Michelle on Today Show | Golden Skate

Michelle on Today Show

Aarrrgh! I just missed Michelle on with Katie Curic. (If you're on the West Coast, she comes on near the end of the 8:30 - 9:00 half hour.) Did anyone see it? What did she say? The only part I caught was Katie saying, "Well, I hope things will get more..um...settled for you."

Mathman

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I saw it. They basically just talked about all the happenings at worlds. The majority of the time they talked about the time deduction. Michelle still seems extremely confused about it. She said she's been doing the program for 2 years, and nothing was ever said, and after every runthrough in Germany it was clocked at 2:40. Also she said that the referee didn't blow the whistle when her time was over.

Other than that Kate congraulated her on her 9th consecutive medal and they talked about COI at the end.

Thanks, BSF. Did she say anything about the idiot on the ice, and whether that affected her mental preparation for the LP?

MM

PS. You know, it's a good thing that it was Michelle that was hit with a time deduction and not one of her rivals. Can you imagine the uproar if people thought that some other skater was being deliberately chacked to let Michelle win?

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I saw some of it. It should be on in the midwest in about 15 minutes and Mountains an hour and 15 min. Mostly talked about the time problem, a little on the guy, etc.
I am so glad I have a satellite and can get 3 time zones. It won't last long as they are discontinuing so many things on the large dish. After I just got a new one a couple of years ago am going to have to rethink what to do. Satellite or small dish. Neither will have all the great freebies and extras you get on the big dish. Of course, they are disappearing too. :mad:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
well she said she went through so many emotions, she saw him on the ice and her first thought was "I've got to focus, you can't look at this guy" Then she realized that they didn't have metal detectors and she got scared becuase people were yelling at her to get off the ice. Then she laughed a little and THEN she had to skate.

I don't know who else could have handled it so well.

BTW mathman...if you didn't know She'll be on "The View" today. It usually comes on at 10 or 11 am, depending where youlive.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the mountain time zone and should be able to get it. I will put it on my DVR, so if anyone is desparate, PM me. Sorry - I can't do this for free so....

Grgranny - I would love to talk to you about the "big" satellite dish sometime. I may PM you.

I will also get todays broadcast of The View.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I have the Today Show on right now, but I think I may have missed Michelle-Katie is with a chef right now making salads. But, I'm going to watch The View!:p

R.D.

Record Breaker
I happened to be watching the Today show shortly before I left for school, and they said that she would be coming on. So I popped a tape in my VCR and managed to record it. Basically she talks about the crazy things that happened at worlds, including the time deduction and the guy on the ice. There wasn't any new info given that we don't know about, BTW.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I taped her interview on "The View", and although I didn't see the "Today Show", I am guessing she discussed the same things, the streaker, the time issue on the short program, and her plans for Torino..........as to the Oly's in Torino, she is not going to commit herself one way or the other.........I guess that leaves us guessing, folks...........:( 42

Panther2000

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Thanks, BSF. Did she say anything about the idiot on the ice, and whether that affected her mental preparation for the LP?

MM

PS. You know, it's a good thing that it was Michelle that was hit with a time deduction and not one of her rivals. Can you imagine the uproar if people thought that some other skater was being deliberately chacked to let Michelle win?

I agree Mathman, samething goes for letting the deduction stand. Even if they made a mistake ( which they did not), As a Michelle fan. I would rather her have the deduction & staying 4th place at the time than, having the deduction omitted & moving back into 2nd place where she truly would have been. This way no one can say that they are playing favorites. Yeah, she would have ended up with a Silver instead of a Bronze. As long as she medaled in my mind. It seems more honest this way & there will be no one saying that because of a screwup michelle got this or that medal. Unlike the Canadian & russian pairs from SLC. MIchelle medal in untarnished.