(The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

(The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
He's injured. He has announced after the Olympics that he will probably not go to Worlds.

Thank you for the info. I know that Denis has been battling injuries but he did so well in Sochi that I thought he was
healed and I was looking forward to seeing him at Worlds and on the podium. Wishing Denis a speedy recovery.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
whoa whoa whoa....no Sotnikova? Anyone have any clue as to why? I thought she announced she was definitely going? I don't want to sit through the horror of Pogorilaya. Is Russia crazy? They think they can get 3 spots with Pogo?

And why no Denis Ten?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Don't they get 3 spots if Julia wins? Maybe that's the plan. Three spots are important, I wanna see Elena next season.

PftJump

On the Ice
If Julia win (or 2nd), Russia will get 3 spots.
But I don't think it's possible outside Russia.
There are Asada, Costner, Suzuki, Murakami... the real Seniors...

SamuraiKike

Medalist
s...

No, if Julia wins Pogorilaya needs to be at least 12th to get 3 spots. The rule you're stating only applies when there's just one entry, where there's two, the sum of their placements needs to be 13 or less.

Country
Russia
But I don't think it's possible outside Russia.
There are Asada, Costner, Suzuki, Murakami... the real Seniors...
Yes, they are.

Julia, I believe, has chance to be ahead any of them, except Asada.

Anna Pogorilaya - some info.
She earned her personal best (and season best of this season) not in Russia, in France (TEB).
Now she is 12th in Season Best list.
But Sotnikova, Yuna Kim, Radionova, Miyahara are not in Main Entries list of Worlds.
So she is 8th of Worlds competitors on Season Best.

Few days ago Pogorilaya won Final of Russian Cup, where skated well.
There were all the best Russian Senior Ladies, except Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova and Leonova.

So Verner decided to do Worlds, after all. Takahashi decided to withdraw because of his injuries, I guess. I think it's fair that Caluza gets Worlds, given Martinez got Olympics. I still can't get over Brown being screwed out of Worlds. :(

Why didn't South Korea send a third female skater? Nobody with the required minimums? Finally some justice for Joshi who is picked over her sister. It's good to see Ovcharova with the minimums. Shame she didn't manage to do it before Euros. Kryger doesn't have a 3loop so she never had a chance of making the SP minimum at Junior Worlds. I am happy but very surprised that Pogorilaya has been selected. But it makes sense. She has a better chance to place well than Leonova, I think. And she is the future.

Given Davidovich and Krasnapolski are on Ice Partner Search, why are they doing Worlds? Did they change their mind or is going to be one last competition for them? I hope Savchenko/Szolkowy can skate their best and end their career on a high note. I wouldn't survive them losing to overmarked Stolbova/Klimov. I am very surprised that Ukrainian Federation is sending Lavrentieva/Rudyk given their poor Euros and Olympics performances. I would have sent Usmantseva/Talan.

I am very glad that both Virtue/Moir and Davis/White are out. It's going to make for a very interesting competition. I see Papadakis/Cizeron were picked over Carron/Jones. Are C/J injured? It would be amazing if Pechalat/Bourzat could skate their best and end their career with a gold medal. But it will be very hard. I see that after the disasters at Euros and Olympics, Heekin-Canedy/Dun were dropped in favour of Frolenkova/Nikiforov. Interesting, given the same didn't happen in Pairs.

whoa whoa whoa....no Sotnikova? Anyone have any clue as to why? I thought she announced she was definitely going? I don't want to sit through the horror of Pogorilaya. Is Russia crazy? They think they can get 3 spots with Pogo?

Yes, they can get 3 spots with her. She has high BV in both programs. If she lands her jumps, she should place well enough.

shah

Rinkside
I assume ISU won't stoop to lower any TES Minimums which would allow a few more skaters compete. Perfect :bang:!

Country
Russia
Why didn't South Korea send a third female skater? Nobody with the required minimums?
Yes, only three Ladies (Yuna KIM, So Youn PARK, Hae Jin KIM) who are age eligible and have technical minimum for Worlds.

Nirti

Medalist
Gedevanishvili has not minimum technical score in FS for Worlds, he has 43.54 (needed not less than 46).

yes, but she's listed for the Challenge Cup in Den Haag, as Fleur Maxwell, Ami Parekh, Javier Raya, Valtter Virtanen and Philip Harris, who are listed for Worlds with a *. So why Elene would be in Netherlands if she doesn't plan to go to Worlds in the case of she achieves the 46 points...

shah

Rinkside
Ziggy, I've just checked the Korean ladies - the other two with TES are too young :(.

Btw, I'm also surprised to see Lavrentieva/Rudyk are so favoured over Usmantseva/Talan who seemed quite decent at Nebelhorn Trophy...
Otoh, Heekin-Canedy/Dun lost their position...

And I'm really curious whether Elene Gedevanishvili plans to continue her career... It's crazy that she doesn't have the TES while McCorkell does!

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Anna Ovcharova at Worlds :love:
A bit surprised that Leonova isn't the second Russian since Sotnikova isn't going.

Ok, so it seems that the Israeli Federation just didn't notify the ISU and Davidovich/Krasnapolski have already split and won't be at Worlds.

Npmonice

Rinkside

gmyers

Record Breaker
Leonova beat pogorilaya at Russian nationals and did well at euros. It should be leonova. She must have refused COr final or has been retired like sokolova. It's too bad because unlike sokolova she was doing well when the russian dumped her. This is like a banning. At least leonova knows she left on a real upswing now that she has been retired.