bad but still pretty noticeable when you watch his dances and just check how much floor is being used by the celeb -- he does a lot of the work and dances around his partner, who just poses in place. But yes, Billy Dee is quite limited. But he's such a good sport about it and isn't blind to what he has to work with -- so I can watch him.

Overall I think this is a very talented cast! Meryl, Charlie, Candace, Danica, James surprised this week, Amy, and several others are all very strong. I don't remember liking so many dances/celeb dancers in a single season before. Each elimination is going to be sad from the get-go, starting with Diana, who was a very good sport.

^^ This!!! Exactly how I feel. (Although, unless Danica grows on me....I will only be sad to see her go because she can dance pretty well.)

And tbh...I do see what you mean about Derek too

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
this is the wrong show for billy dee. too bad they don't have a 'standing in one spot and watching your partner dance with the stars'

DWTS Senior Citizen / Geriatric Version - Ahh! I'd actually tune into watch that if they could get spunky individuals like Betty White.

Remember how well Cloris Leachman did? She was around eighty at the time. And Florence Henderson, who was about the same age as Williams the year she competed, was very energetic and graceful. The problem is that Billy Dee has physical problems; it isn't just age.

Remember how well Cloris Leachman did? She was around eighty at the time. And Florence Henderson, who was about the same age as Williams the year she competed, was very energetic and graceful. The problem is that Billy Dee has physical problems; it isn't just age.

Oh no, I agree! I know it's not age. Heck, you can find people in bad physical health for dancing (like he is) in all age groups.

I more meant that I enjoy spunky old people....I think it'd be sort of fun to have a season full of them - all of their zesty comments and attitudes, haha

belladashwood

Rinkside

The Skating Lesson needs to stick to skating, which they are better suited to commenting on, not ballroom dancing. They must be drunk like Carrie Ann, they need to understand how completely unfair it would've been to put Meryl w/ Derek since he worked w/ her and Charlie on their short dance and the whole DWTS fandom & everyone else would've been up in arms over it. I like Derek, but I'm seriously getting sick & tired of the full out favoritism he gets from the judges & producers, along w/ his ride or die fan-girls who are in complete denial over it.

After watching DWTS since season 2, Meryl & Maks seem to be clicking together just fine, it's a complete meeting of the minds & Meryl has been responding so well to his no bull-s**t teaching style & that works so well for her, even Derek's fan-girls at PureDWTS have stated how well she and Maks are meshing together. Frankly I've never seen Maks so at ease and mellow, I really do think Meryl is his best partner since Mel B and is his best celeb partner ever, if he doesn't win the mirrorball trophy w/ her I'm not sure if he ever will.

The Skating Lesson needs to stick to skating, which they are better suited to commenting on, not ballroom dancing. They must be drunk like Carrie Ann, they need to understand how completely unfair it would've been to put Meryl w/ Derek since he worked w/ her and Charlie on their short dance and the whole DWTS fandom & everyone else would've been up in arms over it. I like Derek, but I'm seriously getting sick & tired of the full out favoritism he gets from the judges & producers, along w/ his ride or die fan-girls who are in complete denial over it.

After watching DWTS since season 2, Meryl & Maks seem to be clicking together just fine, it's a complete meeting of the minds & Meryl has been responding so well to his no bull-s**t teaching style & that works so well for her, even Derek's fan-girls at PureDWTS have stated how well she and Maks are meshing together. Frankly I've never seen Maks so at ease and mellow, I really do think Meryl is his best partner since Mel B and is his best celeb partner ever, if he doesn't win the mirrorball trophy w/ her I'm not sure if he ever will.

Nice to meet you Bella! And I think you summed that all up pretty nicely. :)

However, as a viewer of DWTS, you know that it's largely a popularity contest....So, it really depends on how many fans he and Meryl have (especially since this season has multiple individuals that are contenders in the dance score/on-tv judging area)...

noskates

Record Breaker
I have to agree that Maks' best chance ever would be with Meryl and the fanbase she and Charlie have after the Olympics. But already tonite he's started in with making faces during the judging, etc. That's never worked for him before and I doubt it's going to work for him this time. I think they might make the top 5 but not much more than that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to agree that Maks' best chance ever would be with Meryl and the fanbase she and Charlie have after the Olympics. But already tonite he's started in with making faces during the judging, etc. That's never worked for him before and I doubt it's going to work for him this time. I think they might make the top 5 but not much more than that.

However, the judges also noted Meryl noding her head, i.e. she acknowledged the mistakes. And Meryl is competitive, she will keep Maks in line. I love how fun Meryl is being, I think she and Maks make a good pair, contrary to some here.

Let's face it, the judges are also being more harsh with Meryl and Charlie because of the whole ringer thing, i.e. they are being grade on a curve. I mean, come on! Bille Dee doesn't even know WHAT a dance hold is let alone what it means to break one! And TIMING? Seriously, did we hear them mention timing with any of the other couples?

ETA: Actually, they did mentioned timing with a few others. But it was like "a few timing issues, but it was good." as in with Meryl is was like "TIMING ISSUES, no 10 for you!!"

Last edited:
However, the judges also noted Meryl noding her head, i.e. she acknowledged the mistakes. And Meryl is competitive, she will keep Maks in line. I love how fun Meryl is being, I think she and Maks make a good pair, contrary to some here.

Let's face it, the judges are also being more harsh with Meryl and Charlie because of the whole ringer thing, i.e. they are being grade on a curve. I mean, come on! Bille Dee doesn't even know WHAT a dance hold is let alone what it means to break one! And TIMING? Seriously, did we hear them mention timing with any of the other couples?

ETA: Actually, they did mentioned timing with a few others. But it was like "a few timing issues, but it was good." as in with Meryl is was like "TIMING ISSUES, no 10 for you!!"

:thumbsup: :clap: Couldn't have said it better!!! And I know Maks shouldn't make faces....But, I was making faces at their harsh judging of her tonight too. Let's be real, if certain other contestants (good/decent dancers) performed that, they would have barely mentioned timing.