Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
:eek:hwell: My guess is that they'd be better off apart but in the end it's nobody's business but theirs. End of story.

tulosai

Record Breaker
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Lao Tzu

It takes courage to take someone back. Especially with an eager public looking to criticize via social media.
Good luck to both:)

Yeah, I agree, though honestly in part they did this to themselves by airing all their dirty laundry publicly, especially Viktor, but oh well.

At the end of the day they are grown men who h ave to decide what is best for themselves. If they think that is one another, it's not really anyone else's business.

It is also worth noting that while a lot was aired publicly, even all added together can only be a very small part of their whole story and big picture. It can be hoped, anyway, that things will be better for them going forward.

The moral of this story: Don't air your dirty laundry in public, because you may want to wear those clothes again.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder how much of Johnny's money ended up in the hands of the lawyers.

Or how much of his fans' money did...I'm more surprised we didn't see Johnny on twitter begging his fans to donate money for his divorce fund. That's more Johnny's style.

desertskates

Medalist
The moral of this story: Don't air your dirty laundry in public, because you may want to wear those clothes again.

I love it!! :laugh:
But, truer words have never been spoken. I wish them the best, and hope they cool it with the physical violence, whether real or alleged.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
That made me laugh too. I think it was all for publicity.

Yep. It just seems like either or both have this pathologic need to be talked about. Does Weir even skate anymore? I understand that Weir is now going for the cult of personality, but I really don't find him all that 'fabulous'. This husband of his who was looking for spousal support at age 26 and no kids is just a piece of work. GET A JOB. You'd think if you went through a break-up like that and saw how dirty they can be, you'd keep walking. But drama is the name of the game here, and they seem to feed off it. I do have to laugh that Weir asks his million twitter fans to respect his privacy.... lol. Let the drama continue.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, Johnny still skates. He has shows coming up this summer in Japan and China.

I very much doubt that it was "all for publicity" on Johnny's side. I don't see what he would have to gain from faking a messy divorce and letting his husband plaster their police report all over the internet. I feel that Johnny is making a huge mistake going back to a very unstable individual, but love is blind, so they say...

LyraAngelica

On the Ice
Yes, Johnny still skates. He has shows coming up this summer in Japan and China.

I very much doubt that it was "all for publicity" on Johnny's side. I don't see what he would have to gain from faking a messy divorce and letting his husband plaster their police report all over the internet. I feel that Johnny is making a huge mistake going back to a very unstable individual, but love is blind, so they say...

You don't think Johnny Weir doesn't do things for shock value and publicity? He likes to "ruffle feathers" pun intended.. Prime example is Paris Hilton and Kim K.. they turned infamy into celebrity.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You don't think Johnny Weir doesn't do things for shock value and publicity? He likes to "ruffle feathers" pun intended.. Prime example is Paris Hilton and Kim K.. they turned infamy into celebrity.

This all started when Johnny was in Sochi for the Olympics and Victor posted a copy of the police report to Twitter. Why on earth would Johnny want something like that made public, that did not paint him in a good light, when he was already employed in a respectable job on tv? In the past 3 months, outside of his commentating gigs for NBC Sports, he gave exactly one interview about his marriage to Access Hollywood, who he already had a working relationship with. If you are trying to say that Johnny Weir is somehow in the same category as Kim or Paris...:disapp: He is a 3-time US national champion, world-class figure skater whether you like him or not. He dresses flamboyantly, says some off-the-wall things from time to time, and is (imo) making a terrible mistake staying in this relationship...but that doesn't take away from what he has accomplished, nor does it mean that he is responsible for everything Victor has put out there in the media.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
"Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir 22h

My husband and I have happily reconciled. Please respect our privacy and integrity at this time."

Yes Johnny, I know how much you need your privacy.:rolleye: What a lark, he would die if he couldn't tweet for 10 whole minutes.

momjudi

On the Ice
Very common for someone who has been abused to return to their abuser. I know a lot o people think it's funny because it is happening to Johnny Weir but it isn't. Domestic violence is not a joke.

centerpt1

On the Ice
I hope Johnny has a better exit strategy next time. He needs an escape plan. Victor is at best addicted to alcohol/substances. At worst he's mentally ill and unstable.

It's not funny. Sure, Johnny has a shtick. That's how he makes a living. But no one deserves this.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of Johnny's skating, but I feel it's a bit... wrong... to dismiss the whole thing as a publicity stunt. Yes, Johnny likes being in the spotlight. But I find it a tad implausible that he would fake a whole divorce, especially since he was doing commentary with NBC and didn't need the bad press. And the way the whole thing fell through, with Victor seeming to provide information to the tabloids... I don't find any of this very funny either.

noskates

Record Breaker
Johnny doesn't need to fake a divorce to get publicity. And to suggest that it was all for show is demeaning and disrespectful. Victor now strikes me as being really sleazy and out only for himself. If he loved Johnny at all - or ever - he wouldn't have been so eager to hang his dirty laundry out to the media....makes me wonder if he got paid for any of that. I sort of wish they hadn't reconciled but then I don't live with them and only know what I've read or heard. Regardless of how flamboyant and out-spoken he is, I do think Johnny is a man of principle and this is NOT the way he would seek publicity.

desertskates

Medalist
Something odd that crossed my mind: I read that they adopted a little dog a year or so ago. If either one of them is truly violent, I really hope the dog is with a friend or a relative. No person ever deserves to be hit, and certainly no pet does, either.