if you're a figure skater, what would you be? | Golden Skate

if you're a figure skater, what would you be?

BlackPack

Medalist
​For me:

Ice dancer
Partner: On the ice, I'd need a man of average height as I'm short (don't want any Coomes and Buckland jokes), Maxim S, Lambiel, Ponomarenko, Dai
Coach: Krylova, although her husband's unibrow might be too distracting
Choreographer: Shanti Rushpaul, Rohene Ward
​Swan Song/Our Bolero: Chi Mai by Ennio Morricone
Country: Tajikistan, I'm sure they need more representation, I'll pay a random Tajik guy to marry me for the citizenship ;-)
Style: intense, dark, dramatic, brooding
costumes: understated but still related to the theme

How about you?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Skater: Everything about Gracie Gold, hair, body type, speed, power, consistency, hollywood like beauty, musicality etc. and the legs of Carolina Kostner.
Music: something fast tracked
Style: intense, power, speed and dramatic
costumes: anything with glitters, preferably, grey, blue and yellow/golden dress

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Do you mean who would I be? I'm female, but I want to be Yuzuru Hanyu without the frilly costumes LOL

Petitefleur

Spectator
I love a lot of figure skaters

Skater : body fit and very flexible, speed, power, gracefulness, musicality, especially today generation on ice : Yuna Kim, Nathalie Pechalat, Tessa Virtue, Julia Lipnitskaia, Gracie Gold, Carolina Kostner ...if I were a man (Lambiel, Hanyu, Takahashi, Fernandez, Ten, Chan, Abbott, Amodio)
if a partner: Stéphane Lambiel, Maxim Stavisky, Christopher Dean, Jeremy Abbott, Nikita Katsalapov
Coach: Krylova, Zhulin, Orser
Choreographer: Rohene Ward , Christopher Dean, Camerlengo, Ilya Averbukh, Lori Nichol, Zhulin , Shae-Lynn Bourne
​Music : any kind from classical to modern, jazz, ethnics, but I don't like badly modernized classical music, and I don't like songs for the most of them
Style: intense, dramatic, funny, special, be different
costumes: related to the theme, sophisticated, be different

BlackPack

Medalist
Do you mean who would I be? I'm female, but I want to be Yuzuru Hanyu without the frilly costumes LOL

Yuz is androgynous. ;)

You can interpret the question any way you want ;)

Mainly, I wanted to know what people on this forum what kind of skaters they would like to be. What discipline, style, music, coach, partner (if ice dance or pairs is chosen), choreographer, etc.

Personally, I wish I had parents who would have given me the opportunity to start skating as a young child. If I ever reincarnate, I'd like to be an ice dancer. Now it's too late. I hate the feeling of wearing skates - very painful, far more painful than any stilettoes I ever had to wear. I learned to skate a bit as an adult, and I have no talent. I know there are adult competitions and there are plenty of people who compete as adult amateurs, but I really rather spend my money and time elsewhere. I can only enjoy skating as a spectator and not as a participant.

BlackPack

Medalist
I love a lot of figure skaters

Skater : body fit and very flexible, speed, power, gracefulness, musicality, especially today generation on ice : Yuna Kim, Nathalie Pechalat, Tessa Virtue, Julia Lipnitskaia, Gracie Gold, Carolina Kostner ...if I were a man (Lambiel, Hanyu, Takahashi, Fernandez, Ten, Chan, Abbott, Amodio)
if a partner: Stéphane Lambiel, Maxim Stavisky, Christopher Dean, Jeremy Abbott, Nikita Katsalapov
Coach: Krylova, Zhulin, Orser
Choreographer: Rohene Ward , Christopher Dean, Camerlengo, Ilya Averbukh, Lori Nichol, Zhulin , Shae-Lynn Bourne
​Music : any kind from classical to modern, jazz, ethnics, but I don't like badly modernized classical music, and I don't like songs for the most of them
Style: intense, dramatic, funny, special, be different
costumes: related to the theme, sophisticated, be different

I agree with Ten! I would like him as a partner too. His posture is divine.

As for Chris Dean as choreographer, I don't know, I was never too impressed with the programs he choreographed for others; I only loved the programs he choreographed for himself and the Duchesnays.

I don't want Zhulin.... or Morozov. I don't want my face to end up in soup :biggrin::laugh:

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Definitely singles skater. Hybrid of the best of Carolina Kostner and Alissa Czisny with the same wholesome girl next door appeal but gorgeous nonetheless. Maybe add a bit of Yuna's steely nerves to cancel out the head casing tendencies. Style: artsy, more on the lyrical side. Music: classical. Signature pieces: something by Debussy, Saint Saens, Corelli, maybe Afternoon of a Faun. Country: someplace western European. Costumes: understated simple lines but bring on the Swarovski. Coach: not sure but Obersdorf seems like a nice place. Choreographer: Stephane Lambiel.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
everything about michelle kwan except with the consistency of yuna kim

i could probably take over the world and make everyone genuflect whenever they talk to me

TMC

Record Breaker
Male, Singles. I'm a bit of a tomboy :biggrin:

Think Ryan Bradley in music-appropriate costumes. Rohene Ward as choreographer, hands down. I would Entertain the socks off that audience!

I'd retire after winning 3 Junior Champs & medalling (bronze) at my first and only World Champs cos I wouldn't deal with the senior pressure as well. I wouldn't do quads at all, I'd concentrate on clean programs. I'd be known for my amazing, intricate and long step sequences, lots of Rippon & 'tano Lutzes and some awesome signature spin position I'd invented that only I could do. I'd represent Finland of course, because I'd instantly be a huge celebrity due to historical lack of male talent here.

This is fun :laugh:

redfiretrees

Rinkside
Hmmm.. Since I used to be into sports and not really artistic. I think I would get higher in TES but really low in PCS. And I would most probably be a headcase, always getting nervous before taking the ice.

redfiretrees

Rinkside
You're Max Aaron?

Hahaha.:think: Sorry I'm not that familiar as much with the male figure skaters. But I do know that Max used to be a hockey player and is also criticized for his lack of artistry but I didn't know that he had a problems with his nerves.

What an intriguing idea for a thread! I'm quite taken with the idea of being an ice dancer. I wouldn't mind having Alissa Czisny's smile, but I want curly hair. I''d love to be largely responsible for the music. And I think Zoueva would be my choreographer. My partner? I haven't finished daydreaming this up yet.

noskates

Record Breaker
I would be Stephane Lambiel. Which would be weird since I'm female. But I've always admired his grace on the ice, his spins, his interpretation of music, and he's damn cute!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
What an intriguing idea for a thread! I'm quite taken with the idea of being an ice dancer. I wouldn't mind having Alissa Czisny's smile, but I want curly hair. I''d love to be largely responsible for the music. And I think Zoueva would be my choreographer. My partner? I haven't finished daydreaming this up yet.

I'd be a better looking six foot version cross between Victor Petrenko and Mark Mitchell. Throw in Jeff Buttle too. I'd have Tech and PCS. David Wilson as choreographer, or I would do my own choreo. Coach would obviously be Mr. Nicks, maybe Frank Carroll.

Though I could see myself partnering with Meryl Davis... Was it me or did Charlie look kind of puffy and not really in Olympian shape? He didn't read "Olympic Champion" to me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hahaha.:think: Sorry I'm not that familiar as much with the male figure skaters. But I do know that Max used to be a hockey player and is also criticized for his lack of artistry but I didn't know that he had a problems with his nerves.

OT: I don't think Max has a problem with nerves. I think his errors at the beginning of the season was him taking on too much -- he was trying to up his second mark while trying to up his technical arsenal at the same time. I think now that Max is back to manageable content, we'll see some of the consistency we saw last season.

To answer the question:
I like to be a singles skater with the sass and huge jumps of Mae Bernice Meite, have the choreographic detail, fluidity and flexibility of Jason Brown and skate with reckless abandon and freedom like Yuzuru Hanyu. Can all those co-exist?

County: It would be fun to represent Vietnam to honor my roots.

Choreography: Rohene Ward and Jeffery Buttle

Coach: Kori Ade. Happy International Women's Day!