Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: IOC claims Yuna Kim conceded defeat based on a fabricated interview

Custom Title
    lolllllll i just saw this

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean View Post
    What the IOC did is pretty reprehensible. Speaking as a journalist, it is true that you prepare articles ahead of time but you never ever put in a fabricated quote as a place holder. That is an absolute no no. If a quote is to be added later, that sentence should have been marked clearly with XXX or "add quote" or some such notation that clearly shows the purpose of the place holder.

And to change an article without a correction when a high-profile athlete had words literally put in her mouth is unacceptable. IOC, at the least, needs to provide an explanation and extend a full apology. I am appalled with their lack of professionalism and their disregard for integrity.
    It is the IOC press release. Journalistic standards or pr standards? The writer is a mystery and not being revealed and their work was taken down and edited.

What the IOC did is pretty reprehensible. Speaking as a journalist, it is true that you prepare articles ahead of time but you never ever put in a fabricated quote as a place holder. That is an absolute no no. If a quote is to be added later, that sentence should have been marked clearly with XXX or "add quote" or some such notation that clearly shows the purpose of the place holder.

And to change an article without a correction when a high-profile athlete had words literally put in her mouth is unacceptable. IOC, at the least, needs to provide an explanation and extend a full apology. I am appalled with their lack of professionalism and their disregard for integrity.
    The IOC (or the ISU) are hardly models of professionalism or integrity in the first place, so I doubt anyone will be shocked over this latest transgression.

Rinkside
    And here IOC was trying to wash their hands of the matter. This hardly speaks of impartiality on their part regarding what happened.

Yuna doesnt deserve this. She wants to retire but all the media on her boyfriend and now this? Can't a girl just enjoy a normal life for once?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Did this really happen? Is there a way to verify it besides a posting to you tube?
    The allegedly false article was published at the Youth Olympics site. IOC is apparently concerned that the judging controversy may leave bad impression of the Games on kids and potential future Olympians.

Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    The allegedly false article was published at the Youth Olympics site. IOC is apparently concerned that the judging controversy may leave bad impression of the Games on kids and potential future Olympians.
    Then IOC should not have yielded to Putin. You can't eat your cake and have it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    So you're saying Yuna would never be so gracious to a fellow competitor?
    Somebody is hitting a new low.

Custom Title

Golf claps, well said!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    So you're saying Yuna would never be so gracious to a fellow competitor?
    She has been by limiting her comments. The problem is that the IOC seems to be devaluing other skaters on the podium to quiet the controversy down, like the comments on their short program highlight video where Yuna's 3lz-3t became 3lz-2t and 3f-3t by Kostner became 3t-3t then not mentioning Sotnikova's easier 3t-3t combination.

Custom Title
    What difference does it make at this point? The medals have been given out. Yuna has retired and is hopefully moving on with her life. Adelina is doing whatever Adelina does. What possible outcome can come from this other than another 200 page thread on GS?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    What difference does it make at this point? The medals have been given out. Yuna has retired and is hopefully moving on with her life. Adelina is doing whatever Adelina does. What possible outcome can come from this other than another 200 page thread on GS?
    I think you didn't get any point. Outcome is not a matter at all.
    We are denouncing distorted reports by the media.
    As you know, Journalism and broadcasting must be based on the truth.
    The victim from this happening is a figureskater Yuna Kim who wanted to be classy from the resault.

Now the question is why IOC did this stupic act?
    What they want to hide by this fabricated interview?
    Differences between before and after is that it is getting obvious IOC want to hide something.
    What a political and foollish.
    However, it is also pursuasive to some people who don't know very well about figurskating unless issuing apology to Yuna Kim about this article.

My point is?
    ISU should apology to Yuna Kim.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by tetana View Post
    I think you didn't get any point. Outcome is not a matter at all.
    We are denouncing distorted reports by the media.
    As you know, Journalism and broadcasting must be based on the truth.
    The victim from this happening is a figureskater Yuna Kim who wanted to be classy from the resault.

Now the question is why IOC did this stupic act?
    What they want to hide by this fabricated interview?
    Differences between before and after is that it is getting obvious IOC want to hide something.
    What a political and foollish.
    However, it is also pursuasive to some people who don't know very well about figurskating unless issuing apology to Yuna Kim about this article.

My point is?
    ISU should apology to Yuna Kim.
    First, there should be prove that this quote actually existed. It's so easy to manipulate digital images, and everyone knows it. Yet, everyone is so eager to think bad of everyone else and believe the worst - I am just shocked. What about "innocent before his guilt is proven"?

Custom Title
    IOC want to inflate Youth Olympic's outcome.
    It was a deliberate black lie.
    Yuna even didn't see Sotnikova's skating that night.
    It's not enough to take her GM, heh?

Now they correct their shameless lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Did this really happen? Is there a way to verify it besides a posting to you tube?
    I was curious about this too, so I searched for the cached version of that page and the quote was there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast