Oscars in Figure Skating 2013-2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Oscars in Figure Skating 2013-2014

Hamil

Rinkside
What about a life time achievement award? Do they have that at the oscars. If not we should :)

This way I can put Tatiana Tarasova up for an award ;)

Tarasova is disqualified due to her corrupted mind selling out her conscience. :scowl:
Anybody with a right mindset wouldn't make comments like her last interview on Yuna.
She is a strong candidate for the Hall of Shame.

Npmonice

Rinkside
Tarasova is disqualified due to her corrupted mind selling out her conscience. :scowl:
Anybody with a right mindset wouldn't make comments like her last interview on Yuna.

Maybe I can nominate her for this award then along with my first nominee.

Golden raspberry award

Ottavio Cinquanta

Meoima

Match Penalty

I am not her fan but to be fair, no coach has ever archived much as Tarasova. Her students have won seven Olympic gold medals in three of the four Olympic figure skating disciplines, not to mention 41 gold medals at the European and World championships. She is, no doubt, qualified for the role Godmother of figure skating. (as in the Godfather movie, lol)

wootie

Match Penalty
I am not her fan but to be fair, no coach has ever archived much as Tarasova. Her students have won seven Olympic gold medals in three of the four Olympic figure skating disciplines, not to mention 41 gold medals at the European and World championships. She is, no doubt, qualified for the role Godmother of figure skating. (as in the Godfather movie, lol)

I suppose when you look like the female version of Marlon Brando from The Godfather, yes, you can claim to be the Godmother of figure skating.

Btw, a lot of her skaters have "won" due to political maneuvering, not just raw talent. Oh, but that's sort of part of the whole mafiosa thing. So, yes, she definitely is the Godmother of figure skating. Looks + sketchy deals = Tatiana Tarasova: The Godmother

usethis2

Medalist
Best Jennifer Lawrence: Patrick Chan
For a moment I thought it was "Best Jennifer Lopez" and got confused. :rofl:

I suppose when you look like the female version of Marlon Brando from The Godfather, yes, you can claim to be the Godmother of figure skating.

Btw, a lot of her skaters have "won" due to political maneuvering, not just raw talent. Oh, but that's sort of part of the whole mafiosa thing. So, yes, she definitely is the Godmother of figure skating. Looks + sketchy deals = Tatiana Tarasova: The Godmother
Sounds about right. I do wonder, though, just what the heck her bargaining chip is. Or were people physically assaulted by her? I would totally believe it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sounds about right. I do wonder, though, just what the heck her bargaining chip is. Or were people physically assaulted by her? I would totally believe it.

She only needed to show her face, glaring at the judges, I suppose, scary enough for me. :bow: I wonder how large is her underground network, though. :confused:

Come to think of it, which awards should Plushy and Yagudin have? Not to mention their historic rivalry, any ideas?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Best Costume
- Ladies : Julia's Red coat dress
- Men: Yuzuru's Romeo's lace dress
- Pairs: V/T Masquerade dance dress
- Ice Dance: I/K black swan dress

Best Short Program
- Ladies: Carolina's Ave Maria
- Men: Yuzuru's Rock Star program
- Pairs: V/T Masquarade Waltz
- Ice Dance: D/W My Fair Lady

Best Free Skate
- Ladies: Julia's Shindler's List
- Men: Yuzuru's Romeo & Juliet
- Pairs: P/T Les Miserables
- Ice Dance: I/K Swan Lake

Best Coach: Eteri Tutberidze

Best Choreographer: Ilia Averbukh

Best Skater
- Ladies: Gracie Gold
- Men: Yuzuru Hanyu
- Pairs: V/T
- Ice Dance: D/W

Best Music: Shindler's List

shellbell757

Rinkside
Yay - a fun thread! This is just for the Olympics:

Best Costume
- Ladies: Lipnitskaya SP
- Men: Chan LP
- Pairs: Volosozhar SP
- Dance: Tessa Virtue FD

Best Short Program
- Ladies: Kostner
- Men: Hanyu
- Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov
- Dance: Virtue/Moir

Best Free Skate
- Ladies: Kostner
- Men: Ten
- Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov (Don't like the program though)
- Dance: Tie - Virtue/Moir & Davis/White

Best Coach: Marina Zoueva or Frank Carroll

Best Choreographer: Marina Zoueva

Best Skater
- Ladies: Yuna or Kostner
- Mens: Meh, I don't love any of them, but probably Chan
- Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov
- Dance: Tie - Virtue/Moir & Davis/White

Best Music: Bolero (Kostner)

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Best Lupita Nyong'o: Jason Brown.

I'm new, I'm so talented, I'm the nicest person ever, and I AM JUST SO HAPPY TO BE HERE.

Oh and I'm the best dressed obvi.

bebevia

On the Ice
Best Essence of Artistic Spirit: Mae

She was the only one who showed what it's like to own freedom and enjoy the competition.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Best Lupita Nyong'o: Jason Brown.

I'm new, I'm so talented, I'm the nicest person ever, and I AM JUST SO HAPPY TO BE HERE.

Oh and I'm the best dressed obvi.

Ooohh you're the best dressed?! I want to see a photo in your Prada! J/K. :)

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Ooohh you're the best dressed?! I want to see a photo in your Prada! J/K. :)

Well, The "I" was Jason Brown--but I think that Prince costume definitely qualifies!!!

The Prince symbols in sequins on his back! To quote Seth and Amy, I mean, really.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, The "I" was Jason Brown--but I think that Prince costume definitely qualifies!!!

The Prince symbols in sequins on his back! To quote Seth and Amy, I mean, really.

Oh I get it now! I read it kind of fast. My bad! In any case I agree! :)