Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: (The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Flaya View Post
    Disappointed with only 33 ladies and 32 men competing, horrible!

The TES scores must be decreased, it looks more like Grand Prix Final and not Worlds!

I like the line-ups though.

After having thought about that, Sotnikova should have competed. This could have been her chance for a medal at Worlds or even winning it with Mao being inconsistent.

Imagine, Yulia, A. Pogorilaya plus Radionova and the two other other top 3 girls from Junior Worlds, Sotnikova might not be able to make national team next year.
    When was the last time an Olympic champion who didn't retire didn't make their national world team? Has it ever happened? Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering, no insult to Sotnikova. IIRC, Sarah Hughes made the world team the year after her Olympic win but finished out of the medals.

Disappointed with only 33 ladies and 32 men competing, horrible!

The TES scores must be decreased, it looks more like Grand Prix Final and not Worlds!

I like the line-ups though.

After having thought about that, Sotnikova should have competed. This could have been her chance for a medal at Worlds or even winning it with Mao being inconsistent.

Imagine, Yulia, A. Pogorilaya plus Radionova and the two other other top 3 girls from Junior Worlds, Sotnikova might not be able to make national team next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    When was the last time an Olympic champion who didn't retire didn't make their national world team? Has it ever happened? Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering, no insult to Sotnikova. IIRC, Sarah Hughes made the world team the year after her Olympic win but finished out of the medals.
    For what it's worth, 2/3 of the medalists at Jr. Worlds. are too young, along with Proklova and Sotskova. So Sotnikova's only additional competition is Radionova.

As for an OGM not making their world team...i'm honestly not sure if that's ever happened.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    For what it's worth, 2/3 of the medalists at Jr. Worlds. are too young, along with Proklova and Sotskova. So Sotnikova's only additional competition is Radionova.

As for an OGM not making their world team...i'm honestly not sure if that's ever happened.
    You have a point, but take Radionova and Lipnitskaya if there are only 2 spots available for Russia next year and we are not even discussing Pogorilaya, Liza T. or A. Leonova.

All I'm saying is that Sotnikova could end up, let's say, 5th at Russian championships. And Proklova/Sotskova are not going anywhere in the future either.

Medalist
    You have a point, but take Radionova and Lipnitskaya if there are only 2 spots available for Russia next year and we are not even discussing Pogorilaya, Liza T. or A. Leonova.

All I'm saying is that Sotnikova could end up, let's say, 5th at Russian championships. And Proklova/Sotskova are not going anywhere in the future either.
    First of all we don't know how Radionova will deal with puberty and growth. I think she's already grew up a little bit (it was visible at the Junior Worlds), and her jumps were lower comparing to the beginning of the season. Lipnitskaya will also deal with the body changes. So, who knows.

Secondly, no matter which results will be at Russian Nationals 2015. If Russian Federation wants someone to be in the team they will have dozens explanations why exactly this person should go to Euros, Worlds, etc. regardless of the results. They always can have an additional closed control skates. How convenient. And of course the name of the skating club and coach play a big role. So, i think if Adelina wants to go she will go.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Starting orders for Pairs SP and Men SP have been posted.

All I'm saying is that Sotnikova could end up, let's say, 5th at Russian championships
    Impossible, Adelina is 4-times National champion.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

All I'm saying is that Sotnikova could end up, let's say, 5th at Russian championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    Impossible, Adelina is 4-times National champion.
    Erm, can I just remind you that my beloved Liza was reigning champion going into this year's Russian Nationals. How many times has Liza been on the podium in Russian Nationals over the years? And, er, where did she finish this year (having skated better than she has in ages)...?

If others skate better than you on the day, it doesn't matter if you're a 5-time champion or regular podium finisher. You might end up lower down the results than expected.

Anyway, I was just making my predictions for the final round of the Predictions Game (If you want to join in, see this thread), and I noticed some more things.

Where is Elene Gedevanishvilli?! I hope she hasn't retired already! We need her to stick around until Nikol Gosviani is allowed to compete for Georgia...

Also, who is Netta SCHREIBER, and why has she been chosen to represent Israel? I was fully expecting Polina S to get the Israeli spot.

And while we are on the subject of Israeli entries, why are Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI not competing in the Pairs? It's a shame they're not at Worlds, because they did really well at the Olympics. (I had them in my Top 15 Predictions for Olympics, and they finished 15th, so that is why I noticed them missing now)

Oh, I can't wait for it to kick off!

Good luck everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    And while we are on the subject of Israeli entries, why are Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI not competing in the Pairs?
    They have split, both have profiles on IPS now.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skateforever View Post
    They have split, both have profiles on IPS now.
    Oh, I didn't hear that.

With fear of repeating myself, it's a real shame because they were doing really well together, expecially considering they had not been together too long.

I just found an interview with Andrea on Absolute Skating, and by the sounds of things she was as shocked by the split as the rest of us.

So, I don't know what's behind it. When I read the story, my first thought was "Aha! Evgeniy's getting rid of Andrea because he's got somebody else lined up!" But, if he's on Ice Partner Search, then that's clearly not the case (unless it's a smokescreen...)

Whatever the story, it seems a very ruthless way to end what was a VERY promising partnership.

Good luck in finding a new partner Andrea!

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Who would want to team with a guy who ends a partnership so abruptly? His results were blah until he teamed with Andrea, so it's not as if he's the most talented pairs skater out there. He might be the most delusional, though!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Who would want to team with a guy who ends a partnership so abruptly? His results were blah until he teamed with Andrea, so it's not as if he's the most talented pairs skater out there. He might be the most delusional, though!
    That's only her side of the story, though.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Also, who is Netta SCHREIBER, and why has she been chosen to represent Israel? I was fully expecting Polina S to get the Israeli spot.
    Netta Schreiber: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054310.htm

Polina competed for Russia last season and has to sit out this season I believe.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Danielle Montalbano has beaten Polina Shelepen at Israeli Nationals.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12