Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: (The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    The real entries list is up.

Russia: Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya

Sotnikova is a substitute.
    Glad that the indisputable ISU list finally has been posted. Thx for the official link, snowflake.

Custom Title
    So the list of dev.skating was real... It seems they have strong links with the ISU.

Surprising to see Davidovich/Krasnopolski and no Gedevanishvili!

Thank you! Adelina will not attend.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    For real, Pogorilaya? Meh, I really wanted to see Sotnikova and how she would have done here. That Worlds is turning out to be a disappointment after almost all interesting battles won't happen. But this is probably THE chance for Julia.

Custom Title
    No Volosozhar/Trankov... the door is open for Savchenko/Szolkowy to take a FIFTH world title...

No Chan, and he was the only one to beat Hanyu this season...

Ice Dance will be fun without D/W and V/M... the competition is now for ALL medals not just the bronze!

Denis Ten is not on the entry list?????

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Denis Ten is not on the entry list?????
    He's injured. He has announced after the Olympics that he will probably not go to Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    He's injured. He has announced after the Olympics that he will probably not go to Worlds.
    Thank you for the info. I know that Denis has been battling injuries but he did so well in Sochi that I thought he was
    healed and I was looking forward to seeing him at Worlds and on the podium. Wishing Denis a speedy recovery.

Custom Title
    whoa whoa whoa....no Sotnikova? Anyone have any clue as to why? I thought she announced she was definitely going? I don't want to sit through the horror of Pogorilaya. Is Russia crazy? They think they can get 3 spots with Pogo?

And why no Denis Ten?

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Don't they get 3 spots if Julia wins? Maybe that's the plan. Three spots are important, I wanna see Elena next season.

Custom Title
    If Julia win (or 2nd), Russia will get 3 spots.
    But I don't think it's possible outside Russia.
    There are Asada, Costner, Suzuki, Murakami... the real Seniors...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    Surprising to see Davidovich/Krasnopolski and no Gedevanishvili!
    Gedevanishvili has not minimum technical score in FS for Worlds, he has 43.54 (needed not less than 46).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    s...
    No, if Julia wins Pogorilaya needs to be at least 12th to get 3 spots. The rule you're stating only applies when there's just one entry, where there's two, the sum of their placements needs to be 13 or less.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    But I don't think it's possible outside Russia.
    There are Asada, Costner, Suzuki, Murakami... the real Seniors...
    Yes, they are.

Julia, I believe, has chance to be ahead any of them, except Asada.

Anna Pogorilaya - some info.
    She earned her personal best (and season best of this season) not in Russia, in France (TEB).
    Now she is 12th in Season Best list.
    But Sotnikova, Yuna Kim, Radionova, Miyahara are not in Main Entries list of Worlds.
    So she is 8th of Worlds competitors on Season Best.

Few days ago Pogorilaya won Final of Russian Cup, where skated well.
    There were all the best Russian Senior Ladies, except Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova and Leonova.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    So Verner decided to do Worlds, after all. Takahashi decided to withdraw because of his injuries, I guess. I think it's fair that Caluza gets Worlds, given Martinez got Olympics. I still can't get over Brown being screwed out of Worlds. :(

Why didn't South Korea send a third female skater? Nobody with the required minimums? Finally some justice for Joshi who is picked over her sister. It's good to see Ovcharova with the minimums. Shame she didn't manage to do it before Euros. Kryger doesn't have a 3loop so she never had a chance of making the SP minimum at Junior Worlds. I am happy but very surprised that Pogorilaya has been selected. But it makes sense. She has a better chance to place well than Leonova, I think. And she is the future.

Given Davidovich and Krasnapolski are on Ice Partner Search, why are they doing Worlds? Did they change their mind or is going to be one last competition for them? I hope Savchenko/Szolkowy can skate their best and end their career on a high note. I wouldn't survive them losing to overmarked Stolbova/Klimov. I am very surprised that Ukrainian Federation is sending Lavrentieva/Rudyk given their poor Euros and Olympics performances. I would have sent Usmantseva/Talan.

I am very glad that both Virtue/Moir and Davis/White are out. It's going to make for a very interesting competition. I see Papadakis/Cizeron were picked over Carron/Jones. Are C/J injured? It would be amazing if Pechalat/Bourzat could skate their best and end their career with a gold medal. But it will be very hard. I see that after the disasters at Euros and Olympics, Heekin-Canedy/Dun were dropped in favour of Frolenkova/Nikiforov. Interesting, given the same didn't happen in Pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    whoa whoa whoa....no Sotnikova? Anyone have any clue as to why? I thought she announced she was definitely going? I don't want to sit through the horror of Pogorilaya. Is Russia crazy? They think they can get 3 spots with Pogo?
    Yes, they can get 3 spots with her. She has high BV in both programs. If she lands her jumps, she should place well enough.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast