Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 300

Thread: Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

  1. #61
    Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bible Belt
    Posts
    420
    Shouldn't they just be on First Wives of NJ or some other reality show? He is and always has been such a joke.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Johnny's latest Facebook post:

    I'm so sorry for what I've done.

    https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyGWeir?fref=ts

    Not sure what he means by that. Perhaps he will say more, or perhaps he wants to tease the public by hinting at more to come.
    Strange. Johnny usually posts on FB through twitter, but there is no tweet this time. He hasn't posted anything directly on FB in ages.

  3. #63
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Johnny's latest Facebook post:

    I'm so sorry for what I've done.

    https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyGWeir?fref=ts

    Not sure what he means by that. Perhaps he will say more, or perhaps he wants to tease the public by hinting at more to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Strange. Johnny usually posts on FB through twitter, but there is no tweet this time. He hasn't posted anything directly on FB in ages.
    Johnny Weir Verified account
    ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    My Facebook is currently hacked. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are working on it. Please disregard any changes or updates there. TY
    6:50 AM - 20 Mar 2014
    https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/stat...44952765050880

  4. #64
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    What is Victor going to take from johnny? His birkin bag?
    This is so silly. What a sad case of narcissism.
    oooh gurl! I bet Johnny's birkin bag is candy pink, too!

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,084
    I think Johnny was a lot more talk than action. Did he actually buy 40 pairs of shoes and 30 hats? And why are y'all rehashing stuff that happened years ago? How does it relate to what's happening now? It doesn't! Flattfan - you just plain hate him so why keep posting in this thread? We get it, okay? Some of us actually are more interested in what happens or happened on the ice rather than off the ice. And anyone who implies that Johnny was just a casual talent obviously didn't watch him very closely. Like I said, I saw him at Dreams on Ice last year with Max Aaron, Jason Brown, Ricky Dornbush, Polina Edmunds and Samantha Cesario. Whether you like the man or not - he was clearly the most talented skater out there and had the most finesse and style on the ice. Max lumbered, Jason was cute and quirky, Ricky had trouble skating clean, Samantha tried to act like a sex goddess, Polina was a skinny little girl with braids in her hair and big jumps! BUT.... Whether you liked how he was dressed or what he skated to his artistry and his ability to deliver the program was superior to all the other skaters.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    219
    Johnny was a great skater but he certainly seems to be 100% about the drama in his personal life. "I only want to talk about this to Ellen or Oprah?" Oh puh-leez.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    205
    Off topic, as much as I love his skating, his fashion sense is terrible.
    His fur coat, I wonder how many dead animals are on his shoulder.
    His hair, he is becoming Marie Antoinette?

  8. #68
    Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I think Johnny was a lot more talk than action. Did he actually buy 40 pairs of shoes and 30 hats? And why are y'all rehashing stuff that happened years ago? How does it relate to what's happening now? It doesn't! Flattfan - you just plain hate him so why keep posting in this thread? We get it, okay? Some of us actually are more interested in what happens or happened on the ice rather than off the ice. And anyone who implies that Johnny was just a casual talent obviously didn't watch him very closely. Like I said, I saw him at Dreams on Ice last year with Max Aaron, Jason Brown, Ricky Dornbush, Polina Edmunds and Samantha Cesario. Whether you like the man or not - he was clearly the most talented skater out there and had the most finesse and style on the ice. Max lumbered, Jason was cute and quirky, Ricky had trouble skating clean, Samantha tried to act like a sex goddess, Polina was a skinny little girl with braids in her hair and big jumps! BUT.... Whether you liked how he was dressed or what he skated to his artistry and his ability to deliver the program was superior to all the other skaters.
    Thank you, noskates. I'm sorry to hear about the breakup of a longterm relationship and hope that the divorce doesn't completely devastate either party financially, emotionally, mentally, etc. Ms. Weir's comment was out of place and tacky but hey, she's a mom -- I'll give her a pass on one fairly mild snark. As far as the "talk to Ellen or Oprah" -- in the context that seems like it was a failed attempt at humor, not some sort of tease or narcisissm. And the out-of-the-blue FB comment was quickly debunked as a hack job. Anyway, sorry to see so much vitriol and name-calling being directed at Johnny as a person.

    I hope Johnny continues to skate in shows when he can and that he stays involved in skating as a commentator or in some other capacity.

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    119
    Johnny Weir is all about drama. keeps him in the news and makes headlines.

  10. #70
    Custom Title KwanIsALegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Exactly Johnny better be prepared to support his man! I can't imagine any decent law firm would want their attorneys in that kind of publicity.

    Sigh. Johnny was very talented skater who didn't develop as artistically thoroughly as I thought he could. He developed a stage persona and fluff. The pity party of "I can't believe I finished 6th" was off-putting too. Simple choreography and jump content - what did he expect? There are guys who put their bones and hips on the line to attempt things he didn't think he need because.... he was so artistic? No, he wasn't.
    I am not crazy about off-ice Johnny. But his skating was definitely something special, Dr.Zhivago, Otonal?? C,mon! He had magnificent flow and as Dick Button has said "He is like a greyhound when he jumps".
    When he was on, he was gorgeous, so fluid and landed his jumps so effortlessly.
    His 2010 LP was stunning, he put everything he had into that skate, landed two solid 3 axles one in combination.
    You have to give him credit for that, he really poured his heart into that skate, he was so clean and solid ( oh, except for that slight step out of the spin that Sandra could not shut up about )

    I think his 2010 Olympic LP will always be one of my favorite LP's of all time.

  11. #71
    Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I think Johnny was a lot more talk than action. Did he actually buy 40 pairs of shoes and 30 hats? And why are y'all rehashing stuff that happened years ago? How does it relate to what's happening now? It doesn't! Flattfan - you just plain hate him so why keep posting in this thread? We get it, okay? Some of us actually are more interested in what happens or happened on the ice rather than off the ice. And anyone who implies that Johnny was just a casual talent obviously didn't watch him very closely. Like I said, I saw him at Dreams on Ice last year with Max Aaron, Jason Brown, Ricky Dornbush, Polina Edmunds and Samantha Cesario. Whether you like the man or not - he was clearly the most talented skater out there and had the most finesse and style on the ice. Max lumbered, Jason was cute and quirky, Ricky had trouble skating clean, Samantha tried to act like a sex goddess, Polina was a skinny little girl with braids in her hair and big jumps! BUT.... Whether you liked how he was dressed or what he skated to his artistry and his ability to deliver the program was superior to all the other skaters.
    Samantha IS a sex godess. Fact.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Johnny Weir Verified account
    ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    My Facebook is currently hacked. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are working on it. Please disregard any changes or updates there. TY
    6:50 AM - 20 Mar 2014
    https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/stat...44952765050880
    why would you hack someone's facebook to post something as lame as 'i'm so sorry'. if it were me, i'd post something like: 'please call the police, i'm a recovering cannibal and i've just caught my next victim, SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!'

    sounds like johnny's backtracking to me

  13. #73
    Custom Title KwanIsALegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Eh, it's not about the field so much as it is the scoring system and the judging.

    Johnny had movement and musical interpretation that is better than anyone these days. He could do the best Triple Axels in the world. He could do difficult spin positions brilliantly. He had strong blade stroking. He even had some difficult jump entrances.

    The sport at the moment, though, is just demanding way too much technical content. There's not enough room to actually skate and perform.
    The Twizzles, don't forget his Twizzles!!
    I agree fully with your post.

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Johnny Weir Verified account
    ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    My Facebook is currently hacked. I apologize for any inconvenience, we are working on it. Please disregard any changes or updates there. TY
    6:50 AM - 20 Mar 2014
    https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/stat...44952765050880

    Yeah, right.

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,555
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Johnny is a kind and wonderful person. Victor is a horrible person. I will be cheering for Johnny all the way in the coming months in how this plays out.
    I so agree with this!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •