Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

Medalist
    Just checked D/W on twitter. Maks and Meryl are calling themselves Team M&M, Charlie and Sharna are Team Shar-Char.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This is way OT but yes, YES you should read it!
    Keeping the OT, Yes, yes you should read it WeakAnkles.

Quote Originally Posted by KJGL View Post
    Just checked D/W on twitter. Maks and Meryl are calling themselves Team M&M, Charlie and Sharna are Team Shar-Char.
    lol they are cute!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    Of all the competitors on this seasons Dancing with the Stars, Davis and White are the least famous.....other than a few figure skating fans. Davis doesn't have the assets to get votes, plus these judges will be fair. I was hoping that she would have gotten cosmetic surgery on her nose.......like Virtue did hehe.
    Tessa is more insecure than Meryl (just by watching their god awful "reality" show)

Banned
    why does every discussion about tessa and meryl always devolve into snarking over their looks

they are both prettier and more accomplished with 100% more gold medals than you will ever have, deal w/ it

Quote Originally Posted by RiceSkate View Post
    Tessa is more insecure than Meryl (just by watching their god awful "reality" show)
    I've never thought of Tessa as being insecure (she looks pretty sure on the ice to me), but maybe that was the approach they wanted in their reality show. It's like when she said she didn't know how to flirt, my mind went back to her Carmen Free Dance, and I thought "well if she didn't know how to flirt and she could pull that... imagine if she DID know".

Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    why does every discussion about tessa and meryl always devolve into snarking over their looks

they are both prettier and more accomplished with 100% more gold medals than you will ever have, deal w/ it
    ITA!

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    uhhh they didn't even get anyone particularly 'infamous' this year like snooki either. meryl and charlie are up there as far as name recognition goes with this group of nobodies they're in
    Agreed! I'm reading online articles about the new season; and people are saying D/W were brought in for ratings. I love D/W, but that says a lot about who else is on the show with them this season and about their current visibility in the U.S.
    I don't watch DWTS regularly....but I guess I'll have to now...

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Virtue and Moir must be seething right now! I can't wait to read what the Canadian media will write about this!
    Lol yea. Do they have a 2nd rate Canadian version they can get on?
    Tessa would stumble every dance and we would see her be insecure and glare at the other dancers saying they're all civil with one another. Scott will say his dance partner was never there for him the whole season and blame the loss on everyone but himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Of course. Too bad Voir didn't create the world! They could have done it in FIVE days...

Oy. Give it a rest.
    RiceSkate is the **** who needs to give it a rest. Shame on you. [ETA: I can't even keep up with copying all your snarky anti-V/M posts. ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changing the subject:
    LOL, I do not think anyone in this thread can be objective as to the comparative name recognition of Davis and White relative to their DWTS competitors.

I hope that D/W have fun. They probably will be able to teach their partners a thing or two -- as was the case with Hough. (After being "spoiled" with such a great partner in W all these years, sorry that D got stuck with Maks.)

A big winner today is SOI, which will see a jump in ticket sales once DWTS starts airing. SOI surely will bend over backward to accommodate D/W's DWTS obligations, as well as DWTS working around their SOI schedule.

Custom Title
    Perhaps one day plastic surgeons will be able to do personality transplants. You know, like making kindness MUCH bigger and shaving down that unattractive hump of snark.

Well a boy can dream...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    I've never thought of Tessa as being insecure (she looks pretty sure on the ice to me), but maybe that was the approach they wanted in their reality show. It's like when she said she didn't know how to flirt, my mind went back to her Carmen Free Dance, and I thought "well if she didn't know how to flirt and she could pull that... imagine if she DID know".

ITA!
    i never see tessa as anything less than 100% confident on the ice either, so she does an excellent job of covering herself. she said somewhere once she was terrified going back onto the ice after her first surgery because she thought people were laughing at her and thinking what a bad skater she was and when she gets criticism, she not only assumes it's because she's a bad skater but she's also a bad person. she probably suffers from a terrible case of type a perfectionism...but then again a lot of elite athletes probably do

Custom Title
    This will be fun to watch! But, I can't wrap my head around Meryl and Charlie NOT being partners. And then, if one of them gets sent home before the other...It'll be weird (for me).

Really no uber insults are necessary since V/M aren't competing here. But if you want to throw shade at DJ Tanner, Winnie Cooper or the ocean swimming lady, that's fine with me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    Agreed! I'm reading online articles about the new season; and people are saying D/W were brought in for ratings. I love D/W, but that says a lot about who else is on the show with them this season and about their current visibility in the U.S.
    I don't watch DWTS regularly....but I guess I'll have to now...
    k i'm not sure who is saying d/w are being brought in for ratings because people stop caring about figure skaters and olympians approximately ten minutes after the olympics end...

dwts is usually where has beens go to see their careers die in a burning inferno of embarrassment and humiliation, so at least d/w will bring at least some semblance of actual talent to the group

Custom Title
    I hope that D/W have fun. They will probably will be able to teach their partners a thing or two -- as was the case with Hough. (After being "spoiled" with a such a great partner in W all these years, sorry that D got stuck with Maks.)
    I can't see Meryl with Maks, personality wise, but he might be happy that he has someone with dance talent and that he's back on the show this season. He was fun with Kirstie and loved him with Mel B. but otherwise most of his partners have been meh. I'm sure we'll see the inevitable package where Meryl takes him on the ice and tries to teach him to ice dance, and we see Maks fall on his ***.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    k i'm not sure who is saying d/w are being brought in for ratings because people stop caring about figure skaters and olympians approximately ten minutes after the olympics end...

dwts is usually where has beens go to see their careers die in a burning inferno of embarrassment and humiliation, so at least d/w will bring at least some semblance of actual talent to the group
    I'm from the U.S. and am fully aware of what DWTS is. I agree - totally for has-been's of the recent and far past. That being said, have you looked at who all is on their season? More nobodies than one season has had in a long time. And the Olympics just ended....so maybe their 10 minutes will be extended a bit longer since they've done so many interviews and such as of late?

Anyways, I''m not nor was I trying to start anything. I was merely saying that in some of the general public's and the media's eyes that they're hyping this season up by the competition between D/W specifically. People already has an article about it online.

Custom Title
    In the short term this may seem great for D/W to do to stay in the spotlight and make some money while they are at it but for their skating legacy not going for a 3rd World title and back to back titles which only a few select teams have ever done is a mistake i think. To be honest Meryl and Charlie don't have much going for personalities other then saying how hard they work and appearing on a crappy reality show isn't going to change that. It didn't help Evan after he was done doing the show.

Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast