Best Exhibitions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Best Exhibitions

YagsFan

On the Ice
Anytime Joe Subobkec(sorry about the spelling!) does a (on purpose) single axle! I could watch that allllll day!

YagsFan

On the Ice
r. And if professional programs count, throw in just about everything by A/S;n.
OK, someone help here----I'm thinking of a pro pairs team (don't think they ever competed in amateur) who skated a number about Columbus discovering the New World---it started with a lift in which the woman was up and forward to represent the ship crossing the ocean. I loved that pair, and especially that number, but I'm blanking on their names:( He was very good looking, and I think his last name started with S. Anyone??

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, someone help here----I'm thinking of a pro pairs team (don't think they ever competed in amateur) who skated a number about Columbus discovering the New World---it started with a lift in which the woman was up and forward to represent the ship crossing the ocean. I loved that pair, and especially that number, but I'm blanking on their names:( He was very good looking, and I think his last name started with S. Anyone??

I think you're thinking of Anita Hartshorn & Frank Sweiding skating to Vangelis' "1492: Conquest of Paradise." Amazing program!

senatormls

On the Ice
I can begin with these exhibition programs I don't like. All that include rump-shaking to digital, recycled 90's house music. Or these that are so against type, for example, Akiko Suzuki with a leather jacket .... NO! Now for the ones I like, Jeffrey Buttle's Turnadot 2008 exhibition ( pure artistry and class). For funny, the Mario bros.' program from that kid from Monaco and this season's Javier and the Canadian pair cell phone/ waltz program.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker

A/S is Annenko/Stretinski, who are a Russian ice dance team.... and probably not the people you're looking for.

Amei

Record Breaker
V/T: Skyfall
Javier: Aerobics class - that was just fun to watch
Todd Eldredge: Il Mare Calmo Della Sera

Suzzie

Rinkside
I still remember Yagudin "Overcome", still the best for me.
also like Lambiel's "Ne me quitte pas"
Kwan's "Fields of Gold"
and
Faiella & Scali - "Quel posto che non c'e" from Vancouver-2010

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're welcome, Yagsfan! :biggrin:

Todd Eldredge: Il Mare Calmo Della Sera

Especially the version he did @ the (Hershey's?) Spring Challenge 4/98! Dick Button couldn't stop gushing over the performance, and it was sensational! I'll also add "The Glory" (esp. the performance from Masters of Figure Skating fall 1999)

Some others I didn't mention first time around - Michelle - Hands, Pocahontas, East of Eden, Winter, Dante's Prayer

Midori - Her "Rain" exhibition from the 1992 Olympics

Lionhart

Spectator
Debi Thomas - Wanda Beezle
Mao Asada - Jupiter
Michelle Kwan - Fields of Gold SLC
B/S - The Kid

Mostly Wanda Beezle.. makes me laugh every. time.

noskates

Record Breaker
The skating was beautiful but that music was HORRIBLE. Sounded like a funeral dirge or someone being held captive in a basement moaning. :no:

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Whoever suggested John Curry's 1976 exhibition to Scheherezade, thanks!

YagsFan

On the Ice
OK, having just finally seen most of the coverage of this year's Oly. Gala, (yes, I'm a bit behind . . .), I'm going to nominate Pang and Tong's program to "I Dreamed a Dream". I've never been a huge fan of theirs, but, oh, my goodness! Talk about 2 skating as 1! In the beginning, I thought I must be watching Ice Dancing, they were so precise and together, with intricate steps. But beyond that, the passion, the love just oozing out of every move and look---Wow!