Best Exhibitions | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Best Exhibitions

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Many people have mentioned Michelle's "Fields of Gold" in their posts. I felt so bad for her after the SLC Olympics that I haven't been able to watch it since then. :think: Finally clicked on it the other day and was blown away, not only by the beautiful performance, but also because she was smiling all the way through it -- and the smile seemed real. (She did cry a bit at the end.) That smile is extraordinary to me in the context of her disappointment over missing the OGM for the 2nd time.

Yet another memorable skate from a gutsy & classy lady!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting the Yamaguchi & Petrov video! That was absolutely beautiful!! Makes you think "what could have been" if Kristi had continued on with pairs...

froh1981 -- thanks from me, too; just gorgeous! :clap: I loved the extended spiral at the end.

Have also wondered what might have happened if Kristi had gone on w/ pairs; she and Rudy G were great together. I can totally understand why she wanted to devote herself to singles, but...but... Sigh....

Anyway, after watching "One Day I'll Fly Away," I found the piece below. It's Kristi & Alexei Yagudin in a 2002 exhibition using an interesting version of "Close to You." Watch Kristi flirt and Yags' face! :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffyT6ammZQ