Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Comparing Yuna's 2010 Vancouver LP to Adelina's 2014 Sochi LP....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    131

    Comparing Yuna's 2010 Vancouver LP to Adelina's 2014 Sochi LP....

    Since their scores for their long programs were essentially the same when they won gold medals, it would be fun to compare:

    Jumps

    Flow Across the Ice

    Step Sequences

    Artistic Interpretation

    Overall Quality

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,855
    Sotnikova's superior in all categories by a mile.

  3. #3
    Custom Title Kuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    235
    A realistic comperison would be a joke. When I heard Adelinas marks in television this was the first thing that came up in my mind. I did not need to watch Yuna skate to knew Adelina had won.

  4. #4
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,970
    Does Wootie's anti-crush on Adelina surpass Sky_fly20's actual crush on Gold?

    I honestly can't tell who has the a bigger obsession.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Sotnikova's superior in all categories by a mile.
    Now I feel that you are the real Sotnikova hater. You want her to look like a joke.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by wootie View Post
    Since their scores for their long programs were essentially the same when they won gold medals, it would be fun to compare:

    Jumps

    Flow Across the Ice

    Step Sequences

    Artistic Interpretation

    Overall Quality
    Adelina: Jumps and steps
    Yuna: Flow and artistry

    As far as quality, it depends what you prefer: artistry or athleticism.

    You did leave out spins, which are not an inconsequential element in the IJS.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Now I feel that you are the real Sotnikova hater. You want her to look like a joke.
    Lol. This thread was started to bash. It's not serious. Real thoughts are not even welcome in this thread.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Lol. This thread was started to bash. It's not serious. Real thoughts are not even welcome in this thread.
    There's been a lot of bashing to go around, there was even a thread questioning whether Witt should have won gold in 1988.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    after almost a month, the whining hasnt stopped yet
    at least on Adelina's instagram the bots have stopped, looks like Adelina's compatriots are rallying on her instagram making the bots scared

  10. #10
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bolton, Lancashire
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    after almost a month, the whining hasnt stopped yet
    at least on Adelina's instagram the bots have stopped, looks like Adelina's compatriots are rallying on her instagram making the bots scared
    I think it's more that the bots are being blocked and their threats deleted on her Instagram page (no indication there as to whether she's been put on a warning order for Worlds yet).

    BTW. Isn't it a shame that there's no smilies that are either screaming until they're sick, holding they're breath until they're blue in the face, throwing their toys out fo the pram or making teddy stand in the corner? That would save so much typing.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    576
    Can't decide whether wootie is just a troll, making thread after thread designed to stir up criticism for Sotnikova, and their counters... or is really that much in need of therapy...

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,489
    Adelina's was superior in every way, wootie. Every single way.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Can't decide whether wootie is just a troll, making thread after thread designed to stir up criticism for Sotnikova, and their counters... or is really that much in need of therapy...
    no doubt its a bot, the same topics created over and over again

  14. #14
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Parry View Post
    I think it's more that the bots are being blocked and their threats deleted on her Instagram page (no indication there as to whether she's been put on a warning order for Worlds yet).

    BTW. Isn't it a shame that there's no smilies that are either screaming until they're sick, holding they're breath until they're blue in the face, throwing their toys out fo the pram or making teddy stand in the corner? That would save so much typing.
    Throwing toys out of the pram would be a fun one to use! Other possibilities: (1) face down on the floor w/ arms flailing/legs kicking; (2) to the blue face, add smoke coming out of the ears. (It's getting late in the day and I'm getting bored. )

  15. #15
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Adelina's was superior in every way, wootie. Every single way.
    Yes, the real crime was that Adelina wasn't given a 160.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •