Page 82 of 207 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3099

Thread: Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

I guess I was the only one who liked Peta's red underwear. This was burlesque in the good old-fashioned sense of buffoonery.

Question about Meryl's hair. Was that all hers?

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Question about Meryl's hair. Was that all hers?
    I'm not sure. I know last week, she had a hair piece. BUT - she does have a lot of hair....so I could see where maybe it was all her's.....but I wouldn't be surprised if she had extensions or a hair piece in either. =/ Sorry - i know that wasn't very helpful.

Custom Title
    (PS. To all the youngsters out there. Note PlaysInTheDirt's sentence construction. This is what you should write when you want to say, "Meryl's on a- whole -nother level. )

lolz. Huh wht r u tawkin about?

Oh, you mean punctuation and such? I don't like to brag, but you should see my penmanship. Palmer method! Thank God for those nuns. Yeah, I am that old. I had nuns!

I kust have one comment on tonight's show: Meryl's on a different level altogether.
    I have to admit. I didn't see that coming. But now that you mention it, Mathman, I have to agree with you!!

Poor Charlie. I think the "something special" Len really wanted to see, was Meryl.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaysInTheDirt View Post
    Oh, you mean punctuation and such? I don't like to brag, but you should see my penmanship. Palmer method! Thank God for those nuns. Yeah, I am that old. I had nuns!
    Not to get off topic... But, it doesn't date you the way you might think! I actually had nuns throughout grade school and high school (granted not for every grade) - you just have to live in a "lucky" location to hit that jack pot. I should say though - they weren't all bad, some were really sweet....but there was one that was meaner than a snake. I vividly recall her coming up to me in a grocery store when I was standing by my mother and literally pinch twisting my ear from behind...

Poor Charlie. I think the "something special" Len really wanted to see, was Meryl.
    See! Farther proof they just need to do a clip of Meryl and Charlie's ice dancing... Let some of that love rub off, haha

Medalist
    I just rewatched Charlie's dance, looking only at the feet this time, and I guess I can see what Len is going at, even though he didn't say it explicitly. There were a number of times when it looked like he was correcting himself. Pauses and little steps that looked like errors (though not being a dancer or anything, I don't know if they are actually errors--they're just things that looked pretty out of place to my untrained eye).

Custom Title
    Yeah, I mean... maybe it wasn't perfect or whatever, but an 8?? Also, it was more the way the judges spoke to him that grated than anything else.

Maybe it's just a ploy to gin up votes for Charlie by being harsh on him and sticking him in the fake bottom 3? Personally it feels obvious to me that the Top 4 they want is Meryl, Charlie, James, and Amy. I felt like they damned Danica with faint praise and subpar scores (they could have been more generous) and calmed the people voting as hard as they can for Candace by giving her 9s and declaring her safe first.

Custom Title
    In the beginning of the show I was so wrong in my assessment on Maryl vs Charlie. I was sure Maryl would be eliminated quickly as someone with no personality and it would be Charlie who would go far. Now I see it is Maryl who gives the personality to the Maryl/Charlie duo and it is Charlie who needs Maryl's help to carry on, not the other way around.
    Really surprised. And I must say: positively surprised. Really glad to see a completely different Maryl from what saw in many figure skating competitions.
    I love such surprises!

Custom Title
    I think Len in particular is being overly hard on Charlie. I think compared to the other dancers that he was undermarked/

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I think Len in particular is being overly hard on Charlie. I think compared to the other dancers that he was undermarked/
    Len's first 10 of the season was given to Charlie, though. But, yea, he also gave him a harsh 8 this week. Similarly, Len was the only person to give a 9 to Meryl in week 2 (remember Mak's "The important one gave us a 9") but then refused to join the other judges in giving Meryl 10's for the next two weeks. I don't think Len has it out for anyone--he just has things that he likes (good-old-fashioned vaudeville in the theme of Mary Poppins seems a nice fit for the stereotypical old curmudgeon), and things that he dislikes (he sounded particularly annoyed by the shirtlessness).

Part of the problem is also music, which isn't entirely within their control. Like last week's Everybody Dance Now was totally unsuitable for a cha-cha-cha, and this week's music, while better, didn't fit as well as the music that M/M got.

The other problem is that the standard against which he's being judged is Meryl, not the other contestants. And, at least in this week and last week, Meryl was (in my totally amateur, unqualified opinion) clean while he was not. Like the little corrective steps that it looked like he had taken this week or the little small pauses and hesitations last week when it looked like he lost timing and had to resynchronize.

Custom Title
    Let was a crotchety old buzzard last night. I think most if not all of his scores were 1 point below the other stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    For me, it wasn't so much the 8 that Len gave him, but his remarks. It was unnecessary and uncalled for to go, "For me, you need to do something special to get a ten." Brief pause. "And that WASN'T something special."

Don't go and get his hopes up and them give him an 8! What the heck was that, Len?

Custom Title
    So, I guess everyone is going to do an individual dance and then a dance with another couple next week. Sounds cool to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=781wvrab7Wg

EDIT: And some sort of updates on Amy:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...njury/8450283/

Custom Title
    Every year there is a dancer that Len chooses out to be really persnickety about - and this year it's Charlie! I thought Len was pretty much out of line last night. The other thing I've noticed, and it's kind of been mentioned here, is that Charlie is used to presenting his partner! That's what has made him special (to me) as an ice dancer. That doesn't translate so well on the dance floor when his partner is trying to present him. And of course Meryl is more lithe - she's the one who's been thrown around and has had to jump and leap and twist on the ice. But I do think Len needs to let up a bit.

Then, too, putting Charlie in jeopardy and having the judges pick on him might be a strategy for getting viewers to vote for him this week.

Custom Title
    On GMA this morning, Tony apparently said that Charlie's knee is injured (makes sense, that was where he messed up... and um why is he doing spinny things on an injured knee to begin with??) and Meryl's toe is broken??? Apparently she broke it with Val during the switch week but kept it quiet?

I'm trying to find the video of it to make sure, but that's what someone at FSU said.

ETA: If their strategy was to gin up votes/outrage for Charlie, it worked. THis is the most I've seen him talked about since the first two weeks.

Page 82 of 207 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 132 182 ... LastLast