Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    My guess is that they'd be better off apart but in the end it's nobody's business but theirs. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Lao Tzu

It takes courage to take someone back. Especially with an eager public looking to criticize via social media.
    Good luck to both
    Yeah, I agree, though honestly in part they did this to themselves by airing all their dirty laundry publicly, especially Viktor, but oh well.

At the end of the day they are grown men who h ave to decide what is best for themselves. If they think that is one another, it's not really anyone else's business.

It is also worth noting that while a lot was aired publicly, even all added together can only be a very small part of their whole story and big picture. It can be hoped, anyway, that things will be better for them going forward.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Respect their integrity!!!!! ROTFL
    That made me laugh too. I think it was all for publicity.

Custom Title
    The moral of this story: Don't air your dirty laundry in public, because you may want to wear those clothes again.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    ^lol and great point!

I wonder how much of Johnny's money ended up in the hands of the lawyers.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Mathman, you always care about the number! Oh yeah, I am curious, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Or how much of his fans' money did...I'm more surprised we didn't see Johnny on twitter begging his fans to donate money for his divorce fund. That's more Johnny's style.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    The moral of this story: Don't air your dirty laundry in public, because you may want to wear those clothes again.
    I love it!!
    But, truer words have never been spoken. I wish them the best, and hope they cool it with the physical violence, whether real or alleged.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LyraAngelica View Post
    That made me laugh too. I think it was all for publicity.
    Yep. It just seems like either or both have this pathologic need to be talked about. Does Weir even skate anymore? I understand that Weir is now going for the cult of personality, but I really don't find him all that 'fabulous'. This husband of his who was looking for spousal support at age 26 and no kids is just a piece of work. GET A JOB. You'd think if you went through a break-up like that and saw how dirty they can be, you'd keep walking. But drama is the name of the game here, and they seem to feed off it. I do have to laugh that Weir asks his million twitter fans to respect his privacy.... lol. Let the drama continue.

Yes, Johnny still skates. He has shows coming up this summer in Japan and China.

I very much doubt that it was "all for publicity" on Johnny's side. I don't see what he would have to gain from faking a messy divorce and letting his husband plaster their police report all over the internet. I feel that Johnny is making a huge mistake going back to a very unstable individual, but love is blind, so they say...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Yes, Johnny still skates. He has shows coming up this summer in Japan and China.

I very much doubt that it was "all for publicity" on Johnny's side. I don't see what he would have to gain from faking a messy divorce and letting his husband plaster their police report all over the internet. I feel that Johnny is making a huge mistake going back to a very unstable individual, but love is blind, so they say...
    You don't think Johnny Weir doesn't do things for shock value and publicity? He likes to "ruffle feathers" pun intended.. Prime example is Paris Hilton and Kim K.. they turned infamy into celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by LyraAngelica View Post
    You don't think Johnny Weir doesn't do things for shock value and publicity? He likes to "ruffle feathers" pun intended.. Prime example is Paris Hilton and Kim K.. they turned infamy into celebrity.
    This all started when Johnny was in Sochi for the Olympics and Victor posted a copy of the police report to Twitter. Why on earth would Johnny want something like that made public, that did not paint him in a good light, when he was already employed in a respectable job on tv? In the past 3 months, outside of his commentating gigs for NBC Sports, he gave exactly one interview about his marriage to Access Hollywood, who he already had a working relationship with. If you are trying to say that Johnny Weir is somehow in the same category as Kim or Paris... He is a 3-time US national champion, world-class figure skater whether you like him or not. He dresses flamboyantly, says some off-the-wall things from time to time, and is (imo) making a terrible mistake staying in this relationship...but that doesn't take away from what he has accomplished, nor does it mean that he is responsible for everything Victor has put out there in the media.

"Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir 22h

My husband and I have happily reconciled. Please respect our privacy and integrity at this time."

Yes Johnny, I know how much you need your privacy. What a lark, he would die if he couldn't tweet for 10 whole minutes.

Custom Title
    Very common for someone who has been abused to return to their abuser. I know a lot o people think it's funny because it is happening to Johnny Weir but it isn't. Domestic violence is not a joke.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast