Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: (The Ever-Changing) Entry List Worlds 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasi14 View Post
    I heard that the Russian Fed will decide whether Adelina will go to Worlds after 10th March - after she returns from shows. Personally, i don't think she will go to Worlds. It's not enough time for preparation to that kind of competitions. So, you either prepare for Worlds or do so many shows. But the worst thing is that Anna should wait for the decision of RFed and the atmosphere of uncertainty is bad for effective preparation for such important competitions.
    I wonder if Leonova was actually offered Worlds and turned it down for that reason..

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Did they change the min. scores? I thought Elene was at Worlds last year.
    You have to reach the minimum score at least once in the current or preceding season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You have to reach the minimum score at least once in the current or preceding season.
    Oh ok, thanks. I didn't know she hadn't.

Custom Title
    How come Pang & Edwards are listed as Canada's substitute in Ice Dance? I would have thought it would be Orford & Williams or Ralph & Hill.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028070.htm

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Oh ok, thanks. I didn't know she hadn't.
    I haven't checked but I imagine that her last FS where she had reached the minimum score was two seasons ago. So it was enough for Worlds last year but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    How come Pang & Edwards are listed as Canada's substitute in Ice Dance? I would have thought it would be Orford & Williams or Ralph & Hill.

No idea, it looks really strange to me as well.

Tripping on the Podium
    I wonder if Leonova was actually offered Worlds and turned it down for that reason..
    It's a strange situation with Leonova. She was the first substitute to the OG, so i thought she should have been the first substitute for the Worlds too. And i think that it was very predictable that one Adelina or Julia won't go to Worlds, so Leonova should have been prepared. But she didn't show up at the Russian Cup final (Anna was there and performed good). I don't know what is wrong with Leonova, there is no information about injuries. Maybe her coach was so busy with his others.

Custom Title
    No idea, it looks really strange to me as well.
    Yeah, that's why I thought I'd ask if anyone else knew what it was about.

Of course, it only matters in the unlikely event that one of the 3 ice dance teams gets injured before Worlds, but I found it odd that Canada's #7 team was chosen as the Substitute. Edwards & Pang only came out of Juniors within the last year. I would have thought Orford & Williams or Ralph & Hill would be next in line, since the latter 2 teams were at 4 Continents and did fairly well, and R&H have already been to a Worlds.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Re Pechalat/Bourzat, for anyone still wondering whether to believe the official entry list:

@PechalatBourzat
    En route pour les championnats du Monde ! Worlds, we are definitely coming !! http://fb.me/1df5aqeNx
    2:16 PM - 7 Mar 2014
    https://twitter.com/PechalatBourzat/...61174797246465

Custom Title
    Well, I guess P&B didn't carry through with their announced retirement after their FD in Sochi...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post

Weird, but maybe R&H and O&W didn't have the min. scores in one of the programs?

Custom Title
    Added a few names to the men's competition, as both Denis Ten and Brian Joubert will not be there. (Not sure if Brian has always intimated that he would not go to Worlds, but there it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    @LynnRutherford's non-official answer to basically the same question makes sense to me:
    I believe USFS tries to give skaters opportunity to maintain ISU points, rankings, exposure. Aaron 7th in world last season.
    2:12 PM - 22 Feb 2014
    https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/s...49262901657600

USFS never has given and presumably never will give an official comment on the matter.
    By this rationale, the team should be Max and Jason.

Jeremy needs neither ISU points nor rankings nor exposure as he's retiring anyway. Jason & Max need all these things, as well as that 3rd spot for next year...

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    By this rationale, the team should be Max and Jason.

Jeremy needs neither ISU points nor rankings nor exposure as he's retiring anyway. Jason & Max need all these things, as well as that 3rd spot for next year...
    According to other GS members, US Figure Skating has a rule that the national champion automatically is assigned to Worlds.

(I have no reason to believe otherwise, although I have never looked up the official language.)

According to other GS members, US Figure Skating has a rule that the national champion automatically is assigned to Worlds.

(I have no reason to believe otherwise, although I have never looked up the official language.)
    I know...but it's too bad for the kids. Right now, Jeremy is doing this for himself and himself only, while if he retired he'd do a favour for the young 'uns (allowing them that exposure and those points) and open a door for three spots next year (Jason & Max both are more likely to place in top ten).

I don't dislike Jeremy in any way shape or form & really hope he'll do well, but it's very unlikely. For this reason, I'd love to see him leave on a high note after a great FS in Sochi. I really don't want to see another implosion, I'd feel bad for him AND for the up-and-coming skaters who would be affected by it.... If he gets awful scores, it'll be sad to think that he'll look back to his last competition and cringe instead of smiling. Right now, I think he has every reason to smile looking back at his last performance

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Perhaps we could merge both worlds entries threads?

Yes, it's in the USFS' rules.

I think Abbott should not even attempt the quad and focus on skating two clean programs. If he does all his triples, he will place very well and his 4toe is so inconsistent it's not worth the risk.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast