Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's court day for biting his husband Voronov

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
This split is turning out to be nastier than I thought it would be. It's also getting a fair amount of tabloid type coverage, particularly from TMZ.

Daily allegations of domestic assault, lavish spending on clothes, threats of nude photos being leaked, etc...

FlattFan

Match Penalty
It took JFK Jr. a dozen times to pass the NY bar. So let's not make it like if you want it you can get it next week.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
It took JFK Jr. a dozen times to pass the NY bar. So let's not make it like if you want it you can get it next week.

That's a strawman's argument. Nobody said that Victor isn't smart, or that he needed to be admitted in a week. In fact, he passed the test the first time. The point was, he wasn't admitted to the Bar for three years. My brother is a New York lawyer....he passed the Bar on his second try; however, he was admitted three months after passing.

Selene

On the Ice
This split is turning out to be nastier than I thought it would be. It's also getting a fair amount of tabloid type coverage, particularly from TMZ.

Daily allegations of domestic assault, lavish spending on clothes, threats of nude photos being leaked, etc...

The mud slinging is embarrassing and not making either party look good.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice

Not quite that bad - he passed on his third attempt.

I like Johnny as a skater, but he's a manipulator and he even admitted things got physical on his end as well as on his husbands. These things that are being leaked are probably leaked by him, since he has more of an in with the media. It doesn't serve either of them, and becomes the narrative rather than his accomplishments telling the story. I wish he would grow up and live a more private life, but he seems to feed off of attention, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

noskates

Record Breaker
Well it wasn't Johnny who hired a media consultant!!!! At this point in time, post-Olympics, Johnny doesn't need the type of publicity he's getting. He also isn't the one who sat at home and lived off of his celebrity husband. I think Victor stands to lose more from this divorce and I really believe he's the one doing all the leaks to TMZ specifically to discredit Johnny.

Matilda

Medalist
Well it wasn't Johnny who hired a media consultant!!!! At this point in time, post-Olympics, Johnny doesn't need the type of publicity he's getting. He also isn't the one who sat at home and lived off of his celebrity husband. I think Victor stands to lose more from this divorce and I really believe he's the one doing all the leaks to TMZ specifically to discredit Johnny.

Exactly.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Yes, two gays fighting tooth and nail over bags and furs. Tooth and nail! Bags and furs. None are made up. So ridiculous.

I agree. It's not homophobic to point out that it's embarrassing for 2 guys to be fighting over Hermes bags. Many gay people have said the same thing about Johnny & Victor on the gay celebrity forums this week.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree. It's not homophobic to point out that it's embarrassing for 2 guys to be fighting over Hermes bags. Many gay people have said the same thing about Johnny & Victor on the gay celebrity forums this week.
I don't know should I feel sad for Johnny or find this whole fiasco amusing. Quite mixed feeling.

momjudi

On the Ice
Documents released yesterday show that Johnny's soon to be ex husband was arrested in 2009 after he attacked his mother, held her down and prevented her from calling 911.

JayW

Final Flight
Documents released yesterday show that Johnny's soon to be ex husband was arrested in 2009 after he attacked his mother, held her down and prevented her from calling 911.

Oh, boy I am so glad Johnny got out of this marriage. What kind of sick man attacks his own mother!

Icey

Record Breaker
Where did he bite him? Maybe, Johnny was just sexually experimenting. lmao

Equitable distribution is the law in New York that determines the division of property at the end of a marriage. The court examines thirteen factors in determining the fair division of the property that was accumulated during the marriage and the debts of the parties. The courts have routinely held that equal distribution is the norm except in cases of egregious misconduct, or when dealing with businesses, professional licenses, and college & advanced degrees.

Will be interesting to see how their property is divided.

Matilda

Medalist

I presume you're referring to this piece: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-voronov-secret-violent-past-arrests-battery/

Just to be clear, it doesn't say that any documents were "released"--I guess they either got them from documents submitted to the court in conjunction with the divorce case or they obtained the information from the court documents in Georgia, where the assault took place. At any rate, Victor really seems to be a piece of work. Drugs, alcohol, theft, and violence? Ugh! :(

FlattFan

Match Penalty

This is the consequence for marrying Johnny Weir, all your skeletons are digged up and aired out to dry.
Johnny Weir also ran his mouth and lied about his Olympics gig. They found his contract with NBC where he made 25k for the entire time. This fool isn't footing his husbands' luxurious lifestyle with this kind of money.

Bad deal for the husband, giving up all his privacy for so little.