Page 34 of 207 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 3099

Thread: Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

  1. #496
    On the Ice belladashwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by ingofan1 View Post
    What do all of you think of Maks as her partner. The skating lesson seems to think M&M are not clicking.
    The Skating Lesson needs to stick to skating, which they are better suited to commenting on, not ballroom dancing. They must be drunk like Carrie Ann, they need to understand how completely unfair it would've been to put Meryl w/ Derek since he worked w/ her and Charlie on their short dance and the whole DWTS fandom & everyone else would've been up in arms over it. I like Derek, but I'm seriously getting sick & tired of the full out favoritism he gets from the judges & producers, along w/ his ride or die fan-girls who are in complete denial over it.

    After watching DWTS since season 2, Meryl & Maks seem to be clicking together just fine, it's a complete meeting of the minds & Meryl has been responding so well to his no bull-s**t teaching style & that works so well for her, even Derek's fan-girls at PureDWTS have stated how well she and Maks are meshing together. Frankly I've never seen Maks so at ease and mellow, I really do think Meryl is his best partner since Mel B and is his best celeb partner ever, if he doesn't win the mirrorball trophy w/ her I'm not sure if he ever will.

  2. #497
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    The Skating Lesson needs to stick to skating, which they are better suited to commenting on, not ballroom dancing. They must be drunk like Carrie Ann, they need to understand how completely unfair it would've been to put Meryl w/ Derek since he worked w/ her and Charlie on their short dance and the whole DWTS fandom & everyone else would've been up in arms over it. I like Derek, but I'm seriously getting sick & tired of the full out favoritism he gets from the judges & producers, along w/ his ride or die fan-girls who are in complete denial over it.

    After watching DWTS since season 2, Meryl & Maks seem to be clicking together just fine, it's a complete meeting of the minds & Meryl has been responding so well to his no bull-s**t teaching style & that works so well for her, even Derek's fan-girls at PureDWTS have stated how well she and Maks are meshing together. Frankly I've never seen Maks so at ease and mellow, I really do think Meryl is his best partner since Mel B and is his best celeb partner ever, if he doesn't win the mirrorball trophy w/ her I'm not sure if he ever will.
    Nice to meet you Bella! And I think you summed that all up pretty nicely.

    However, as a viewer of DWTS, you know that it's largely a popularity contest....So, it really depends on how many fans he and Meryl have (especially since this season has multiple individuals that are contenders in the dance score/on-tv judging area)...

  3. #498
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,129
    I have to agree that Maks' best chance ever would be with Meryl and the fanbase she and Charlie have after the Olympics. But already tonite he's started in with making faces during the judging, etc. That's never worked for him before and I doubt it's going to work for him this time. I think they might make the top 5 but not much more than that.

  4. #499
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,592
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I have to agree that Maks' best chance ever would be with Meryl and the fanbase she and Charlie have after the Olympics. But already tonite he's started in with making faces during the judging, etc. That's never worked for him before and I doubt it's going to work for him this time. I think they might make the top 5 but not much more than that.
    However, the judges also noted Meryl noding her head, i.e. she acknowledged the mistakes. And Meryl is competitive, she will keep Maks in line. I love how fun Meryl is being, I think she and Maks make a good pair, contrary to some here.

    Let's face it, the judges are also being more harsh with Meryl and Charlie because of the whole ringer thing, i.e. they are being grade on a curve. I mean, come on! Bille Dee doesn't even know WHAT a dance hold is let alone what it means to break one! And TIMING? Seriously, did we hear them mention timing with any of the other couples?

    ETA: Actually, they did mentioned timing with a few others. But it was like "a few timing issues, but it was good." as in with Meryl is was like "TIMING ISSUES, no 10 for you!!"
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-24-2014 at 11:41 PM.

  5. #500
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    However, the judges also noted Meryl noding her head, i.e. she acknowledged the mistakes. And Meryl is competitive, she will keep Maks in line. I love how fun Meryl is being, I think she and Maks make a good pair, contrary to some here.

    Let's face it, the judges are also being more harsh with Meryl and Charlie because of the whole ringer thing, i.e. they are being grade on a curve. I mean, come on! Bille Dee doesn't even know WHAT a dance hold is let alone what it means to break one! And TIMING? Seriously, did we hear them mention timing with any of the other couples?

    ETA: Actually, they did mentioned timing with a few others. But it was like "a few timing issues, but it was good." as in with Meryl is was like "TIMING ISSUES, no 10 for you!!"
    Couldn't have said it better!!! And I know Maks shouldn't make faces....But, I was making faces at their harsh judging of her tonight too. Let's be real, if certain other contestants (good/decent dancers) performed that, they would have barely mentioned timing.

  6. #501
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,129
    Well in defense of my opinion of Maks, I've watched this show since the beginning and he has always been self-destructive - arguing with the judges, making faces when he disagrees with their statements, etc. Did you notice when Eric was interviewing them after the dance that he yelled back at the judges that he wasn't being disrespectful? Sounds to me like he's been called on that! It's done him and his partner in on more than one occasion and I'm actually sorry that Meryl was partnered with him because of that. I also don't like the fact he keeps trying to kiss her neck or whatever and she appears (to me anyway) to be uncomfortable with that. That's all I'll say.

  7. #502
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    However, the judges also noted Meryl noding her head, i.e. she acknowledged the mistakes. And Meryl is competitive, she will keep Maks in line. I love how fun Meryl is being, I think she and Maks make a good pair, contrary to some here.

    Let's face it, the judges are also being more harsh with Meryl and Charlie because of the whole ringer thing, i.e. they are being grade on a curve. I mean, come on! Bille Dee doesn't even know WHAT a dance hold is let alone what it means to break one! And TIMING? Seriously, did we hear them mention timing with any of the other couples?

    ETA: Actually, they did mentioned timing with a few others. But it was like "a few timing issues, but it was good." as in with Meryl is was like "TIMING ISSUES, no 10 for you!!"
    I mean, I danced competitively for years so I am more sensitive to it maybe, but Meryl did have major timing issues especially at the beginning- her and Maks were clearly out of sync, to the point where I was cringing and then they were again shortly after they moved down to the stage. I actually thought t his performance from them was weaker than last week's- I'd have given 9 last week relative to others anyway, and 8 this week. I LOVED their lifts though and also think M&M are a good pair.

    I also, unlike many here, don't mind Billy Dee. At least he is enjoying it and giving his all. Seeing as I figured he, Diana, and Sean would go first, I don't mind if he is the third of them to go. In fact, I wouldn't mind him sticking around for one week after this one, and did throw a few more of my votes at him this week, but I won't again after this week because once you're in the final 8 (at least for me) it has to be more about dancing than effort/enjoyment.

  8. #503
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    159
    For me, Meryl is clearly being held to a higher standard and maybe that's fair considering her background. But I also wonder if Carrie Anne, in particular, is sorta anti-Maks and therefore Meryl is punished too. I think Meryl nodded because she is compliant, respectful person and was simply acknowledging that they are the judges and have the right to their opinion. But I will listen to tulosai and others who have trained dancing experience to say that maybe Meryl did have timing issues? At least Len's 9 was encouraging. I did not see Charlie getting 9s by Carrie Ann and Bruno. But maybe this is a little network strategy to keep audience members like me engaged and voting for who we think deserves it.

  9. #504
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,592
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I mean, I danced competitively for years so I am more sensitive to it maybe, but Meryl did have major timing issues especially at the beginning- her and Maks were clearly out of sync, to the point where I was cringing and then they were again shortly after they moved down to the stage. I actually thought t his performance from them was weaker than last week's- I'd have given 9 last week relative to others anyway, and 8 this week. I LOVED their lifts though and also think M&M are a good pair.

    I also, unlike many here, don't mind Billy Dee. At least he is enjoying it and giving his all. Seeing as I figured he, Diana, and Sean would go first, I don't mind if he is the third of them to go. In fact, I wouldn't mind him sticking around for one week after this one, and did throw a few more of my votes at him this week, but I won't again after this week because once you're in the final 8 (at least for me) it has to be more about dancing than effort/enjoyment.
    Oh I don't dispute that Meryl had timing issues or that Charlie broke hold, just that they seem to be penalized for it more. I mean James and Peta got the same score for a dance that wasn't as good. But I suppose if this mean the ringer claims can be put to rest, I suppose that's fine.

    I don't really have a problem with Billy Dee. I don't mind him staying another week or two.

    So based on scores we have a good ideal of the groupings:

    24-27 av
    Charlie
    Meryl
    Amy
    Danica

    22-23
    Candace
    James
    Cody

    15-21
    Drew
    Nene
    Billy Dee

    Meryl and Charlie should be safe for a few more eliminations.


    Eta: it looks like Meryl is getting a lot of votes to be switched to Derek...saw a few for Mark and Val.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 03-25-2014 at 09:53 AM.

  10. #505
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Posts
    1,037
    I wonder if Meryl were to be switched to Derek who she'd chose to stay with...

  11. #506
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Oh I don't dispute that Meryl had timing issues or that Charlie broke hold, just that they seem to be penalized for it more. I mean James and Peta got the same score for a dance that wasn't as good.
    I swear Carrie Ann gives extra points for abs and turns a blind eye depending on how drool-worthy she thinks a guy is.

    My favorite part of the night was seeing Meryl drag Maks by the ankle over to the judges.


    From Olympia:

    Remember how well Cloris Leachman did? She was around eighty at the time. And Florence Henderson, who was about the same age as Williams the year she competed, was very energetic and graceful. The problem is that Billy Dee has physical problems; it isn't just age.
    Yes, I was thinking of them as well as Valerie Harper. What a trooper she was and I loved how kind and compassionate Tristan was with her.


    ETA: When they mentioned the double elimination, even Billy's partner looked at him like she was certain he would be going home.

  12. #507
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

    Eta: it looks like Meryl is getting a lot of votes to be switched to Derek...saw a few for Mark and Val.
    Yup I think she will be switched to Derek. I also think this is a GOOD sign because many of the Derek fans (of which there are LEGIONS) must be voting for him to have her, which means they like her, and while I don't kid myself that this means they will vote for her and Maks against Derek and whoever when push comes to shove later, I do think it means they like watching her dance and will probably be throwing her some of their votes for at least a few more weeks... and alsso if they like her it is likely many ambivalent fans do as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaysInTheDirt View Post
    I swear Carrie Ann gives extra points for abs and turns a blind eye depending on how drool-worthy she thinks a guy is.

    My favorite part of the night was seeing Meryl drag Maks by the ankle over to the judges.
    Yes me too! She is strong!

  13. #508
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,105
    where are you guys seeing the votes for the partner switch?

  14. #509
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,592
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    where are you guys seeing the votes for the partner switch?
    If you do a Twitter search for #DWTS (go to search.twitter.com), you'll see people mention their switch choices, either via a tweet listing the combo or that they voted on ABC's website for a certain combo.

  15. #510
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    285
    I'm curious if anyone here is voting to switch any of the pairs, and if so, who are switching from/to?

    I'm not voting for a switch but if Julianne Hough was still on I'd vote to pair her with Charlie if they weren't partnered up initially.

Page 34 of 207 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •