Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Best Exhibitions

On the Ice
    Anytime Joe Subobkec(sorry about the spelling!) does a (on purpose) single axle! I could watch that allllll day!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    r. And if professional programs count, throw in just about everything by A/S;n.
    OK, someone help here----I'm thinking of a pro pairs team (don't think they ever competed in amateur) who skated a number about Columbus discovering the New World---it started with a lift in which the woman was up and forward to represent the ship crossing the ocean. I loved that pair, and especially that number, but I'm blanking on their names:( He was very good looking, and I think his last name started with S. Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by YagsFan View Post
    OK, someone help here----I'm thinking of a pro pairs team (don't think they ever competed in amateur) who skated a number about Columbus discovering the New World---it started with a lift in which the woman was up and forward to represent the ship crossing the ocean. I loved that pair, and especially that number, but I'm blanking on their names:( He was very good looking, and I think his last name started with S. Anyone??
    I think you're thinking of Anita Hartshorn & Frank Sweiding skating to Vangelis' "1492: Conquest of Paradise." Amazing program!

Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    I agree, magical. Same program for the Ice Age Cup Of Professionals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9snEtUHJZ0
    Indeed his skating is wonderful.
    Am just curious who is the lady gave him 5.9 and what was her comment. Stephane wasn't look so happy at some moment. If someone can translate from Russian for us...

Tripping on the Podium
    I can begin with these exhibition programs I don't like. All that include rump-shaking to digital, recycled 90's house music. Or these that are so against type, for example, Akiko Suzuki with a leather jacket .... NO! Now for the ones I like, Jeffrey Buttle's Turnadot 2008 exhibition ( pure artistry and class). For funny, the Mario bros.' program from that kid from Monaco and this season's Javier and the Canadian pair cell phone/ waltz program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YagsFan View Post
    A/S is Annenko/Stretinski, who are a Russian ice dance team.... and probably not the people you're looking for.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    I think you're thinking of Anita Hartshorn & Frank Sweiding skating to Vangelis' "1492: Conquest of Paradise." Amazing program!
    Yes!! Hartshorn & Sweiding! Thank you, ilubtodd

Custom Title
    Javi's 80s aerobics class.

Custom Title
    V/T: Skyfall
    Javier: Aerobics class - that was just fun to watch
    Todd Eldredge: Il Mare Calmo Della Sera

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    Oksana Baiul at the 1994 Lillehammer figure skating exhibition to The Swan.
    Ditto.

Tripping on the Podium
    I still remember Yagudin "Overcome", still the best for me.
    also like Lambiel's "Ne me quitte pas"
    Kwan's "Fields of Gold"
    and
    Faiella & Scali - "Quel posto che non c'e" from Vancouver-2010

You're welcome, Yagsfan!

Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Todd Eldredge: Il Mare Calmo Della Sera
    Especially the version he did @ the (Hershey's?) Spring Challenge 4/98! Dick Button couldn't stop gushing over the performance, and it was sensational! I'll also add "The Glory" (esp. the performance from Masters of Figure Skating fall 1999)

Some others I didn't mention first time around - Michelle - Hands, Pocahontas, East of Eden, Winter, Dante's Prayer

Midori - Her "Rain" exhibition from the 1992 Olympics

Medalist
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeSAjNwMX2c Grishuk and Platov 1997. It's still my favourite!

Rinkside
    Debi Thomas - Wanda Beezle
    Mao Asada - Jupiter
    Michelle Kwan - Fields of Gold SLC
    B/S - The Kid

Mostly Wanda Beezle.. makes me laugh every. time.

On the Ice
    I have to throw this one in the mix - Robin Cousins "Satan Takes a Holiday"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBHiCk4kfv0

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast