Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    Agreed.
    Amen!

Custom Title
    How do we know - Skaterboy - that Johnny isn't making big bucks with the commentating? Where did that come from?

And quite honestly, I think it's sad that we're all still talking about this.

Oh, and being admitted to a bar in any state doesn't necessarily make you an outstanding citizen. Seriously folks - do y'all think every lawyer is a saint?

Custom Title
    In what state has Victor been admitted to the bar?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    How do we know - Skaterboy - that Johnny isn't making big bucks with the commentating? Where did that come from?

Many of the details of Johnny's earnings were revealed after the divorce was first publicized and his NBC pay was actually quite small, despite some of his fans assuming that he was making buckets of money. Typical case of fan inflation. Victor probably assumed (likely from unreliable fluff celebrity sites that have since changed their info on Johnny) that he was worth 10 million or something so tried to mooch as much as he could

Oh, and being admitted to a bar in any state doesn't necessarily make you an outstanding citizen. Seriously folks - do y'all think every lawyer is a saint?
    Did you actually read the comment because that's not what was said. The bar admittance comment was in direct response to the same lengthy list of fraud accusations against Victor. They couldn't possibly all be true because he would never be admitted. No one said he was a saint. The bar is notorious for being able to dig up every tiny offense, including traffic tickets. Actually, law students are often told to list all charges, not just convictions. They will forgive some mistakes depending on the circumstances, but not multiple serious crimes related to fraud. Johnny has said that Victor did have issues with character and fitness boards for awhile, but ultimately as we know he was admitted to the NY bar. That makes sense because we know he was guilty of certain things for sure (like the DUI's, assault charge), but many of the others were just allegations, not convictions. Just like his allegations that Johnny abused him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post

He was admitted to the New York State bar last winter, maybe four years after passing the exam. He passed the New Jersey bar exam in July 2013 but has not yet been admitted to the New Jersey Bar. According to court records posted online, Victor was ordered to attend a 12 step program administered by the New York State Bar due to his numerous DUI's. Perhaps he was admitted to the New York bar once he completed the 12 step program as his admittance to the bar was very close to that time period.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by momjudi View Post
    He was admitted to the New York State bar last winter, maybe four years after passing the exam. He passed the New Jersey bar exam in July 2013 but has not yet been admitted to the New Jersey Bar. According to court records posted online, Victor was ordered to attend a 12 step program administered by the New York State Bar due to his numerous DUI's. Perhaps he was admitted to the New York bar once he completed the 12 step program as his admittance to the bar was very close to that time period.
    I searched New York State Bar records and he was not listed as having been admitted to the bar there.

Custom Title
    I searched New York State Bar records and he was not listed as having been admitted to the bar there.
    Ironically, he's listed as Weir-Voronov.

Medalist
    Many of the details of Johnny's earnings were revealed after the divorce was first publicized and his NBC pay was actually quite small, despite some of his fans assuming that he was making buckets of money. Typical case of fan inflation. Victor probably assumed (likely from unreliable fluff celebrity sites that have since changed their info on Johnny) that he was worth 10 million or something so tried to mooch as much as he could

Did you actually read the comment because that's not what was said. The bar admittance comment was in direct response to the same lengthy list of fraud accusations against Victor. They couldn't possibly all be true because he would never be admitted. No one said he was a saint. The bar is notorious for being able to dig up every tiny offense, including traffic tickets. Actually, law students are often told to list all charges, not just convictions. They will forgive some mistakes depending on the circumstances, but not multiple serious crimes related to fraud. Johnny has said that Victor did have issues with character and fitness boards for awhile, but ultimately as we know he was admitted to the NY bar. That makes sense because we know he was guilty of certain things for sure (like the DUI's, assault charge), but many of the others were just allegations, not convictions. Just like his allegations that Johnny abused him.
    Hi - I don't know about bar admissions in NY, but where I am, I believe that you have the hardest time passing Character & Fitness if you are found to have committed fraud, especially financial fraud, or if you are found to have been dishonest, failed to disclose something, were guilty of misrepresenting something, etc. Being found guilty of assault would not necessarily prevent bar admission. I have no idea who is right or wrong here, but just wanted to point out that passing C&F does not necessarily mean he did not commit those acts or even that they were minor.

ETA Sorry I was actually replying to earlier post & didn't read this one thoroughly. It looks like I'm not saying anything new but was focussing on his reported past assaults - was not aware of fraud charges against him.

Custom Title
    Not to bump this thread, but I keep reading the title and thinking Johnny bit his husband Sergei Voronov.

Custom Title
    ^Well, there's always re-marriage...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Not to bump this thread, but I keep reading the title and thinking Johnny bit his husband Sergei Voronov.
    Me too!

(And then I think, "Yikes, Sergei, you can do SO much better than that.")

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post

Chillax no skates you will have a heart attack lol. In one o f the earlier posts it talks about what Johnny got paid for the olympics and it wasn't all that much. And I am not suggesting beign admitted to a bar makes you an outstanding citizen but like an professional - pastor, engineer, doctor, dentist teaher there is a certain credence or level of respect you usually have earned - or get with the title - they don't call you to the Bar if you are a major defrauder and mass murderer.

Custom Title
    I believe New York but you can look it up

Custom Title

Thanks for clarifying

Custom Title
    http://bit.ly/QLPbRD full report (scroll down page for updates on arrests for DUI and assault on mother not included in original report) on Voronov's history for those not familiar.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20