Favorite Programs of the Season? | Golden Skate

Favorite Programs of the Season?

tripletwizzle

Rinkside
Just wondering what you guys' favorite programs were as this season draws to a close?

When it comes to the ladies' side, for me, Lipnitskaia's SP & LP were exquisite. Plus, Akiko's LP was just so adorable and lovely to watch, she made listening to POTO palatable for me again :laugh:, and even though she didn't get a medal at Olys that program (and dress!) really delighted me all season.

As for the men, my favorite LP this season would have to be Jason's, he could sell a scuba tank to an octopus I think :rock: I've always loved Yuzuru's SP and I think he really grew into it, grew more comfortable and natural with the swagger of the choreography over the past 2 seasons.

I/K's Black Swan would have to be my favorite Ice Dance this season.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ladies: Yuna's SP and FS, Mao's SP, and Akiko's SP
Men: Brown's SP and FS, Abbott's FS, Chan's SP, and Hanyu's SP
Ice Dance: V/M's SD and FD, D/W's SD and FD, C/L's SD, and P'B's FD.

Amei

Record Breaker
Jason Brown: LP Riverdance
Julia Lipnitskaia: LP
Akiko: LP
Stolbova/Klimov: LP, The Addams Family
Jeremy Abbot: SP

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Ladies: Yuna SP, Mao SP and LP, Gracie LP
Men: Yuzuru SP and LP, Denis LP, Machida LP
Ice dance: V/M SP and LP, D/W SP, C/L LP
Pair: V/T SP, P/T LP

KJGL

Rinkside
I loved Carolina's SP--one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

I also liked V/T's SP a lot. I love the Masquerade Waltz, and thought they conveyed beautifully the rise and fall of the waltz. Also, watching it was thinking how much Trankov's presence on the ice reminded me of Dmitriev. Then I looked him up and learned he'd done some training with Dmitriev, so I felt pretty good about that :)

christinaskater

Medalist
1. Ave Maria-Carolina Kostner
2. Rachmaninoff -Mao Asada
3. Hymne- Akiko Suzuki
4. Bolero- Carolina Kostner
5. Send In the Clowns- Yuna Kim
6. Phantom of the Opera- Akiko Suzuki
7. Sleeping Beauty- Gracie Gold
8. Schindler's List- Julia Lipnitskaia
9. Gracie Golds SP from US Nationals
10. Polina Edmunds SP

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia Lip-Schindler's List
Jeremy Abbott-SP (Lily of the Valley?)
Akiko Suzuki-Hymne a L'Amour and Phantom
Gracie Gold-Grieg Concerto
Carolina Kostner-Ave Maria and Bolero
Mirai Nagasu-On Golden Pond exhibition
Yuzuru Hanyu-SP
Pang and Tong-I Dreamed a Dream
Mao-Olympic LP-Rach 2

belladashwood

Rinkside
Ladies: Gracie Gold - Grieg concerto SP & Sleeping Beauty FS, Yuna Kim - Send In the Clowns SP, Carolina Kostner - Ave Maria SP

Mens: Jason Brown - The Question of You SP & Riverdance FS, Yuzuru Hanyu - Parisenne Walkways SP

Pairs: Volosohzar & Trankov - Masquerade Waltz SP, Stolbova & Klimov - The Addams Family FS, Moore-Towers & Moscovitch - Fellini Medley FS

Ice Dance: Davis & White - My Fair Lady SD & Scheherazade FD, Shibutanis - Michael Buble SD & Michael Jackson FD, Chock & Bates - Les Mis "One Day More" FD, Illinykh & Katsalapov - Swan Lake FD

Franklin99

Medalist
Mao Asada - SP & LP (Her Sochi LP should've scored 152+)
Carolina Kostner - Ave Maria SP
Gracie Gold FS - The Olympic Version (her jumps were so beautiful)
Yuna Kim SP - Send In the Clowns (Her Sochi's SP should've scored 76+)
Akiko LP
Davis/White FS
Yuzuru Hanyu-SP

vinganca

Rinkside
P'B's FD.

:clap: :yes: :bow:

it's one of my all-time favorite programs, and i liked it even more in this particular season. everyone else was going for uber-serious drama, and P/B's program was completely the opposite - light, whimsical, adorable - and that made them stand out in a good way imho. :) it probably didn't help them that they were pretty much the only medal contenders who didn't pander to the audience by choosing Russian music, but i admire them for doing something different and unique.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Men SP: Jason Brown
Men LP: Richard Dornbush

Women SP: Satoko Miyahara
Women LP: Julia Lipnitskaya

Dance SP: Virtue/Moir
Dance LP: Gilles/Poirier

Pairs SP: Pang/Tong
Pairs LP: Pang/Tong

Meoima

Match Penalty
Men SP: Yuzuru Hanyu
Men LP: Plushenko the King :bow:

Women SP: Julia Lipnitskaya
Women LP: Julia Lipnitskaya

Dance SP: Virtue/Moir
Dance LP: Virtue/Moir

Pairs SP: Volosohzar/Trankov
Pairs LP: Volosohzar/Trankov

aeviterna

Rinkside
In no particular order:

Yuzuru Hanyu - Parisienne Walkways SP. I could watch his Olympics & JPN Nats performances of this a million times and not at all get tired. He's become incredibly comfortable with this program and I loved seeing his skates of PW progress through the last two seasons. (I do hope he has a new SP next season, though, haha. Three seasons in a row is... too much. :laugh:)
Yuna Kim - Clowns SP. It's just so flowy and elegant! I just wish her dress wasn't that horrific pukey color :disapp:
Mao Asada - Rachmaninoff LP, particularly at the Olympics. I will be watching this skate for years to come. Absolutely tremendous.
Jason Brown - Prince SP and Riverdance LP! They suit him to a tee.
Patrick Chan - Elegie SP. The choreography is extraordinarily beautiful and wonderfully in sync with the music. And I love how he performs this so.
Park So-Youn - Swan SP, for the same reasons as PChan's. It really highlights her ballet background and it's gorgeous to watch.
Misha Ge - Worlds Dance LP! Fun, fun, fun. I love watching him, no matter what he's skating.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Dance - Ilinykh/Katsalapov FD, Capellini/Lanotte FD, SD, Weaver/Poje FD, Gilles/Poirier FD, Pechalat/Bourzat FD, Hurtado/Diaz FD, SD, Guignard/Fabbri FD
Men - Brown LP, Kovtun SP, Oda SP
Ladies - Kostner SP (Ave Maria), Marchei LP
Pairs - Volosozhar/Trankov SP, Berton/Hotarek FP

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown's Riverdance
Meryl & Charlie's SD & FD
Nathalie & Fabian's Little Prince free dance (crushed that they didn't make the Olympic podium)
The Shibs Michael Buble short dance
Adam Rippon's free skate (although I was devastated with how things went for him @ US Nationals)
Ross Miner's free skate @ US Nationals - a tribute to Boston following the Marathon (wish he finished higher, too)
Misha Ge's free skate @ the Olympics - very entertaining
Denis Ten's Olympic free skate
Mao's Olympic free skate
Samantha Caesario's free skate @ US Nationals
Duhamel & Radford's short program
Moore Towers/Moskovitch free skate
Cappelini & Lanotte's short dance

Esopian

Final Flight
Yuzuru Hanyu - Parisienne Walkways SP. I could watch his Olympics & JPN Nats performances of this a million times and not at all get tired. He's become incredibly comfortable with this program and I loved seeing his skates of PW progress through the last two seasons. (I do hope he has a new SP next season, though, haha. Three seasons in a row is... too much. :laugh:)

Yeah, I totally agree! His SP is amazing, but it would be a bit too much if he kept if for next season. I hope he'll skate a SP that's just as great next season (as well as the FS).

Violet

Rinkside
Ladies SP
Classical music: Carolina's Ave Maria, Mao's Nocturne, Gracie Gold US national
Non-classical music: Ashley Wagner, Yuna Kim, Elena Radionova

Ladies LP
Classical music: Mao, Carolina's Bolero
Non-classical music: Yulia, Elena Radionova

Men's SP
Classical: Patrick, Alex Majorov
Non-classical: Jason, Jeremy, Machida

Men's LP:
Classical: Patrick, Machida
Non-classical: Takahashi, Jason, Joshua Ferris

Pairs:
VT's SP and LP
SS's LP
PT's LP

Ice dance:
DW's SP and LP (didn't really watch other teams)