<Boys>
1 Nathan Chen
2 Boyang Jin
3 Adian Pitkeev

<Girls>
1 Elena Radionova :love:
2 Karen Chen
3 Serafima Sakhanovich

Had Maria Sotskova competed, I think we'd have seen another "Russian Sweep" again, but with her absence at this year's jr. Worlds, I don't think it's possible.

hanca

Record Breaker
Interested in only Boys and Girls...

<Boys>
1 Nathan Chen
2 Boyang Jin
3 Adian Pitkeev

<Girls>
1 Elena Radionova :love:
2 Karen Chen
3 Serafima Sakhanovich

Had Maria Sotskova competed, I think we'd have seen another "Russian Sweep" again, but with her absence at this year's jr. Worlds, I don't think it's possible.

Maybe. But Medvedeva actually had the second highest scores at the GP event (179.96) so if she delivers, you never know. Only Proklova had higher score (181.18). Karen Chen and Seraphima had lower scores... I think Radionova should be able to get the gold, but the silver and bronze can be anybody's (any two from Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Chen in any order). Russian sweep is definitely possible. (Not likely, because any sweep is never 'likely' but possible).

Anyway, my predictions:
1. Radionova
2. Sakhanovich
3. Medvedeva
4. Chen

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Maybe. But Medvedeva actually had the second highest scores at the GP event (179.96) so if she delivers, you never know. Only Proklova had higher score (181.18). Karen Chen and Seraphima had lower scores... I think Radionova should be able to get the gold, but the silver and bronze can be anybody's (any two from Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Chen in any order). Russian sweep is definitely possible. (Not likely, because any sweep is never 'likely' but possible).

Anyway, my predictions:
1. Radionova
2. Sakhanovich
3. Medvedeva
4. Chen
:confused: Sotskova is competing!! (http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028064.htm)

96skiluvr

On the Ice
I'm kinda thinking we may see Russian Pairs and Ladies sweeps, pairs more likely than ladies.

Between Vigalova/Zakroev, Tarasova/Morozov, and Davankova/Deputat, I think they'll all be in the top 4; the Chinese will likely play spoiler to a potential sweep. However, all 3 teams are strong, and anything is possible. I expect Aaron/Settlage to be 5th, and V/Z to be the top Russian team
Sky_fly20, no one is interested in hearing how you think D/D should be banned from skating due to their height, so kindly keep your comments to yourself.

As for ladies, again, Radionova, Medvedeva, and Sakhanovich could easily sweep - maybe Chen can medal, but she pulled out of the JGPF due to injury, and withdrew after the SP and Nationals due to injury, so no idea what her current status is, and whether she's healthy enough to contend.

I won't even bother trying to predict the men.

For dance, I'm looking forward to a good battle between Hawayek/Baker and Yanovskaya/Mozgov. I much prefer H/B - they have so many love qualities, like most of the Krylova/Camerlengo teams - but I expect Y/M will ultimately claim this one. As for bronze, I expect a 3-way battle between Popova/Vlasenko, Nazarova/Nikitin, and McNamara/Carpenter

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A Russian sweep in Pairs is not a given----I think you are forgetting that YU/JIN won the JGPF.

meteorlight8

Rinkside
I think the Russians have a MUCH better chance of sweeping ladies than pairs, esp. with Karen Chen being a question mark post-injury. Yu/Jin won JGPF, with some minor mistakes, so barring a meltdown, I think they are a shoo-in for podium and a solid bet for gold. Frankly, the only Russian pair I can see overtaking a clean Y/J is Tarasova/Morosov - the others are too far back right off the bat on tech, but T/M is the least consistent of the Russians so ...

discombobulate

Rinkside
wait, do they legitimately call these categories "boys" and "girls"?!
I thought that stopped at the Juvenile level!!!!

anyway for the ladies, It's Elena's for the taking :yay:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I would put the other two US junior ladies after Karen Chen, after the three Russians. Karen I saw last time was very very small, and I am not sure how much she grew since, either height or weight. And I feel she is still very prone to urs. She has good presentation, but somehow I feel she tries so hard to be mature looking and overlooks the fun side of presentation, like Radionova's.

hanca

Record Breaker
1 Sakhanovich
2 Medvedeva
3 Radionova

Hmmm, Radionova actually beat Sakhanovich and Medvedeva at Russian national, so as long as she is now without injury, it shouldn't be that hard for her to win.

Poice

Final Flight
Men:
1. Boyang Jin
2. Adian Pitkeev
3. Nathan Chen

Ladies:
1. Elena Radionova
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Evgenia Medvedeva

noidont

Final Flight
Men: 1 Jin 2 Chen 3 Pitkeev
Ladies: 1. Radionova 2. Glenn 3. Sakahnovich
Pairs: 1. Yu/Jin 2. Tarasova/Morozov 3. Vigalova/Zakoev
Dance: 1. Yanovskaya/Mozgov 2. Hawayek/Baker 3. McNamara/Carpenter

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
1) Elena
2) Amber/Karen
3) Amber/Karen

The Americans are stroger this year!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm surprised that not a lot of people consider Satoko a medal contender... She's actually the 4CC Silver medalist! My prediction is:
1) Radionova
2) Sakhanovich
3) Miyahara
4) Medvedeva (great consistency and BV but low PCS)
5) Glenn
I'm not sure about Glenn, she's almost unknown internationally, and her 3F sometimes receives the "e"... :think:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shin AMANO is the caller for Ladies. Miyahara may get more URs than she got in her 4CC effort.