(The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

(The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ok, so it seems that the Israeli Federation just didn't notify the ISU and Davidovich/Krasnapolski have already split and won't be at Worlds.

Given the frostiness of both K&C appearances, that break up was hardly a surprise.

elif

Medalist
Leonova beat pogorilaya at Russian nationals and did well at euros. It should be leonova. She must have refused COr final or has been retired like sokolova. It's too bad because unlike sokolova she was doing well when the russian dumped her. This is like a banning. At least leonova knows she left on a real upswing now that she has been retired.

Leonova didn't skated good at Euros.:rolleye: She got 114 with crazy program component score.(only 49 TES) Pogorilaya's bad skate in grand prix final got 112. (only 60 TES) How this is fair to Pogorilaya, who only lost Leonova to nationals short program?

Pogorilaya's scores:

CoC - 118.87
TES: 62.15 PCS:56.23
TEB - 124.66
TES: 65.17 PCS:59.49
GPF - 112.07
TES: 60.01 PCS:54.06

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am actually excited to see Pogorilaya on the list. For all the hatred Adelina gets, it is a wise decision not to go to Japan (very close to Korea). Think about Wagner even death threats by being selected on the Olympic team. She probably also gets her hand full now doing shows in Russia.

Pogorilaya is one of my fav Russian girls. I like her fighter personality and unique style. Hope she won't fall on her 2A this time. Good luck Anna:)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ziggy, I've just checked the Korean ladies - the other two with TES are too young :(.

Btw, I'm also surprised to see Lavrentieva/Rudyk are so favoured over Usmantseva/Talan who seemed quite decent at Nebelhorn Trophy...
Otoh, Heekin-Canedy/Dun lost their position...

And I'm really curious whether Elene Gedevanishvili plans to continue her career... It's crazy that she doesn't have the TES while McCorkell does!

Did they change the min. scores? I thought Elene was at Worlds last year.

Flaya

Match Penalty
I find the numbers low, 37 ladies and 38 men competing, I wish the minimum scores were somewhat lower.

By the way, my understanding is that some skaters can still make it to Worlds based on ongoing and future international events such as Junior Worlds.

Someone gave the example of Agata Kryger who could qualify to Worlds though Junior Worlds.

Does anyone know what is the date when we will be able to see the final list of skaters?

Nirti

Medalist
Someone gave the example of Agata Kryger who could qualify to Worlds though Junior Worlds.

Does anyone know what is the date when we will be able to see the final list of skaters?

Usually only 2-3 days before the beginning of the competition. We will know more about the unconfirmed entries after the Challenge Cup (Harris, Virtanen, Parekh, Maxwell), the Sportland Trophy (Grm, Ceric) and the Coupe du Printemps (maybe Raya, Tsao and Hayrapetyan? But no entry list yet)

But for all these skaters, it will be very hard to obtain these TES. So 34 men and 35 ladies will be more probable.
And there is some (rare) skaters that don't use their possibility to compete, as Isadora Williams.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am actually excited to see Pogorilaya on the list. For all the hatred Adelina gets, it is a wise decision not to go to Japan (very close to Korea). Think about Wagner even death threats by being selected on the Olympic team. She probably also gets her hand full now doing shows in Russia.

Pogorilaya is one of my fav Russian girls. I like her fighter personality and unique style. Hope she won't fall on her 2A this time. Good luck Anna:)

Me too!!! Lipnitskaya is the most successful one among 13-15 years old girls this season but I think Anna is the one who developed the most!! Wishing her a very impressive World Championships debut in Japan! Hope she will make the top 6!

And I also agree that it's better for Adelina not to overshadow her Olympic victory with another big pressure at Worlds. All the skating world is expecting her to prove herself now. That's a big pressure for anyone but especially if you are 17 years old, and if your social accounts are full of hateful comments...

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
I may be alone in this opinion but I think it would be awesome to see Adelina compete at Worlds.
Kind of like saying, "I'm not going to be intimidated by what happened in Sochi. I don't care if Worlds IS taking place so close to Korea. I'm here to prove that my OGM was no fluke."

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm a bit confused, because I had read that Adelina was actually planning to attend Worlds... :confused:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm a bit confused, because I had read that Adelina was actually planning to attend Worlds... :confused:
I'm not sure it's definite yet, whether she will compete or not.

She is listed as a substitute... and I heard that final decisions are yet to be made as to who will actually compete (same for Volosozhar/Trankov).

It could be as simple as erring on the side of caution: if there is any doubt, best to NOT let fans, and people hoping to see the new Olympic champions, pay for tickets, flights, hotels etc... until they are sure they won't end up angry and disappointed!

ILoveFigures

On the Ice

Then what about next year? Worlds 2015 will be in Shanghai, which is also close to Korea :think:

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I heard that the Russian Fed will decide whether Adelina will go to Worlds after 10th March - after she returns from shows. Personally, i don't think she will go to Worlds. It's not enough time for preparation to that kind of competitions. So, you either prepare for Worlds or do so many shows. But the worst thing is that Anna should wait for the decision of RFed and the atmosphere of uncertainty is bad for effective preparation for such important competitions.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I am ecstatic to find out that S/S can now end their career with a 5th win at Worlds. Ditch the 3Axel and go cleanish and they'll likely beat anyone. Especially since it's it Japan and not Russia. So nice of V/T to pull out. :)

volk

Final Flight
I heard that the Russian Fed will decide whether Adelina will go to Worlds after 10th March - after she returns from shows. Personally, i don't think she will go to Worlds. It's not enough time for preparation to that kind of competitions. So, you either prepare for Worlds or do so many shows. But the worst thing is that Anna should wait for the decision of RFed and the atmosphere of uncertainty is bad for effective preparation for such important competitions.

They will decide for her?:think: Anyway, she shouldn't have gone on the tour which would exhaust her before the Worlds.