Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: (The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

Rinkside
    I assume ISU won't stoop to lower any TES Minimums which would allow a few more skaters compete. Perfect !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Why didn't South Korea send a third female skater? Nobody with the required minimums?
    Yes, only three Ladies (Yuna KIM, So Youn PARK, Hae Jin KIM) who are age eligible and have technical minimum for Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Gedevanishvili has not minimum technical score in FS for Worlds, he has 43.54 (needed not less than 46).
    yes, but she's listed for the Challenge Cup in Den Haag, as Fleur Maxwell, Ami Parekh, Javier Raya, Valtter Virtanen and Philip Harris, who are listed for Worlds with a *. So why Elene would be in Netherlands if she doesn't plan to go to Worlds in the case of she achieves the 46 points...

Rinkside
    Ziggy, I've just checked the Korean ladies - the other two with TES are too young :(.

Btw, I'm also surprised to see Lavrentieva/Rudyk are so favoured over Usmantseva/Talan who seemed quite decent at Nebelhorn Trophy...
    Otoh, Heekin-Canedy/Dun lost their position...

And I'm really curious whether Elene Gedevanishvili plans to continue her career... It's crazy that she doesn't have the TES while McCorkell does!

Anna Ovcharova at Worlds
    A bit surprised that Leonova isn't the second Russian since Sotnikova isn't going.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Ok, so it seems that the Israeli Federation just didn't notify the ISU and Davidovich/Krasnapolski have already split and won't be at Worlds.

Custom Title
    So happy for Pogorilaya. She have very good 3lutz+3toe. She is 15 and she looks like a princess too.

Her performances at russia final cup, couple of days ago,
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_kzHI55z1g[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm8O4xvnu2w[/url]

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    So happy for Pogorilaya. She have very good 3lutz+3toe. She is 15 and she looks like a princess too.

Her performances at russia final cup, couple of days ago,
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_kzHI55z1g[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm8O4xvnu2w[/url]
    Strange how the SP link works for me, but I'm not allowed to see the LP in my country :( oh well I have seen enough of her already this season to know that she is a better choice than Leonova IMO.

Custom Title
    Leonova beat pogorilaya at Russian nationals and did well at euros. It should be leonova. She must have refused COr final or has been retired like sokolova. It's too bad because unlike sokolova she was doing well when the russian dumped her. This is like a banning. At least leonova knows she left on a real upswing now that she has been retired.

Tripping on the Podium
    This is ISU official page
    [url]http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028068.htm[/url]
    Adelina is listed as a substitute. Well, I'm disappointed. She is probably too scared to fail.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ok, so it seems that the Israeli Federation just didn't notify the ISU and Davidovich/Krasnapolski have already split and won't be at Worlds.
    Given the frostiness of both K&C appearances, that break up was hardly a surprise.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Leonova beat pogorilaya at Russian nationals and did well at euros. It should be leonova. She must have refused COr final or has been retired like sokolova. It's too bad because unlike sokolova she was doing well when the russian dumped her. This is like a banning. At least leonova knows she left on a real upswing now that she has been retired.
    Leonova didn't skated good at Euros. She got 114 with crazy program component score.(only 49 TES) Pogorilaya's bad skate in grand prix final got 112. (only 60 TES) How this is fair to Pogorilaya, who only lost Leonova to nationals short program?

Pogorilaya's scores:

CoC - 118.87
    TES: 62.15 PCS:56.23
    TEB - 124.66
    TES: 65.17 PCS:59.49
    GPF - 112.07
    TES: 60.01 PCS:54.06

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Leonova didn't skated good at Euros. She got 114 with crazy program component score.(only 49 TES)
    For what wasn't much of a program.

Custom Title
    Papadakis/Cizeron selected over Carron/Jones

Custom Title
    I am actually excited to see Pogorilaya on the list. For all the hatred Adelina gets, it is a wise decision not to go to Japan (very close to Korea). Think about Wagner even death threats by being selected on the Olympic team. She probably also gets her hand full now doing shows in Russia.

Pogorilaya is one of my fav Russian girls. I like her fighter personality and unique style. Hope she won't fall on her 2A this time. Good luck Anna

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast