Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 300

Thread: Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

  1. #271
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    These are anything but facts--these are allegations that Victor has made. To my knowledge Johnny has never disregarded law (but please correct me if you have evidense to the contrary). Victor, however, does show disregard for laws, as he has broken them several times (four DUIs, battery of his mother, and more). Every single TMZ piece has come from Victor.

    As far as the latest event is concerned: TMZ has a pic of somone's leg with a bruise (a bruise and scratches do not prove abuse--I have worse bruises right now because I fell)--the picture is taken in their apartment and you can see a police in the background. This is clearly not a picture taken by the police, but rather a "selfie". What kind of person takes selfies of their bruises in the presence of a police, just to send them to TMZ?!? THAT is the kind of person I call shady.
    There was a picture of the bite and when Johnny was asked about it he never denied it, rather he countered with the fact that they both would fight each other at times, and that it was mostly playful. Johnny even tried to justify it by saying that domestic violence, while wrong, is different when it's between two men, and that the emotional scars Victor unleashed on him were bad even if there were no physical scars.

    All of the above makes it hardly a shock that once again Johnny has turned to violence and that once again Victor has capitalized on it by taking a picture and sending it to TMZ.

    Victor's assault on his mother is horrific and inexcusable, but it involved him shoving her and then restraining her from being able to call the police on him. Compare this to Johnny biting someone in defense of an "emotional attack" and now this new charge and I struggle to see how Victor is the only one with the violent tendencies.

    I repeat once again for people who aren't aware: the bar is NOTORIOUSLY tough and they will dig up everything. Victor apparently had trouble getting admitted for a time but ultimately he was admitted which means that they found him fit in the end and whatever offense he was guilty of was deemed forgivable.

    Johnny has had a history of lying through his teeth, not just on a blog or twitter, but in an official capacity as a writer for a paper. They are both shady as hell. Victor just happens to be shadier because he has nothing to lose.

    As far as the latest event is concerned: TMZ has a pic of somone's leg with a bruise (a bruise and scratches do not prove abuse--I have worse bruises right now because I fell)--the picture is taken in their apartment and you can see a police in the background. This is clearly not a picture taken by the police, but rather a "selfie". What kind of person takes selfies of their bruises in the presence of a police, just to send them to TMZ?!? THAT is the kind of person I call shady.
    First of all, it's obvious Victor is an attention whor* and also vengeful towards Johnny, thus contacting TMZ consistently, but that doesn't mean he's lying about what he's reporting.
    Second, it is common practice for police to take photos of a domestic violence victim's scars when they arrive on the scene, it is the smart and logical thing to do for court and documentation purposes (or the victim can do it themselves). Of course Victor would contact TMZ with this evidence based on his past behavior, simply as a means to get back at Johnny, but taking the photo itself makes perfect sense.
    Third, ANY kind of domestic violence in a relationship, no matter how minor is absolutely illegal and unacceptable. I don't care if you tripped and got the same bruise on your knee, a single slap across the face that doesn't leave a mark would still be unacceptable. There are allegations from Johnny that they were both physical with each other - and I wouldn't be shocked, as they are certainly both emotionally abusive. But NONE of that justifies the documented case of the vicious bite Johnny gave him or this new allegation. One of Johnny's responses to the bite case was that he knew Victor didn't love him when he rushed to show the police his bite mark!!! Because true love means hiding the bite marks your husband gave you?

    If you're going to try and twist it, at least use something logical like Johnny's accusation that they were both abusive, but don't try to downplay a bite or a scratch, it just makes you look like an abuse apologist

  2. #272
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Johnny just posted a clip of himself practicing his new Bollywood program - looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    http://instagram.com/p/oLrQqmhhTM/

    Victor who?
    Never been a Johnny fan, but I like what I'm seeing of the program so far! Any chance he'll give this whole competitive skating thing another go, thus making my Crazy Prediction come true? I mean, he's still throwing 'em triple axels and the US ain't exactly flooded with podium-finishers at the moment...

  3. #273
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    There was a picture of the bite and when Johnny was asked about it he never denied it, rather he countered with the fact that they both would fight each other at times, and that it was mostly playful. Johnny even tried to justify it by saying that domestic violence, while wrong, is different when it's between two men, and that the emotional scars Victor unleashed on him were bad even if there were no physical scars.

    All of the above makes it hardly a shock that once again Johnny has turned to violence and that once again Victor has capitalized on it by taking a picture and sending it to TMZ.

    Victor's assault on his mother is horrific and inexcusable, but it involved him shoving her and then restraining her from being able to call the police on him. Compare this to Johnny biting someone in defense of an "emotional attack" and now this new charge and I struggle to see how Victor is the only one with the violent tendencies.

    I repeat once again for people who aren't aware: the bar is NOTORIOUSLY tough and they will dig up everything. Victor apparently had trouble getting admitted for a time but ultimately he was admitted which means that they found him fit in the end and whatever offense he was guilty of was deemed forgivable.

    Johnny has had a history of lying through his teeth, not just on a blog or twitter, but in an official capacity as a writer for a paper. They are both shady as hell. Victor just happens to be shadier because he has nothing to lose.



    First of all, it's obvious Victor is an attention whor* and also vengeful towards Johnny, thus contacting TMZ consistently, but that doesn't mean he's lying about what he's reporting.
    Second, it is common practice for police to take photos of a domestic violence victim's scars when they arrive on the scene, it is the smart and logical thing to do for court and documentation purposes (or the victim can do it themselves). Of course Victor would contact TMZ with this evidence based on his past behavior, simply as a means to get back at Johnny, but taking the photo itself makes perfect sense.
    Third, ANY kind of domestic violence in a relationship, no matter how minor is absolutely illegal and unacceptable. I don't care if you tripped and got the same bruise on your knee, a single slap across the face that doesn't leave a mark would still be unacceptable. There are allegations from Johnny that they were both physical with each other - and I wouldn't be shocked, as they are certainly both emotionally abusive. But NONE of that justifies the documented case of the vicious bite Johnny gave him or this new allegation. One of Johnny's responses to the bite case was that he knew Victor didn't love him when he rushed to show the police his bite mark!!! Because true love means hiding the bite marks your husband gave you?

    If you're going to try and twist it, at least use something logical like Johnny's accusation that they were both abusive, but don't try to downplay a bite or a scratch, it just makes you look like an abuse apologist
    You seem to have a selective memory about Johnny's AH interview. I just rewatched it, and he says at the very beghinning of Part 2 that "domestic violence is never an answer". He also states clearly that the altercation in question started because Victor (who he says was "extremely drunk") wanted to have sex with Johnny, who refused. Johnny admits that a fight ensued, and that he was defending himself. He also points out that his friends have seen Victor hit him before.

    It's a "he said/he said" situation, but one of the two has previously been arrested for battery. We don't know for sure, but if indeed Victor was the aggressor and Johnny bit him in defense, Victor made a false accusation and tried to frame Johnny as the abuser. Since Johnny filed for divorce Victor has given every indication of being a vindictive and manipulative person who runs to the tabloids all the time, whie Johnny has not talked to media at all since the AH interview--just as he said he wouldn't--I'm inclined to believe Johnny.

    But if Victor having been admitted to NJ bar makes him an upstanding citizen in your books, so be it. I beg to differ, but you have every right to your opinion, just like I have to mine.

    What I hope we can agree on is that Johnny needs to divorce Victor, and fast.

  4. #274
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    You seem to have a selective memory about Johnny's AH interview. I just rewatched it, and he says at the very beghinning of Part 2 that "domestic violence is never an answer". He also states clearly that the altercation in question started because Victor (who he says was "extremely drunk") wanted to have sex with Johnny, who refused. Johnny admits that a fight ensued, and that he was defending himself. He also points out that his friends have seen Victor hit him before.
    I'm the one with the selective memory? Because you ignore the very end of the quote in question about domestic violence never being the answer:

    "“We were fighting in such a terrible way and it did get physical on that night and it’s unfortunate that things went the way that it did because domestic violence is never the way to go. Domestic violence is never the answer and when its two men, things are different,” Weir claimed.
    He also clarifies, about his "defending himself":

    “I was defending myself on that night… you would never see a mark on my body, but the damage that was done to me mentally was crippling,” Weir claimed.
    Emotional abuse is horrible, but when discussing a physical altercation and how one had to resort to biting in "defense", one wouldn't emphasize the emotional abuse. It makes it sound like Victor's abuse on that night was more emotional.

    It's a "he said/he said" situation, but one of the two has previously been arrested for battery. We don't know for sure, but if indeed Victor was the aggressor and Johnny bit him in defense, Victor made a false accusation and tried to frame Johnny as the abuser. Since Johnny filed for divorce Victor has given every indication of being a vindictive and manipulative person who runs to the tabloids all the time, whie Johnny has not talked to media at all since the AH interview--just as he said he wouldn't--I'm inclined to believe Johnny.
    How is it framing if Johnny never denied biting him? If the truth is that Johnny was also physically abused, it doesn't make what Victor did "framing". Yeah sure it's he said/he said, but they're both shady. Johnny has straight up fabricated stories in an incredibly amoral way as a writer for a paper in order to benefit himself. And it was incredibly petty too because it wasn't necessary, just an issue of pride. That speaks volumes about how low he is willing to go.

    But if Victor having been admitted to NJ bar makes him an upstanding citizen in your books, so be it. I beg to differ, but you have every right to your opinion, just like I have to mine.

    What I hope we can agree on is that Johnny needs to divorce Victor, and fast.
    Where did I make any comment about him being an upstanding citizen? My comment about the bar was for the people who were painting him as someone with a horrific and lengthy criminal past based on rumors and hearsay online. If you knew anything about the bar (which apparently, a lot of Johnny fans don't), you would know that at least from a legal standpoint that's not the case.

  5. #275
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Never been a Johnny fan, but I like what I'm seeing of the program so far! Any chance he'll give this whole competitive skating thing another go, thus making my Crazy Prediction come true? I mean, he's still throwing 'em triple axels and the US ain't exactly flooded with podium-finishers at the moment...
    He's definitely getting in shape for the shows in Japan! http://instagram.com/p/oL3WeVBhW0/

  6. #276
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,759
    My feeling is that both of them have their issues and it should excuse the term stay behind the closet doors. It's none of our business. WE can theorize but it seems both have their own way of being flamboyant and in search of fame. We know that Victor who may not be working now has the potential to make more than enough for him and Johnny and vice versa - we also know Johnny isn't maybe making the big bucks we think with the commentating. Yes, it does seem like they both are into publicity and a reality tv show - ugh. why not just leave them with the kadashians and Bruce jenner in a room and let the excuse the pun feathers fly.

  7. #277
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    What I hope we can agree on is that Johnny needs to divorce Victor, and fast.
    Agreed.

  8. #278
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,789
    @Matilda
    I think he'll also be at Artistry on Ice in China? Or maybe I dreamed it.

    The information is too scattered and ever-changing to make sense of this whole divorce scenario. I will say: I think emotional abuse is every bit as much of a problem as physical abuse. Certainly more of a problem than defending yourself. I dunno, maybe it's 'cause I grew up in a different culture, but the whole western stance of "You can say the most horrific things you want, but the moment you hit someone, the hitting becomes more serious than any words you can ever say" always seemed strange to me.

  9. #279
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    "I was defending myself on that night...you would never see a mark on my body but the damage that was done to me mentally was crippling."
    I didn't read this as him talking about emotional abuse at this point (that was the control he talked about earlier, of Victor trying to isolate Johnny from his friends and family, etc.), but about being restrained in a manner where biting is the only way out. In that case there would be no marks on his body, but the emotional impact of being restrained in that manner would indeed be awful.

    I don't think there's any point arguing about this further.

  10. #280
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    @Matilda
    I think he'll also be at Artistry on Ice in China? Or maybe I dreamed it.

    The information is too scattered and ever-changing to make sense of this whole divorce scenario. I will say: I think emotional abuse is every bit as much of a problem as physical abuse. Certainly more of a problem than defending yourself. I dunno, maybe it's 'cause I grew up in a different culture, but the whole western stance of "You can say the most horrific things you want, but the moment you hit someone, the hitting becomes more serious than any words you can ever say" always seemed strange to me.
    Emotional abuse is certainly a factor in divorce proceedings, but prosecuting it can be tricky. You can't really sue someone for being rude or just mean. Half of the people on this forum would be in jail. In bullying cases where the victim committed suicide, you have to prove that it was directly caused by the bullying. But with all of that said, emotional abuse never justifies physical abuse either. There are also allegations that Johnny cheated, which qualifies as emotional abuse, and TMZ posted an apology email he sent.

  11. #281
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,789
    If Johnny were really defending himself with the scratching, I don't see how that's "physical abuse." In fact, that's letting Victor off easy.

    Of course, it's very much a "he said" "she said" scenario at this point. We don't know enough as outsiders to judge.

  12. #282
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    306
    Johnny claimed the bite was in self defense.

    The scratch attack is from a recent episode where Victor says Johnny became furious when he saw some negative texts on Victor's phone.

    This is pretty gross but
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...03_634x688.jpg


  13. #283
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    361
    [QUOTE=Sandpiper;937507]@Matilda
    I think he'll also be at Artistry on Ice in China? Or maybe I dreamed it. [/QUOTE}

    No you didn't! He will definitely be in AoI! What an amazing cast they have again. Can you go to the show?

    The information is too scattered and ever-changing to make sense of this whole divorce scenario. I will say: I think emotional abuse is every bit as much of a problem as physical abuse. Certainly more of a problem than defending yourself. I dunno, maybe it's 'cause I grew up in a different culture, but the whole western stance of "You can say the most horrific things you want, but the moment you hit someone, the hitting becomes more serious than any words you can ever say" always seemed strange to me.
    I agree that emotional abuse is horryfying. And as far as physical abuse is concerned, I have witnessed a situation where the abuser had marks while the abused had none. Physical marks such as scratches and bite marks can just as well be the result of the abused trying to defend him- or herslef. In fact, scratches can even be self-inflected...

  14. #284
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    @Matilda
    I think he'll also be at Artistry on Ice in China? Or maybe I dreamed it.

    The information is too scattered and ever-changing to make sense of this whole divorce scenario. I will say: I think emotional abuse is every bit as much of a problem as physical abuse. Certainly more of a problem than defending yourself. I dunno, maybe it's 'cause I grew up in a different culture, but the whole western stance of "You can say the most horrific things you want, but the moment you hit someone, the hitting becomes more serious than any words you can ever say" always seemed strange to me.
    Emotional abuse has long been considered acceptable in American culture. I don't know why. Many of us were taught a rhyme as children that says exactly what you say here: "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me". It has only been in recent years that things like name calling and verbal harassment have even been called bullying or addressed as such in our schools and they still are not consistently stopped. A teacher who grabs a student to keep him or her from hurting someone else can still be fired for abusing the student while I worked for a principal who routinely called students "r*t*rd" and "dumbass" in his capacity as a football coach and it was considered a "normal part of sports" and never stopped.

    As for Johnny and Victor, the only fact we know for sure is that in a situation like this, everyone is going to give the public the information that makes them look good so it is naive to trust the word of either of them. Whatever has happened, it does seem clear that this is a toxic relationship that they'd both do well to end now.

  15. #285
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,789
    @pointyourtoe
    More "He said" "She said." It's impossible to make sense of the story right now. But it's quite reductionist to say "A scratched B. Therefore A is the bad guy." Of course, we can't say for sure that, "B has a criminal history while A doesn't. Therefore B is the bad guy." But people like Matilda and Noskates do have ample reason to think Victor is bad news (though you, of course, do have reasons to think the same of Johnny).

    Also, picture doesn't look as gross as I was expecting, from your description.

    @Matilda
    Oh, no, no such luck! Haven't been back in China for a decade, and I'll probably die from the air pollution there the moment I get off the airplane, if I tried to go. Plus, I'm dead broke right now and can't even afford to see Tessa and Scott here in Canada, let alone off in China. But I think the Chinese fans will be in for a real treat, between Plushy, V/T, Tessa and Scott, and Johnny's new Bollywood program which looks pretty promising.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •