Page 74 of 207 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3094

Thread: Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That is splendid to read. The engineers who designed these feet are wonderful, and Amy is a marvel for figuring out how she needs to train in order to make the most of her own muscles and the new mechanics. The way she harmonizes her biological body and the "add-ons" is awesome.
    I agree! I found it very interesting to read.

Custom Title
    Amy is amazing.

uncchristine99, I loved reading your thoughts on how DWTS has been so revealing about Meryl and Charlie's partnership and what they both bring to it.

Maybe then... the best of D/W is that Meryl is such a dark and intense foil to Charlie's much more lighter and buoyant style.
    Ha, this reminds me of a translation I recently read of a Russian interview with Marina. The interviewer said Meryl and Charlie looked like something out of a novel, especially Meryl:

- Very non-standard. You kind of look at her like it’s a fairy tale, but you don’t know what the end will be - whether she will remain beautiful, or bite the prince's throat.
    lol, it made me laugh.

Custom Title
    Caitie I love Marina's description of them!!

And a team pic - "Team LOCA" - http://instagram.com/p/nJ1Wv6jEV5/

Custom Title
    Quote from Charlie re DWTS from article on Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 4/23/14
    “It's been an "intense" and "exhausting" saga, White said by phone Saturday, but “we're in the best shape of our lives. We're also having the time of our lives. And we're not taking any of it for granted.”
    The only difficult part, White said, is the dance floor.
    “The ice just feels like home, especially now after I'm realizing how much I take for granted,” he said. “The dance floor is a totally different kind of monster. You think you know how to walk, but you actually have no idea how to walk like these guys.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/o...ts/2014/04/23/

Custom Title
    I hope that instead of one of the Macy's Dance features, DWTS shows Davis and White skating one of their programs, even if it's just a full run-through rehearsal. It would be a great way to show what skating can convey.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I hope that instead of one of the Macy's Dance features, DWTS shows Davis and White skating one of their programs, even if it's just a full run-through rehearsal. It would be a great way to show what skating can convey.
    Ohhh!!! That would be super cool! And I definitely think that it would get individuals interested that really don't have much of a figure skating knowledge base - especially since they're ice dancers.

I don't know if they would/will do something like that, but imo, it'd be good for the sport of FS. Plus, at this stage, I feel like a lot of viewers would enjoy getting to see D/W on ice together since we've all heard a lot about it and their schedules on DWTS, but some people may have never seen them perform or practice for a program.

EDIT: Not to mention that the Macy's Stars of Dance programs are hit or miss for me. This past one was good....but the one before that (I think) was just alright for my tastes. I think it's nice they do it and all.....but I'd totally be up for some ice dance. hehehe O=)

Custom Title
    I would love/hope to see Charlie and Meryl doing an exhibition for DWTS. Not sure how they would do iti - pre-taped - but it would be wonderful....especially if they did their exhibition from Sochi. I like the Macy's Stars of Dance when Derek choreographs it.

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I would love/hope to see Charlie and Meryl doing an exhibition for DWTS. Not sure how they would do it.
    That would be spectacular but yeah the big question is how would they pull it off. It would have to be live. Maybe if they had synthetic ice that would work? Would it be the same?

On the Ice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9kI...3sQF5Yip1WDfwP

Charlie needs to watch Barb Underhill and Paul Martini's, "When a Man Loves a Woman"---hot and steamy by two who each had/have separate wonderful marriages.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by azcalder View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9kI...3sQF5Yip1WDfwP

Charlie needs to watch Barb Underhill and Paul Martini's, "When a Man Loves a Woman"---hot and steamy by two who each had/have separate wonderful marriages.
    I'm going to sound like a broken record , but when Charlie's had the opportunity to sell sexy, he's done it (week one contemporary). I give him a pass on the samba, because it was so poorly choreographed (an unusual misstep from Peta). I also think that Meryl is great, but she's gotten 2 tangos that have emphasized her great dramatic qualities. You can't make "Happy" or "Everybody Dance Now" sexy. I think that Charlie will need a jaw-droppingly sexy or emotionally vulnerable dance to make it back to the top of the leaderboard, but I think he's done his best with the material he's been given.

People on Entertainment Weekly seem to like Charlie, so let's hope that translates into votes!

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Most broken records are a direct result of beautiful music that people want to hear over and over.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Most broken records are a direct result of beautiful music that people want to hear over and over.
    Haha, I like this!

I LOVE it! Personally, I have no idea how D/W take doing this show and SOI at the same time, emotionally and physically. And to boot they stay well in those cesspools we call airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    My admiration for Sharna went up with the comments in this photo:

http://instagram.com/p/nBgQAhOywv/

sharnaburgess
    2 days ago
    This is why @charlieawhite is amazing every week, not because it's natural or easy, but because he works his *** off everyday even when his not with me. We start off on Tuesday like everyone else, baby steps, and it's a testament to our working relationship and his desire to do the best he can that he kills it every week. #soproud

Somebody posted this nasty comment:

karengrave
    And a testament to his pre-established dance talent coming into this. Fool yourself but don't try to fool the rest of us. We are smarter than that. But keep on believin'.

But Sharna had the last word!

sharnaburgess
    @karengrave lol, I must have missed you in all our rehearsals this season watching his progress. �� you 'keep on believin' what you want to. I was sharing because I'm proud of him, and will continue to do so.

#TeamAUS
    @karengrave got owned. BAM!
    Sorry- it had to be said. If there is one thing to be learned, do not piss off an Australian on social media. It aint worth it.

Trust me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    That's great, Sam!

Page 74 of 207 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 124 174 ... LastLast