Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

When Dorothy Hamill competed, Tristan went to the Stars on Ice shows with her. It was so fun to see him in the audience......so therefore I hope we will see Maks !! He finally gets a good partner. And his fan base will surely propel him to the top this time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah, but just when Maks finally gets a good partner they're going to have to switch partners mid-season, which figures.
    maks is kind of a tool, i would've liked to see her with mark or derek

or what?

I'm askin' nice, but to make that accusation is not cool.
    lol i'm kidding

(but no seriously, you often say very similar things in very similar ways often right after each other)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KJGL View Post
    If Virtue and Moir were on DWTS and did what they did on their reality show--throw shadow on their competitors--DWTS fans would eliminate them the first week.
    I think this is exactly what DWTS's aim is. It is not a show about talent, or dancing pedigree, it's a popularity contest. Yes, popularity contest. Which says to me that D/W won't last long I wonder if Nene Leakes will make it to the finals .

You don't need to be good dancers, heck you don't even need to have any natural ability at all. It does take stamina every week though. All these things mirrors D/W's own ice dancing career.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    He can be obnoxious but I think USUALLY his frustration is that his partners seem to be 'just trying to have fun' and he actually wants them to excel and be competitive. The one exception was Hope Solo, but she was so over the top competitive and crazy on the show that they just ended up bringing out the worst in each other to an extreme and borderline psychopathic level. I actually wonder if, given a partner with some real talent who also works hard, he might come across differently.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Of course. Too bad Voir didn't create the world! They could have done it in FIVE days...

Oy. Give it a rest.
    OMG you have made me laughed so hard. Best answer ever!

Custom Title
    He can be obnoxious but I think USUALLY his frustration is that his partners seem to be 'just trying to have fun' and he actually wants them to excel and be competitive. The one exception was Hope Solo, but she was so over the top competitive and crazy on the show that they just ended up bringing out the worst in each other to an extreme and borderline psychopathic level. I actually wonder if, given a partner with some real talent who also works hard, he might come across differently.
    Oh man, I forgot about how he manhandled her in that practice when he got mad she wasn't doing something right...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    DWTS is for beginners, those with no dance training. Aside from the cheesetastic production and vibe (which I don't really mind), it's quite mockish and not about showcasing exceptional dance talent. It's a popularity contest, which is okay too, those are always fun. The best dancers don't necessarily win. Weaker dance teams are more likely to win, but I guess D/W know all about that in their competitive careers as ice dancers .

Now that D/W are going to be dancing on the floor, I'm glad we won't be seeing their shallow edges and toe picking steps running on the ice. That said, Charlie is by far the weakest ice dancer out of the team (and among the top 3 men in ice dance) so it will be interesting how he fares with his partner. I want to see some passion and commitment, and better leg lines and unison, which is probably easier on the floor than on the ice when they actually have to be on edges.

Whatever they do, I hope D/W start actually enjoying their performance. Over these last seasons, especially this current one they don't look like they enjoy ice dancing together. True, they don't have that IT factor nor charisma, so hopefully their superior partners bring something sparkly out of them. Both D/W have very limited range of movement as shown in their ice dancing careers, maybe the professionals on the show will help improve these things.
    what did D/W do to you? killed your puppy or something?

Banned
    calling it now, the snowboarder with no legs is gonna take it out. that plus being paired with derek is a ride to the trophy

Tripping on the Podium
    Dancing with the Stars is only on one day a week now so I don't think this will interfere with Stars on Ice. It will just be the rehearsal time they have to work around. I expect alot of fluff pieces about them being on tour which will create more buzz about SOI.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post

lol i'm kidding

(but no seriously, you often say very similar things in very similar ways often right after each other)

okay. kidding is cool

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    I think this is exactly what DWTS's aim is. It is not a show about talent, or dancing pedigree, it's a popularity contest. Yes, popularity contest. Which says to me that D/W won't last long I wonder if Nene Leakes will make it to the finals .

You don't need to be good dancers, heck you don't even need to have any natural ability at all. It does take stamina every week though. All these things mirrors D/W's own ice dancing career.
    I know, those darned DWTS fans--sportsmanship is important to them.

And sure, if Bill Engvall can make the final, why couldn't NeNe Leakes?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KJGL View Post
    I know, those darned DWTS fans--sportsmanship is important to them.

And sure, if Bill Engvall can make the final, why couldn't NeNe Leakes?
    Not necessarily just sportsmanship, but personality and charisma. With this current lineup I'm not sure D/W will last long in those two areas. Hopefully Maks brings out better qualities in M. Davis. Maks/M. Davis might, just might have a good chance.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Yay for Meryl and Charlie! Can't wait to see what sort of routines they'll do. I think Meryl would be especially lovely in ballroom, especially the Viennese Waltz and Foxtrot

On the other hand, given that M&C have probably had substantial ballroom/ latin training, hopefully we'll get some really interesting and difficult choreography (possibly more akin to what you'd actually see at a dancesport competition).

Yeah, but just when Maks finally gets a good partner they're going to have to switch partners mid-season, which figures.
    lol the first thing I thought when reading about a rule change, was "just like in The Hunger Games!".

Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast