Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
On the fur issue, I wouldn't wear it myself and I definitely don't think he needs a dozen or however many he has. But he spends a lot of time in Russia with its subzero winters, and fur is very mainstream there. It IS warm. So I can somewhat see how he justifies it.

Nobody in this thread may know Johnny or Victor personally, but we can glean some things about Victor's character based on the threatening emails he sent to Michael Lucas, the multiple accusations of fraud, the court records someone linked earlier, etc. Nobody is all bad, but he certainly isn't all good either.

But I don't think it's silly or overly dramatic that he would cry over Johnny taking the dog. Wouldn't most people cry if they were separated from a beloved pet? Male, female, straight or gay.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
On the fur issue, I wouldn't wear it myself and I definitely don't think he needs a dozen or however many he has. But he spends a lot of time in Russia with its subzero winters, and fur is very mainstream there. It IS warm. So I can somewhat see how he justifies it.

Nobody in this thread may know Johnny or Victor personally, but we can glean some things about Victor's character based on the threatening emails he sent to Michael Lucas, the multiple accusations of fraud, the court records someone linked earlier, etc. Nobody is all bad, but he certainly isn't all good either.

But I don't think it's silly or overly dramatic that he would cry over Johnny taking the dog. Wouldn't most people cry if they were separated from a beloved pet? Male, female, straight or gay.

Oh, me, totally. Just the way TMZ is covering this is just one big <eyeroll>

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Oh, me, totally. Just the way TMZ is covering this is just one big <eyeroll>

Yeah, TMZ loves tabloid stories with lots of drama and theatrics.

It also may be because the head of TMZ (Harvey Levin) is openly gay and perhaps has an interest in this story since Johnny is one of the only current openly-gay figure skaters (and the first one to get married?)

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Yeah, TMZ loves tabloid stories with lots of drama and theatrics.

It also may be because the head of TMZ (Harvey Levin) is openly gay and perhaps has an interest in this story since Johnny is one of the only current openly-gay figure skaters (and the first one to get married?)

I think it's more just that Johnny has a big personality and is, let's face it, the only skater many Americans know.

millie

Medalist
Wasn't this case dismissed? Johnny's partner asked to court to drop charges and so the court did.

momjudi

On the Ice
Wasn't this case dismissed? Johnny's partner asked to court to drop charges and so the court did.

The original biting charge was dismissed but Johnny has since filed for divorce. Depending on who you believe, Johnny told Victor he wanted out before he left for Sochi and Johnny officially moved out of their apartment last week. Victor claims he had no idea Johnny wanted out of the marriage until last week when he was served with divorce papers despite the fact that Access Hollywood or TMZ found out that Victor is on his second divorce lawyer and has a media consultant to clean up his image. Since they separated, Victor accused Johnny of throwing a doll at him and hitting him (at the beginning of March) but didn't report it to the court until last week. Johnny was allowed back into the apartment to gather his belongings and found that Victor had gotten rid of all his clothing. No word whether his costumes and skates are okay. While at the apartment, Johnny took the dog with him as Johnny always referred to the dog as his son. Victor's cousin was with Johnny and helped him gather whatever belongings he could in the 30 minutes he was allowed. The court case to determine the custody of the dog is next week.

millie

Medalist
The best of luck to them both.....divorce is not nice.....let's hope they get their privacy they need to get through this.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
Johnny Weir is a shrewd businessman. While I have no doubt his marriage was legitimate and its ending sad, I have a feeling he will use this to keep his name in the headlines for a while longer. He just came off of a big career boost with the Olympics and this can further entrench him into the public consciousness.

usethis2

Medalist
Yes, much better, and without the casual homophobia.

Oh, come on. I don't think Flattfan's remark was homophobic. To me "Two former lovers hurting each other by depriving each other of their objects of affection" sounds more parody-like. (though I'm certain that SkateFeguring only meant well) Like calling a cheating and its consequences "alienation of affection" in divorce court. :rofl:

JayW

Final Flight
Meanwhile look at the bright side of the Johnny-Victor divorce case, it is win-win-win-win-win situation:

1) Johnny got more publicity, and no publicity is bad publicity.
2) Victor was nobody before met Johnny, now he is almost household name!
3) TMZ caught more eye balls.
4) We are entertained.
5) Gay marriage is no different from straight marriage, in a twisted logic, it is further justified.

Flaya

Match Penalty
Johnny Weird, the most annoying skater ever!

Victor can do much better, he's a hottie and looks like a great catch, I was flabbergasted he was interested in Weir.