Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 300

Thread: Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

  1. #136
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Well I stand corrected, in that case. However, he passed the Bar in July, 2010....

    http://www.nybarexam.org/Results710/TV710.html

    However, he wasn't admitted until July, 2013. It apparently took three years of petitioning to get admitted. This was well after he married Johnny, so he did not give up a law practice to get married.

    Finally, no need to be so self-righteous....Voronov had plenty of skeletons in his closet to prevent the Bar from admitting him for three years!

  2. #137
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    This is why Victor was not admitted to Bar in 2010:

    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victor...nternet-830706

  3. #138
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    This is why Victor was not admitted to Bar in 2010:

    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victor...nternet-830706
    All people online have are allegations and charges, NOT convictions. Do you know how tough the bar is? It seems likely that he was denied at first and had to put some more distance between himself and these incidents before finally being admitted (as many in his situation are advised to do), but even then the Bar will not just easily forgive major crimes of moral turpitude simply because a few years have passed. This means that whatever he was guilty of or charged with, it was deemed forgivable in the long run.

  4. #139
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Fair enough....however, I am still convinced that they deserve each other!

  5. #140
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    Well I stand corrected, in that case. However, he passed the Bar in July, 2010....

    http://www.nybarexam.org/Results710/TV710.html

    However, he wasn't admitted until July, 2013. It apparently took three years of petitioning to get admitted. This was well after he married Johnny, so he did not give up a law practice to get married.

    Finally, no need to be so self-righteous....Voronov had plenty of skeletons in his closet to prevent the Bar from admitting him for three years!
    Every state has different requirements for admission to the state bar. In some states, passing the bar exam is the last step in the admission process; and in other states it is not. For example, some jurisdictions require an applicant to take a separate Ethics examination that the applicant can take either before or after they take the bar exam.

    In New York, an applicant has three years after passing the bar exam to apply for admission to the state bar. NY now has a requirement that the applicants must complete a specified number of pro bono hours before they can be admitted to the bar. (Whether or not that applied to Victor depends on when he applied for admission)

    Each state handles the character & fitness review different. I have been admitted to practice law in two states. Although each state handled the process differently, one thing was consistent....in both states, if an applicant did not pass the character & fitness review, they were not allowed to take the bar exam.

  6. #141
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    801
    This split is turning out to be nastier than I thought it would be. It's also getting a fair amount of tabloid type coverage, particularly from TMZ.

    Daily allegations of domestic assault, lavish spending on clothes, threats of nude photos being leaked, etc...

  7. #142
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    It took JFK Jr. a dozen times to pass the NY bar. So let's not make it like if you want it you can get it next week.

  8. #143
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    It took JFK Jr. a dozen times to pass the NY bar. So let's not make it like if you want it you can get it next week.
    That's a strawman's argument. Nobody said that Victor isn't smart, or that he needed to be admitted in a week. In fact, he passed the test the first time. The point was, he wasn't admitted to the Bar for three years. My brother is a New York lawyer....he passed the Bar on his second try; however, he was admitted three months after passing.

  9. #144
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    This split is turning out to be nastier than I thought it would be. It's also getting a fair amount of tabloid type coverage, particularly from TMZ.

    Daily allegations of domestic assault, lavish spending on clothes, threats of nude photos being leaked, etc...
    The mud slinging is embarrassing and not making either party look good.

  10. #145
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    395
    Celebrities need to keep their private lives off Twitter. Embarrassing.

  11. #146
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    LOs Angeles
    Posts
    8
    Also Instagram. Tacky.

  12. #147
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    It took JFK Jr. a dozen times to pass the NY bar. So let's not make it like if you want it you can get it next week.
    Not quite that bad - he passed on his third attempt.

    I like Johnny as a skater, but he's a manipulator and he even admitted things got physical on his end as well as on his husbands. These things that are being leaked are probably leaked by him, since he has more of an in with the media. It doesn't serve either of them, and becomes the narrative rather than his accomplishments telling the story. I wish he would grow up and live a more private life, but he seems to feed off of attention, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

  13. #148
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,166
    Well it wasn't Johnny who hired a media consultant!!!! At this point in time, post-Olympics, Johnny doesn't need the type of publicity he's getting. He also isn't the one who sat at home and lived off of his celebrity husband. I think Victor stands to lose more from this divorce and I really believe he's the one doing all the leaks to TMZ specifically to discredit Johnny.

  14. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Well it wasn't Johnny who hired a media consultant!!!! At this point in time, post-Olympics, Johnny doesn't need the type of publicity he's getting. He also isn't the one who sat at home and lived off of his celebrity husband. I think Victor stands to lose more from this divorce and I really believe he's the one doing all the leaks to TMZ specifically to discredit Johnny.
    Exactly.

  15. #150
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    74
    This is getting interesting http://instagram.com/p/mHkh_JhhUl/

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •